PDA

View Full Version : need your help (mechanical problem)

trex
September 5th, 2004, 11:49
hello rs6 owners and fans
as you can see am new in this wanderful forum so take it easy on me :hihi:

i have this problem with my B.new rs6 ,2004 i dont really know how to explain this and forgive my bad english BTW ,ok my problem is that when im on a high gear on low speeds when ever i hit the gas (release the gas pedal then tap it) i hear this 'bang' a mechanical bang i think its from the differential ,so i gave my car to my local AUDI shoop and after checking on the car for three days they came out with nothing and told me this is natural for a car with highy power ????????

now is this happening with all with all rs6's?? can you guys help me out i feal something is wrong but dont know what to do.

Erik
September 5th, 2004, 12:05
Hi trex and welcome,

For better "service" please fill in your profile with your location, country etc. : http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=editprofile

I have experienced this on a test car I drove in Essen, probably driven very hard by numerous people and the press.

A friend had a similar problem. His Audi mech now fills up the oil in the automatic gearbox on a regular basis. His car is chipped (with tip chip) as well which might be worth mentioning.

sturs6
September 5th, 2004, 12:10
Welcome Trex...
I have encountered this same problem and I am glad that you brought it up because I was going to mention it in my next service but I had forgotten.
-Stuart

trex
September 5th, 2004, 12:24
Originally posted by Erik
Hi trex and welcome,

For better "service" please fill in your profile with your location, country etc. : http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=editprofile

I have experienced this on a test car I drove in Essen, probably driven very hard by numerous people and the press.

A friend had a similar problem. His Audi mech now fills up the oil in the automatic gearbox on a regular basis. His car is chipped (with tip chip) as well which might be worth mentioning.
10x for your advice Erik ,my car is new and not chipped and im geting more crazy every time im hearing this noise :(

Originally posted by sturs6
Welcome Trex...
I have encountered this same problem and I am glad that you brought it up because I was going to mention it in my next service but I had forgotten.
-Stuart
10x for passing by sturs6 ,hope that you can contact me when you get your car checkd :)

keo
September 5th, 2004, 15:22
I will feel the same....:vgrumpy: if such problem appear on my car. I have a chipped on both ecu and tip but does not receive such problem. The rs6 has very smooth shifting between gears:vhmmm: I will definitely bring the car back to the dealer and have them look extremely in detail and to solve such problem....good luck.