PDA

View Full Version : Fan noise in dash???

Ted
August 28th, 2004, 15:19
Hi all,

I just got a new RS6 and I'm new to this forum. Last night I noticed some kind of wierd fan-type noise coming from the right passenger side dash area. It sounded like it was kind of catching on something. It's not very loud but I can't figure out what it is. It almost sounds like a miss spining disc in a CD player however I turned off the stereo and the AC and it was still there. Actually the sound appears to be right of the stereo area. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the great forum.

Ted.

Erik
August 28th, 2004, 15:23
Welcome to RS6.com.

Hehe :hihi: In fact this is one of the questions to be included in the FAQ.

It would be the fan behind the Navi Screen that you hear.

The search function will help you with a lot of information. The "database" is quite large nowadays.

Ted
August 28th, 2004, 15:29
Hi Erik,

It sounds like it's on the other side of the dash though. What do you do about it? I guess it sounds like it's a common problem. Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks,
Ted.

Wang
August 30th, 2004, 05:45
I've got it too, only when A/C compressor is switched on. If you increase fan speed to more than 3 bars, the noise goes away. I truly believe that its in the design (so much stuff crammed into so little space) and nothing to worry about, only makes noise when A/C is run at near minimum fan setting and with passenger facing setting on. :p

nene
August 30th, 2004, 15:16
Is this the same fan noise that has plagued the B5 S4? There is a little opening in the center console right above the ashtray. If you put your ear to it, can you hear the noise? Is this the location it's coming from? If so, it's an easy fix. You can go to the dealership if you wish, but you can do it yourself if you are so inclined.

7:53 RS6
August 30th, 2004, 16:06
Originally posted by Ted
Hi all,

I just got a new RS6 and I'm new to this forum. Last night I noticed some kind of wierd fan-type noise coming from the right passenger side dash area. It sounded like it was kind of catching on something. It's not very loud but I can't figure out what it is. It almost sounds like a miss spining disc in a CD player however I turned off the stereo and the AC and it was still there. Actually the sound appears to be right of the stereo area. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the great forum.

Ted.

I got the exaxt same on mine. Relly hate it. Tell me if you fix it please