PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Avant vs. RS6 Plus vs. E55T on the racetrack today

Erik
August 28th, 2004, 17:29
I just got a call from "8:29 RS6" as he was heading back from an event at Anderstorp Raceway arranged by Auto Motor Sport.

He, in his stock RS6 :incar: , was faster than Fredrik Ekblom (Audi STCC Driver) in the RS6 Plus. :race:
(The same Plus we drove earlier this week btw, nr 114/999.)

Mr. Ekstrom said it was ok to quote him on that.

I wish I could have been there with a video cam mounted...

The E55T didn't have a chance, too soft for the track. :boring:

:addict:

(edited the name)

7:53 RS6
August 28th, 2004, 21:25
Originally posted by Erik
I just got a call from "8:29 RS6" as he was heading back from an event at Anderstorp Raceway arranged by Auto Motor Sport.

He, in his stock RS6 :incar: , was faster than Mattias Ekstrom (Audi DTM driver in the lead) in the RS6 Plus. :race:
(The same Plus we drove earlier this week btw, nr 114/999.)

Mr. Ekstrom said it was ok to quote him on that.

I wish I could have been there with a video cam mounted...

The E55T didn't have a chance, too soft for the track. :boring:

:addict:

Well we where driving more or less in the same pace, but he said that i was pulling slightly away and gaining some times
and i could quot. I was Absolutly not leaving him behind.

Note that + had no tiers left in front.
We drove many laps he in front then me in front. He was super nice as a person. He also let me sit in when he was whiping the + and E55 T.
Also Ted Björk STCC whiped my car whit me in and Richard Göransson STCC leader whas whiping all sorts of cars new x5 4,8 a compressor charged CSL whit i think ca 450 hp and the biggest MOVIT kit on.
Anderstorp is by the way just over 4km long and the only track in Sweden where driven Furmula 1(Ronni Petersson)

I also drove the + and on track you dosent relly feel the extra hp but the droped chassi i love. I also discoverd one relly intresting differens on + and RS6.

Its the extra coling on + that makes + sportyer then my stock RS6.
+ can take more beating(hard driving) before it go to limp mode. When i get over 120c in oil temp the car get limp as said here before. Well the + takes much longer to get limp(over 120c).
And becuse of that its sportyer than my stock RS6.

Thats also the biggest reason for me to by a + and not the 30 hp or tourq diffrens.
Tanks to Auto motor and sport for a super event.
And thanks Mattias E and Ted B for all great advice you guys gave me. And for you was brave sitting in when i drove:D :D :race:

bilbozilla
August 28th, 2004, 22:16
Nice writeup, 8:29.

It has always bothered me that the RS6 runs so hot. It's nice to hear they fixed it on their next revision. Now if they can only get their outside temperature thermometer to read correctly.

Small complaints aside, I love the RS6 as a daily driver.

iconcls
August 29th, 2004, 00:41
US is considered a "hot climate;" therefore, I wonder if the +'s extra cooling is standard equipment on federalized RS 6's. I ask because my car doesn't go into limp mode until ~275F or ~135C.

8:29 shame on you for no video, you're on rs6.com probation. ;)

keo
August 29th, 2004, 02:54
Great post always a great subject to look at and learn, thanks....:thumb:

Nordschleife
August 29th, 2004, 07:32
Originally posted by iconcls
US is considered a "hot climate;" therefore, I wonder if the +'s extra cooling is standard equipment on federalized RS 6's. I ask because my car doesn't go into limp mode until ~275F or ~135C.

As has been said before - the additional cooling equipment was not installed on US cars as the dollar had tanked, and remains depressed against the euro, it was too expensive to put on a car which was costing Audi money to sell in the US.

R+C

nene
August 29th, 2004, 16:09
Nords is entirely correct that the cooling that came on US bound cars is the same as any other non-plus RS6.

I was not aware that the RS6s sold in the US were costing Audi money. This is an interesting point, as this affects directly on whether Audi brings other RS cars to the US. Since they want to keep the cars competitively priced, it might mean taking little to no profits. As such, they might change their mind once again about ever bringing out RS vehicles state side.

Glad I got mine when I had the chance.

nyrs6
August 29th, 2004, 18:40
the service manager told us that it cost over $100,000 to make the RS6.

nyrs6
August 29th, 2004, 18:44
Originally posted by nene
Nords is entirely correct that the cooling that came on US bound cars is the same as any other non-plus RS6.

I was not aware that the RS6s sold in the US were costing Audi money. This is an interesting point, as this affects directly on whether Audi brings other RS cars to the US. Since they want to keep the cars competitively priced, it might mean taking little to no profits. As such, they might change their mind once again about ever bringing out RS vehicles state side.

Glad I got mine when I had the chance.

i am afraid of the same thing i hope they bring more RS cars. Also thats the whole reason they didnt bring over the RS4.

August 30th, 2004, 07:27
EEEEEEEhhhhhhh sorry i ment of course that i drov whit Fredrik Ekblom STCC:blush: :blush: Mattias E was ment to come but dident show up.

August 30th, 2004, 23:33
Thanks guys that you liked it.

I have a video but mostly from the pits on cars and so. And some of a few cars passing on track. But i guess its not much to see.