PDA

View Full Version : rs6+ dvd based navigation system

gjg
September 4th, 2004, 21:00
does anyone know where to connect Phatbox on the DVD NAV+ ?

Dealer has no clue ........ :idea:

jon
September 5th, 2004, 00:04
remove cd changer

put phatnoise in place of it and fix using the screws provided

when going through the set up the new dvd

The instruction manual shows pics of the head units and a coresponding letter of the alaphbet. unfortunately the new dvd is
not listed, but I guessed it would be the next letter up and it was (of the top of my head I think it is type S) so check the instructions and go up the alphabet 1 letter.

thats it job done. 1 hour max! I'm not being funny but how thick are the techs as the instructions are a in the box and they are one page long with easy to follow instructions?

gjg
September 5th, 2004, 07:38
thanks for the info, Jon.

My problem is that I do not have CD changer ... will check the boot for cables as this is my concern - wirring, setup is another story. I am not sure if I even have the wirring for CD changer in the car since I did not order it ...

btw instruction manual is in German, rest of the docs in different languange .... but, as you said, setup should be no brainer .. on Symphony radios Phatbox comes as "CDC" once powered up.

gg

jon
September 5th, 2004, 10:34
Ahh that confused me as in the UK the changer is standard so it's just a case of binning the changer and throwing the phatnoise in.

Where in the world r u anyway?

jon

gjg
September 5th, 2004, 11:16
you've got PM with details. On continental version CD changer was optional .........

jon
September 6th, 2004, 07:46
That means you will need to buy the cd changer cables and run them through as if you were fitting a cd changer from new.

gjg
September 6th, 2004, 09:51
I will order the cable from Phatbox - it would be faster ....... tthnx for your help