PDA

View Full Version : RS6 for sale, must sell fast...

Ted
September 7th, 2004, 07:10
Avus/Ebony, 1300.00 miles, new from dealer 5-weeks ago, Nav, XM installed and activated, rear air bags. $69.5K or make offer. I need to sell it fast. You can e-mail me at tc4542@cox.net.

nene
September 7th, 2004, 14:59
You should really post it on the <a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/a6">AW-A6 forum</a>, as I know a few folks there are looking for this type of vehicle. Not so sure some have the means to pick it up so quickly, as I assume they expect to trade their current vehicle in, but worth a try!

What did you get in replacement of the beast? Or is it just an excuse to get the car sold?
Good luck Ted.

JAXRS6
September 7th, 2004, 17:14
I would add to nene's Audiworld.com (AW) comment that I have sold two Audis thru AW's Marketplace. The listing starts out free, never gets too pricey, and reaches an audience that is interested in Audis -- or they wouldn't be there.

In contrast, I spent about $300 on ads to sell my 98 A4 1.8T; those ads -- in Detroit papers, Auto Trader and an Intrernet site -- produced a few calls but no visitors. Only AW produced visitors. Both visitors -- one for the A4, the other (later) for my S4 -- came from out of state, became buyers, and were ready with a cashier's check upon arrival.

Both my cars took a few weeks to sell, but if you are really in a hurry you should say so in your ads -- as you just did -- and be prepared for some possible sacrifice in price, no matter where you advertise. Being such an unusual and expensive car, the RS6 doesn't seem likely to generate a lot of interest fast unless the seller is offering a bargain. But maybe I'm wrong.

Where are you? Some of the AW postings in their RS6 forum suggest that since inventories vary from one part of the US to another, prices will vary too.

I do wish you well. All owners will face a sale at some point, and the better you do the more encouraged we'll be!:thumb:

This might be a very interesting time to sell an RS6. One theory holds that since few new ones are left, prices will firm up. We'll see.