PDA

View Full Version : Here is my new audi A6

djinn
September 3rd, 2004, 17:30
I bought a 2004 a6 a week ago. It is a 1.9 tdi s-line...
Here are the pics.

Audihead
September 3rd, 2004, 17:35
Me looky, no findy. Where be the pics?:confused:

:s4addict: -Audihead

djinn
September 3rd, 2004, 17:49
coming up

djinn
September 3rd, 2004, 17:55
I tried but i couldn't attached the files because the files eare too big. I will try attach them to the gallery

djinn
September 3rd, 2004, 23:53
Sorry for the rough images.The ones that i take with the camera are too big. If you show me how to turn a big size image to small i can post more.
Here is the link...

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showmembers.php/cat/500/password/ (http://)

RS4Ever
September 4th, 2004, 07:15
congradulations man!
must be really happy.
wow 1.9 tdi they dont have that here in the states.

djinn
September 4th, 2004, 13:23
thanks rs4ever.
They don't sell it because the engine volume is too small. In turkey the price of petrol is so expensive that's why I chose the diesel. But it's going nice. It's going nice till 180 kmh, after that it gets slower. When you hit the gas it starts going really fast because of the high torque.

Erik
September 4th, 2004, 14:51
Here is the link ;)

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1013

RS4Ever
September 4th, 2004, 18:52
yes , understood.
originally i'm from israel and they have many tdi's from all sorts of car companies. I know what you mean when you say high gas prices... hehe.. it sucks big time.
in israel 1 liter = ~ $1
while here in Atlanta, Georgia the lowest i've seen might be around 1 gal. (around 4 liters) = $1.65
however, in israel the petrol is cleaner.. we get up to 98 and even sure 99 while here in the states the most at your local gas station is either a 91 or a 93.. cant remember for some reason.

i know what you mean about the torque..
i own a 1995 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 full time..
it has 5.2 liter V8
about 220 hp and about 250 torque (dont quote me on the torque). when i hit the pedal from 0 mph from a stand still it really has this burst of energy and yanks the car forward. which feels quite fast.. but then as you increase it "slows." when i'm on the US "autobahn" going about 70mph the car pedal is still QUITE responsive meaning that if i need to pass someone i dont have much of a lag- very little you could say.. which is ok compared to those that you have to kick for maybe 7 seconds or so.
its nice having the torque higher to deliver the hp easier.

but SOOON.... SOON i will not be complaining (not that i really am now) .. But SOon i will own a S4. I wanted to get the current one that is out.. but instead i'm waiting for the new facelifted one.

have fun in your new car.
peace
:incar:

djinn
September 6th, 2004, 16:33
thanks again rs4ever. I wish you have fun with your coming s4 too.:)

gjg
September 7th, 2004, 14:03
1.9 tdi they dont have that here in the states.

this is ideal engine for US commuting, longer the better. at steady speed of 115 km/h (70 mph) will take approx. 4.5 litre/100km - that's about 53 mpg ...... plenty of torque, 135 hp or so .....

congratulations djinn

djinn
September 7th, 2004, 14:59
Thank you gjg,
It's 130 hp and it has 310 nm of torque. It spends more than 4.5 liter but it never passes 6-7 liter if don't push the gas so much.

Audihead
September 7th, 2004, 15:57
Nice ride, Congrats!:thumb: :applause:

:s4addict: -Audihead

gjg
September 7th, 2004, 16:10
in our Euro office we have several cars with this (1.9 TDI) engine and average long term (city/highway) consumption is around 5.4 litre/100 km.

It is slightly better in Skoda Octavia than in Passat but in any case very economical. On the other hand with heavy foot you can easily get close to 8 l/100 on a trip ............ specially on bahn .. :brag:

jackal
September 8th, 2004, 19:22
U talk about the high gas prices... In Denmark the price is about 1,29 $ = 1 litre and on tue & thu the price is ~1$... It really sux to liv in Denmark unless you earn quiet a bit og money... :(

gjg
September 8th, 2004, 19:47
In Denmark the price is about 1,29 $

is that US $ or Euro? That is no bad, we're paying about $1.35 per liter of premium too .... only about 700 km south .... :eek: :eek: :eek: ..... still cheap comparing with car prices in your area ... :cry: .

it sucks anyway, about $110 per tank with about 20 l/100 km (about 240-250 miles per tank) or so and that is with limited bahn driving otherwise we're in different territory - wanna dance, gotta pay the music ....:applause:

Major problem is that the tank is too small - and I mean too small. I've contacted OCT (auxiliary tank listed on their website) - so far, in 4 months - did not get no answer at all .....

djinn
September 8th, 2004, 19:49
do you think it is expensive? In Turkey 1 liter=1.4 dolars. And i have a toyota landcrusier 4.7. :doh:

gjg
September 8th, 2004, 20:05
gasoline or diesel - I'm not familiar with engines they put in Oyota anymore ......

we have couple of Jeeps here (V8 and 4.0 liter 6 in line), most likely same shit when it comes to fuel .... need a tanker on hitch for any decent cruising range. Comparing with LR Defender with diesel that will get 3x range .... :eye:

djinn
September 9th, 2004, 14:51
My landcrusier is gasoline. In the city it goes like 350-400 km with one tank. But on the highway if don't do high speeds it can go 650 km with a tank

oswald
September 10th, 2004, 03:04
nice car, a little bit heavy for those 130 horses. go ahead and chip it, you could probably get it to around 370-390 Nm and 150-170HP which would make a HUGE difference.

RS4Ever
September 10th, 2004, 07:45
yeah, but that would give him different gas mileage.

djinn
September 10th, 2004, 19:11
Yeah I'm thinking about chipping it. However tuning firms haven't start to chip tuning in turkey yet. Abt has just came to Turkey and mtm is about to start chip tuning. First stages are generally about 165 hp. +35 hp. Not bad in my opinion.

bludnik
September 17th, 2004, 01:04
Originally posted by djinn
I bought a 2004 a6 a week ago. It is a 1.9 tdi s-line...
Here are the pics.

1.9 TDI ey? what kinds horsepower are you pulling from it? is it the 140hp one? that's actually a decent engine... i've only tried it in a VW Touran 2 seater and the pull from 2500rpm in 2nd is amazing... it's nothing i would expect from that kind of car... it's more G's than in my mates 400hp supra... much more...:wo:

the guy who owns the car, my bro in law, is going to tune it to 185hp with a Dahlbäck chip... that'll kick in a car designed to carry 7 people, where there is 2 people and no luggage in the back... :hahahehe:

oswald
September 17th, 2004, 01:20
Originally posted by RS4Ever
yeah, but that would give him different gas mileage.

Actually, a well-written ECU software can retain the same (diesel) fuel usage or even lower it. I've seen it many times and keep seing it again and again. The highest fuel usage increase i've seen was 0.5 liter/ 100km. Diesel engines (And particularly 1.9TDI Audi/VW engines) have a lot of power reserves.

I would be VERY VERY careful when buying some sort of "Tuning-box" or whatever plug-on-yourself module for the engine. Those modules can often increase fuel mileage, increase eshaust fumes and sometimes put the ECU into emergency mode. They do not modify engine parameters just "fool" the ECU that the fuel dose it too low and so the ECU tells injectors to fuel more. That is not healthy so stay away from it, go only for custom written software that will not void your warranty (the dealerships have no method of detecting software changes, a box is rather easy to detect) ;-)