PDA

View Full Version : When is New RS4 due to come out?

Julian Yang
August 31st, 2004, 12:13
I'm still waiting for them to rolling out of the mill,,,,,

Does anyone has any information on New RS4, any pictures? specs? year to debut? I am very curious^^:s4addict:

Erik
August 31st, 2004, 12:23
The new A4 is about to be released
Then the new S4
Then the RS4...

Julian Yang
August 31st, 2004, 15:14
This is the new RS4 spy photo I have , and it says it will be tested end of this year and hopely will come out to the show room sometime in next year,,,believe it or not.

:trash:

latest front grill will be apply to the new RS4 I think.

Julian Yang
August 31st, 2004, 15:16
enjoy..:rs4kiss:

Julian Yang
August 31st, 2004, 15:38
this is spy vid ...testing on Nurburgring.

<embed src="http://movies.autoexpress.co.uk/audi_supersaloons.mov" width="500" height="400">

Erik
August 31st, 2004, 16:59
The only problem with those pics is they're very old.

Nothing new for a long time. :(

nyrs6
August 31st, 2004, 21:48
i think that looks like the A4 ultrasport package. i dont think thats a RS4

Audihead
August 31st, 2004, 22:22
Originally posted by nyrs6
i think that looks like the A4 ultrasport package.

Yes, the front end that should have been on the B6 S4, damn it. Sorry it just makes me mad.

:w:

:s4addict: -Audihead

Inline Six
September 2nd, 2004, 14:27
Those pics are from long long ago. And I do think it's the A4 ultrasport package. Because the car/kit was released just a few months after those pics were first seen.

My take on this: either Audi has done an extremely good security job or there is not such thing as B6 RS4 -- we have yet to see something that could be it... One more thought: the new RS4 will be based on the facelifted B6

Audihead
September 2nd, 2004, 16:42
Inline Six, might you be a fellow BMW fan?

Inline Six
September 2nd, 2004, 23:24
Originally posted by Audihead
Inline Six, might you be a fellow BMW fan?

When it comes to RS I'm a big fan too. I might be a BMW guru but deep down inside my heart I like Audi's secretly... Used to have a TT 225 6-spd coupe:ttaddict: One of the best designs from the last 10 years. Too bad they wouldn't drop the 2.7 TT and a 6-spd in there...

Audihead
September 3rd, 2004, 18:49
Originally posted by Inline Six
When it comes to RS I'm a big fan too. I might be a BMW guru but deep down inside my heart I like Audi's secretly... Used to have a TT 225 6-spd coupe:ttaddict: One of the best designs from the last 10 years. Too bad they wouldn't drop the 2.7 TT and a 6-spd in there...

I was a BMW fan too. Had a 2001 Z3 3.0i Coupe. Fun car. Had to give it back, not worth it to buy it off lease. Then the Bungle Boys had their way with the designs. Now i am a ture Audi convert. Let's hope the boys from Ingolstadt don't screw it up. The TT is a sweet ride. I think the next generation should be even better, can't wait to see.

tailpipe
September 8th, 2004, 13:03
A moderator of Audi-Sport.net and BM3W.co.uk has reported that the Audi RS6 racing team has announced that it will be switching to the new RS4 platform for 2006. This suggests a 2005 launch for the new RS4 confirming previous rumours that it will debut at the March 2005 Geneva motorshow.

The revised S4 model which was unveiled on Monday of this week provides clear visual clues about how the new RS4 will look. You can read elsewhere on this website what the technical spec is likely to consist of. The only confirmed detail is that it will have a naturally aspirated engine. It seems that this will be a more powerful version of the existing 4.2 V-8 generating about 400-420 BHP. There has also been rumour of the a new FSI 4.2 V-8 engine, but this engine may first appear in the A6.

Finnus
September 9th, 2004, 14:11
I would expect that he new RS4 will have the new larger grill ...

Audihead
September 9th, 2004, 19:47
One question, Will it make it to the U.S.? Please tell me it will.

Julian Yang
September 10th, 2004, 02:57
I'm considering buying an RS6 + , Cause my new S4 was taken by my brother who is AUDI maniac:s4addict:
However If the New RS4 which will probably come out in 2005 is being planned to launch in sometime in 2005, I definetely will get it:rs4addict
I was thinking about buying New M5(507hp) , but It is still hard for me to swallow those funky design inside and out.
I hope AUDI will do some serious work for the Next generation RS6 performancewise^^
I hope next generation RS6 will have front 40 : rear 60 quattro power distribution system( I might call it wrong^^) which contributes minimise to understeer and at least 510 to 550 hp to kick out New M5 AND AMG E55 and other New 911s ^^ on the straight road.^^

tailpipe
September 10th, 2004, 12:35
Go for new RS4.

RS6 plus will depreciate fast when new A6 Avant arrives in March 2005. (New RS6 isn't due until 2006.)

New RS4 will certainly have new grille and deeper front air dams as per test mule shown above. B7 chassis likely to be considerably better in terms of steering and ride quality than RS6 or B6 S4.

The new BMW M5 will be an awesome car. There should be no doubt about this. But there are questions. It will only be available with an SMG auto shift. SMG in M3 is not to my liking because changes are not as seamless as BMW claims. I should know, I have driven both manual and SMG and decided to purchase M3 manual.

Secondly, rear drive high performance machines can be tricky in winter road conditions. RS4 will be an all weather supercar.

Thirdly, BMW build quality has really slipped in the last 5 years. So you need to be careful in this area too.

Until the next RS6 comes along, the new RS4 will be Audi's flagship high performance model. I expect great things of it. It will be a great machine.

I've already ordered mine.

Finnus
September 10th, 2004, 14:18
I've already ordered mine

Does Audi have an estimated production/delivery date?

Finnus
:addict:

tailpipe
September 10th, 2004, 14:34
No official production delivery dates, but expect April production start with European (excl. UK) deliveries commencing in May/ June. Expect UK delivery in September/ October.

:wo: :wo: :wo:

Audihead
September 10th, 2004, 20:14
So no word on the U.S.?

Julian Yang
September 11th, 2004, 03:41
If they take an order for NEW RS4, I would definetely deposite and wait until next year to get delivery^^.It would be very exciting to wait for such an nice little Monster.

Thanks, Tailpipe:p for an new information about NEW RS4^^

Anyway, I fly over to Germany to bring my 360 CS schwartz to home this month, and I would like to visit AUDI dealer to see AUDI plus and others for fun.....