PDA

View Full Version : Any RS6 owners getting a C6 Vette

nyrs6
September 2nd, 2004, 03:18
Well the new vettes are being sold as we speak. Any RS6 owners have an order or havr already have one?

sturs6
September 2nd, 2004, 03:30
Originally posted by nyrs6
Well the new vettes are being sold as we speak. Any RS6 owners have an order or havr already have one?

I am thinking about it...:confused: :confused: LeMans Blue

audirs6sport
September 2nd, 2004, 05:57
had a c5 vette zo6 in high school. i'm never buying anything domestic ever again. =(

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

sturs6
September 3rd, 2004, 02:26
Mine has arrived...:hihi:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13474
They delivered them to the house today.:hihi: :hihi:

JAXRS6
September 3rd, 2004, 02:30
Originally posted by audirs6sport
had a c5 vette zo6 in high school. i'm never buying anything domestic ever again.

What was the problem? Things breaking?

Bauer
September 3rd, 2004, 02:41
What was the problem?

It's a :harass: GM :D :D

Klint
September 3rd, 2004, 03:11
I'm glad they don't sell them here (officially)... :p

audirs6sport
September 3rd, 2004, 05:05
Originally posted by Bauer
It's a :harass: GM :D :D

lol

gjg
September 3rd, 2004, 05:33
Originally posted by Bauer
It's a GM :harass:

GM? Is that "Generic Motors"? :confused:

Aronis
September 4th, 2004, 21:54
I looked at a Vette before I got my RS6. I had actually not been even toying with RS6, but was looking for something to completement my A6 4.2 (thus winter car/family car) and bring back the fun of my 97 M3...

The Vette was too low, too small, too loud, too uncivilized, too cheapy looking inside, and basically useless on anything but perfectly smooth, dry roads.

In the REAL world there are POT Holes, wet roads, sand, 'shit in the road' and you RARELY if EVER see a corvette being driven hard on the road (perhaps on a track). I had 'raced' many in my M3, and they usually wimp out the first time they bottom out on a slight irregularity on the road....

Thus, Not for me...

Then I got the RS6 fever, and not turning back. When I go to a TWO Seater, it will be a MB convertible.

Mike

gregoryindiana
September 6th, 2004, 20:25
when the C6 version of the Z06 is available.

My brother manages a Chevy dealer.

RE: potholes; problem for lots of cars besides Vettes. The suspension option Z51 is probably best for the track; for real world driving with potholes, I think the F55 magnetic selective ride option is best. Touring setting will soak up small potholes better than most sports cars, and for good roads or track, you can set it to the performance setting. Not quite as crisp on turn in as the Z51 suspension, but an upgrade from stock, and better than most cars.