PDA

View Full Version : has anyone figured out if the rs6+ dvd based navigation system

audirs6sport
September 1st, 2004, 04:10
will work on the us rs6?

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
September 1st, 2004, 05:38
The old Nav+ system can be installed on an RS6. Folks on AW A6 forum have done this.
However, the new Nav+ with the MP3 capabilities and 6.5" screen seems to be a bit more difficult. Now that one would be so worth it.

Do a search on AW on the A6 forum, and I think you will find lots of info.
Send PM to TeddyBGame to get info on the person in the US that can get the unit for you with all required wiring.

Nordschleife
September 1st, 2004, 07:42
Technically it will work. A good installer will be required. I don't know what the situation is with the navigation Disks, but I think I have used them and was impressed how capable it was.

Be careful, I have seen some US installations of Navigation Plus systems, which technically work but the job is only half done.

There are a few Audi technicians who are well trained in the electronics area, Audi now has a large and expensive Electronic Competence Centre in Ingolstadt, I would try and have access to one of these guys to discuss the project with and then after installation to check everything out.

The whole system has to integrate, the DIS, the phone, TV, radio, GALA, RDS, (do you get traffic info anywhere in the US), telematics, mp3, CD changer, telematics......

R+C