PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate RS6 Vidéo......

Mr Balsen
September 2nd, 2004, 23:07
http://www.audipassion.com/univers_audi/actualites/2004/rs6_mtm_clubsport_580hp/rs6_mtm_clubsport_580hp.jpg

Be ready:

http://www.audipassion.com/univers_audi/actualites/2004/rs6_mtm_clubsport_580hp/index.php

Link to the right video is:

http://www.audipassion.com/services/videotheque/videos/amateurs/club_des_amateurs_audi/amateurs_rs6_mtm_club_sport_580_hp_fr.mpg

Cheers,
Frédéric

rs6_newyork
September 2nd, 2004, 23:55
Quite a video, damn, it is quick!

Surprising to see them document themselves breaking the law in germany though. 95% of those roads were two-way speed-limited and the french guy (is that you?) drove it like he stole it!

edit: the link is to a quicktime movie, the link on the webpage is to a bigger windows AVI, both are the same video.. despite RSQ being in the name of the wmv.

afterthoughts:
wonder how much that cute hood is :)

according to some engineering charts i saw, airflow to the corners of the car, where the fogs are, is miniscule... modifying them to be inlets is probably not helpful.

sturs6
September 3rd, 2004, 00:45
Wow wait no boo :cry: I downloaded the wrong video from the website. It said RS6 but it was actually the RSQ :nono: which was not to impressive but anyway. I am now downloading the correct one.

iconcls
September 3rd, 2004, 01:33
Nice to finally see a sane street vid, very nice indeed.

oswald
September 3rd, 2004, 02:19
that's some serious piece of equipment...... although after reading all of your problems with RS6's i'm seriously considering the caddy cts-v.... after it reaches the second or third year of production of course.....

Wang
September 3rd, 2004, 04:38
look forward to seeing hard numbers!:addict: :addict:

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2004, 07:54
Wang,

Hard numbers:

0-100 km/h: 4 sec
580hp
85 mkg of torque
1500 kilos

I don't know the VMax but tests at Nardo are scheduled in near futur.

Cheers,
Frederic

Erik
September 3rd, 2004, 08:42
Thanks Monsieur Balsen :dig: :burnout:

Wang
September 3rd, 2004, 09:03
track performance, no doubt!

M5 RUS
September 3rd, 2004, 09:20
Wow, that is fast...

I'd love to have RS6 with 6 manual...

gjg
September 3rd, 2004, 10:08
I'd love to have RS6 with 6 manual.........

so would at least half of this list ........ :doh: :doh: :doh:

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2004, 10:43
Or the whole list....

The car is so different and so much better with the 6 Speed Manual Gearbox.
Absolutely no comparison.

Cheers,
Frederic

Nordschleife
September 3rd, 2004, 11:28
But it only looks like an RS6.

Technically it is quite different from the Champion Audis, different engine block.......

R+C

rs6_newyork
September 3rd, 2004, 11:50
technically "quite different"? where does it say it has a different engine block? technically this seems like a stock RS6 but the champion audis don't, with their super flares.

ok maybe i'm not understanding something. The site, pictures and video, present the car as an RS6 with the rear seat stripped, +roll cage, doors and so on stripped of extra weight, extra hood cooling, and a manual gearbox with "v8 twin turbo" engine.

the weight savings comes from removing the luxo barge features of the stock car, and the excitement comes from the manual gearbox and extra power to weight ratio.. right?

Nordschleife
September 3rd, 2004, 12:07
At about 7 minutes into the vid, you can see one of Audi's new factory buildings in the background.

Around this area, new and development Audis seem cloaked with invisibility, the locals learn to look out for something really going for it. At no stage were the drivers more than 5 or 6 minutes away from an Audi facility.

R+C

Nordschleife
September 3rd, 2004, 12:15
Originally posted by rs6_newyork
technically "quite different"? where does it say it has a different engine block? technically this seems like a stock RS6 but the champion audis don't, with their super flares.

ok maybe i'm not understanding something.

Only somebody who has been told what to look for - part and casting numbers, position of starter motor, engine mounting blocks, gearbox-engine fitment, will know that it is NOT an RS6 block. The Champion car does have an RS6 block, but a horribly mangled mating of the gearbox to the block, which is not the best for a long untroubled life on the road.

Its best to judge cars by their internal mechanicals, rather than superficial features like flares, which eat into the top speed.

R+C

rs6_newyork
September 3rd, 2004, 14:07
so what engine block is it, if it isn't the twin turbo 4.2 v8 that came out of the car, and was pictured on the floor of the garage? is there another twin turbo v8 out there?

you've seen into the engine bay of this car?

7:53 RS6
September 3rd, 2004, 14:47
Someone Put the Beast out on the Green Hell(Nurburgring) fast.

Please:cry: :cry:

:wo:

Nordschleife
September 3rd, 2004, 15:00
Originally posted by rs6_newyork
so what engine block is it, if it isn't the twin turbo 4.2 v8 that came out of the car, and was pictured on the floor of the garage? is there another twin turbo v8 out there?

you've seen into the engine bay of this car?

You make too many assumptions.

There never was an engine in this car.

The car never existed, it was built from scratch.

MTM accessed the Audi parts bin and built the car to their own specification. They did not use an RS6 block, they used another 4.2 litre V8 block that would mate easily to the RS4 gearbox, which was also used in the S6 and A8 in Europe. To begin with a bare chassis arrived from Neckarsulm. There never was anything in the engine bay.

What you see on the floor of the garage is an assemblage of parts which when assembled makes an operative 4.2 litre V8 Bi-turbo engine. But its not an RS6 engine, its like one, but it isn't one.

Before this car runs in the 24 Hour race, expect to see a lot of the extra trim removed.

R+C

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2004, 15:36
There will be Nardo before any 24 hours race.

Cheers,
Frederic

Nordschleife
September 3rd, 2004, 15:54
Originally posted by Mr Balsen
There will be Nardo before any 24 hours race.

Cheers,
Frederic

Well done Fred, you are on the ball!

The next 24 Hour race at the Nuerburgring is in the summer next year, June/July time.

If you live in Europe north of the Alps, you choose to go to Nardo in the Winter, to get away from the aweful weather. The Bavarians are cunning like that.

However, nardo is not a race its a big boring yawn that generates TV and magazine stories. The only excitment comes when you need to stop the car being sucked onto the outside railing at 330 km/h. This has happened to people. If going for distance records, it gets very boring, you have more fun in a camera car or the helicopter.

So whilst Nardo is important its not interesting. Very early on a summer Sunday morning, you could drive the car from ingolstadt to Berlin and back before breakfast, and learn a lot more, but there is no 'story' in that, and measuring the actual top speed is difficult. Ingolstadt - Avus - Ingolstadt, a fast drive.

R+C

Erik
September 3rd, 2004, 15:59
Nordschleife,

Their RS4 hit 327 km/h.

How high do you think they'll get this time? :addict:

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2004, 16:04
We can guess....

I know Roland wants something impressive at Nardo ! ! !
The most impressive things from MTM at Nardo was the TT Bimoto. So just imagine.....

Cheers,
Frederic

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2004, 16:28
Forgot to mention the RS6 MTM ClubSport will have soon MTM Ceramic Brakes. The 380mm brakes discs and 8 pistons calipers seems very powerfull for me. May be not enough for Das Nurburgring ! ! !

Cheers,
Frederic

Erik
September 3rd, 2004, 16:41
Mr Balsen,

It's "der (dem) Nürburgring" ;) (had to)

I'd be very surprised if the MTM Clubsport exceeds 371 km/h.
The other times are very interesting, 0-200-300 etc.

We have recently discussed ceramic brakes. I'm sure they would improve times on any track, as long as I don't have to pay for the or live with them.

MTM Bimoto
0 - 100 3,6 sec
0 - 200 10,0 sec
0 - 300 23,2 sec
Top speed 371 km/h

MTM RS4 Avant

0 - 100 4,0 sec
0 - 200 12,4 sec
0 - 300 37,5 sec

MB E 55 2003

0 - 100 4,6 sec
0 - 200 14,9 sec
0 - 300 ??? :hihi:

:harass: E55 AMG

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=833

En tout cas, merci beaucoup! :asian:

Mr Balsen
September 3rd, 2004, 18:03
Not to mention the MTM RS4 was driven from Ingolstadt to Nardo before the high speed tests and then was driven back to Ingolstadt after the tests.

Sorry for being confusing as I don't imagine either the RS6 MTM ClubSport to be faster than the TT Bimoto. But something higher than 327 km/h will not surprise me.

Cheers,
Frederic

JaXx
September 4th, 2004, 13:22
Very nice video indeed ! But that steering wheel is damm ugly ! Why did they placed that one instead of the beautiful audi steering wheel ?
One hell of a car doh !

Dark Knight
September 4th, 2004, 18:55
sweet! car sounds amazing and really puts acceleration in perspective.

shame they didn't hit the magic 300 km/h.

September 9th, 2004, 18:52
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
Someone Put the Beast out on the Green Hell(Nurburgring) fast.

Please:cry: :cry:

:wo:
Yes some one heard my preyrs!!!!!!!!!!

MTM RS6 on the ring chasing Horst in CGT
This is copied from the english ring forum what i understand!
I have not checked it my self just copied from a swedish forum where i am!
"
Finally Horst went out... I got a video of him whizzing by us on the straight at close to 300kmh, sounded like a sonic boom! Anja Wasstertheurer had followed him in a MTM Audi RS6 biturbo for some reason (obviously not a camera car!) and she came by half a minute later. Horst parked the car and said, "7:37" Well that's not good enough, so he went out again, almost running into Anja's Audi on the way out!

Second lap, he came in and gave the word: "7:32.48!" Well that was good enough for the record! There was about a litre of sweat in the GT from Horst and he still had to go put the Aston through its paces!

Here's my full photo gallery of the day:

http://truedrezzer.fotopic.net/c281504.html

///Robin

Mr Balsen
September 9th, 2004, 21:43
Great news ! ! !

You don't have the lap time of the MTM Clubsport by any chance ?

Cheers,
Frederic

September 10th, 2004, 09:42
Not official, but as they said in text 30 sek after Horst in Carerra GT. MTM RS6 anyways looks wicked on the pit lane at the ring.

Cant wait to Horst is driving trafickfree laps on ring with Swedish M3 CSL Loaded!

Mr Balsen
September 10th, 2004, 18:23
RS6,

What do you mean by:

MTM RS6 anyways looks WICKED on the pit lane at the ring.

Cheers,
Frederic

September 10th, 2004, 18:58
RS6,

What do you mean by:

MTM RS6 anyways looks WICKED on the pit lane at the ring.

Cheers,
Frederic

That it looks super cool on the pictures on the ring before entering.
Fast and hungry in a way.
Becuse you asked,what did you think i ment?

Mr Balsen
September 10th, 2004, 20:13
Because I did not know this english word.

Cheers,
Frederic

September 10th, 2004, 20:47
Because I did not know this english word.

Cheers,
Frederic

Cool! I have the same problems. My english is far from flawless.

But hanging here makes me improv it i hope :D

gmbh6
September 24th, 2004, 15:25
speeding on two lane highways......:eye:

very dangerous to others :nono:

puke: i frown upon thee

September 24th, 2004, 19:33
Geee Moral speking againpuke:

gjg
September 24th, 2004, 22:30
Geee Moral speking again puke:

yep, some people appears to be holier-than-thou .......

:rolleyes:

September 26th, 2004, 21:38
Originally posted by gjg
yep, some people appears to be holier-than-thou .......

:rolleyes:

I guess so, cuse peopel commenting like that should never ever go over speeding limit!