PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Meeeeeeeeeeee

smehairbi
August 31st, 2004, 13:41
hello ...
guys i really need advice im stuck ....
my friend has an e55 and wants to race me and we agreed to race after i install a chip ... the thing is i have my money ready for the chip but i dont know what chip should i install .... what do u guys suggest. and i need figures u guys please...

nene
August 31st, 2004, 13:54
Here is some input.
Go talk to your friend and agree to a few different races. One without the chip, and one with the chip.
Without the chip you know you will lose, but you have no idea by how much. Race later once again with the chip, so you can tell the difference. That's my input on the race itself, assuming you are doing this on a safe and appropriate course.

On the chip, my opinion would be Abt, MTM, Hohenester, Dalhback, Sportec, or anything else. I'm sure they are all very comparable. Just see what tuner you can get locally. If you can get any of the above, including US based tuners, just go along the lines in which I ordered them.

As for numbers, I don't have any. On my S4, I remember the MTM had very good low end grunt. Really strong low end (rpm range on all gears). The Abt on a friends S4 had good mid-to-top end grunt. I have never used any of the other chips.

Good luck and most of all have fun. Don't forget to post back with your observations.

JAXRS6
August 31st, 2004, 17:06
I would add APR to nene's list, for reasons in my post on this thread:

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4968

In fact there are several threads here that should help; scroll down or use the search function.

As for data, you can get that from each tuner, which is to say it may not be as reliable as objective third-party tests (which don't exist for RS6 chips as far as I know).

Nene's advice to find someone locally makes sense. It doesn't matter much if everything goes well, but if there are problems or a dispute arises, I like to be dealing with someone who is close by -- especially when the product affected (e.g. my RS6) is worth a bundle.

nyrs6
August 31st, 2004, 18:35
I may be biased. But if i was racing an E55 i would definetly go for the OCT and if you get the tip chip and if you can pull a 12.4 you might have a chance. But from a roll he will kill you no matter what chip you have. You probably need downpipes to beat and E55

Erik
August 31st, 2004, 18:52
Read this!

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3983&highlight=autobahn

That car had Hohenester Stage 1, now it is upgraded to Hohenester Stage 3 incl. race cats etc. Have not driven the car since the upgrade.

I would go for Hohenester or MTM I guess.

Can you chip your car locally or would you send it to Germany?

nyrs6
August 31st, 2004, 20:38
Erik have you ever had a rematch with the E55 since it was upgraded to stage 3?

Aronis
August 31st, 2004, 20:57
Save the CHIP money...

Go directly to the original source of the chip to win for sure...

Buy a bag of potatoes...

Put one in each exhaust of the E55.

Then race him, you'll win.

LOL

Mike

nene
August 31st, 2004, 21:03
Aronis...That is so mean...but got me laughing!!!

keo
September 1st, 2004, 03:43
Interesting subject since that one of the reason I buy my rs6. I have a friend who has an e55 and i drive the car several time knowing that it is a great car with tremendous torque. Than I got to test drive the rs6. After test drive the rs6, I know there is no comparison to e55 especially from standing still start. But put the power beside there is no other thing e55 can compete to this rs6. It just that character totally stand out by itself.......anyway, I just love the look of this rs6....so I bought it...right away...race with my friend's e55 several time...from standing start..rs6 just does not response quick enough as to e55. I can keep up with him but just cannot pass him. So I have MTM stage II upgrade (508bhp) right away you felt the different. Now it is a matter of time how driver response to the throttle first. My friend (e55)ask me by changing a exhaust make that much a different. Obviously he did not know a upgrade chip is the mean reason. Now the car is in Stage III 535bph. I will update the result when I get the chance to race him again.....:rs6kiss:

M5 RUS
September 1st, 2004, 07:16
I'd go with MTM or ABT....

Sorry but E55 is FAASTER...you will need more then a chip to get him...Although in 1/4 lets hope he swithches off his traction control and ...then you switch of you traction and launch at 3000Rpms, he spins his wheels hard while you pass him:dance:

7:53 RS6
September 1st, 2004, 08:32
I think electronics in RS6 wont alow you to go over 2000rpm when launching it

M5 RUS
September 1st, 2004, 11:36
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6

Are you sure:confused: then He would loose...

From my experince I was dead even with stock RS6 rolling start from 2nd...after 4th over 160km/h I would start to pull slowly...

My M5 has Short Shift, No Cats, X-pipe and Exhausts...a freind of mine beat RS6 in 1/4 mile, he just have not Cats...

Do Chip Tiptronic as well...Race him and tell us how it went...

Good Luck

:incar:

iconcls
September 1st, 2004, 12:26
Originally posted by M5 RUS
I'd go with MTM or ABT....

After viewing your derelict M5 v. RS4 street race--watch if you want to see how much of a tool this guy is (http://members.home.nl/nica23/P1010001.MOV)--I wouldn't trust your judgement on anything!

Erik
September 1st, 2004, 13:40
If you like to discuss street racing, please do so in another thread.

Thanks.

M5 RUS
September 1st, 2004, 14:34
Originally posted by iconcls
After viewing your derelict M5 v. RS4 street race--watch if you want to see how much of a tool this guy is (http://members.home.nl/nica23/P1010001.MOV)--I wouldn't trust your judgement on anything!

I dont need your trust...and what does this video shows??? No moral please...how does that make me a .....I drive how I want and can...

What is wrong with just sharing my real life experinces with you guys...I am a car enthusiast and I admire RS6 and E55...and I now a lot about cars...

Either of those cars will be my next driving machine...

P.S. you may want to consider Wetteraur (dont know how to spell it correctly) Chip for RS6...threy quote 525HPs...they are well known Chiptuners Worldwide...

http://www.chip-tuning.com/

Aronis
September 1st, 2004, 15:08
Hey M5 RUS,

No Cat's....

Does your car still pass inspection for polution emissions?????

Mike

Nordschleife
September 1st, 2004, 15:21
Originally posted by Aronis
Hey M5 RUS,

No Cat's....

Does your car still pass inspection for polution emissions?????

Mike

That's a joke, look where the guy is from. Its not like anybody cares!

R+C

Aronis
September 1st, 2004, 16:06
Originally posted by Nordschleife
That's a joke, look where the guy is from. Its not like anybody cares!

R+C

his bio does not say where he is from.

Erik
September 1st, 2004, 16:33
M5 RUS = Russia :deal:

nyrs6
September 1st, 2004, 18:05
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
Thats why when he upgrades he should also put a tip chip. The tip chip alows you to brake torque at 2500 rpm and it holds unlike stock.

Erik
September 1st, 2004, 18:06
Originally posted by nyrs6
The tip chip alows you to brake torque at 2500 rpm and it holds unlike stock.

I agree the tip chip should always be changed as well.

But :nono: all tip chips do not allow revs over 2k on the brakes.

nyrs6
September 1st, 2004, 20:08
OCT Does i am not shure about thers though.

Also there is a reason the limter is there.

Erik
September 1st, 2004, 20:16
Originally posted by nyrs6
Also there is a reason the limter is there.

Very true.

JAXRS6
September 1st, 2004, 20:43
M5 RUS, I think the criticism of the video stems from two things:

1. Since both vehicles had to wind in and out of moderate to heavy traffic, subjecting themselves to the whims of ramdom vehicles, the "race" really proved nothing. One of the two racers being blocked by a single vehicle could make a lot more difference in the outcome than any differences in vehicle performance.

2. Since the traffic WAS moderate to heavy, the racing was dangerous and likely would be condemned by many members here.

Erik
September 1st, 2004, 22:07
Closed :eye:

If you want to discuss the video, there's another thread in the RS4 section.

If you want to discuss chipping, please start a new thread.