PDA

View Full Version : Is this true about Audi?

RS4Ever
August 27th, 2004, 07:22
:confused: Is this true about the s4... or is this guy just trying to make some sales???

http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3272&categoryId=10

because im actually in the waiting situation... waiting for the facelifted s4

:vhmmm:

Nordschleife
August 27th, 2004, 09:27
Watch what happens in Paris.
Audi wants to rain on BMW's parade, there is a new 3 Series on the way.
Rely on AOA to make their customers feel short changed.
R+C

RS4Ever
August 27th, 2004, 09:54
I'm sorry, i want to know/understand more... what is AOA?
also, thanks for the cheer-up but is what we have now accurate info.. is there going to be a 2006 S4 in around April in 2005? (US)

Erik
August 27th, 2004, 11:15
I'm in the market for a "Golf" class car, perhaps an A4 or even the old A6. But I have some time before I have to chose.

Having looked at the new A3 Sportsback I've found some really nice options that probably can predict some of the future.

Like the engines, 2.0 Turbo for instance with 200 hp.
And the glass roof :thumb:

I would not buy an A4 before the facelift, no chance.

Nordschleife
August 27th, 2004, 12:24
Originally posted by RS4Ever
I'm sorry, i want to know/understand more... what is AOA?

AOA = Audi Of America, a subsidiary of Audi AG, Len Hunt was formerly the VP

The revised A4 will be exhibited at the Paris Salon. A reasonable guess would be that the revised A4 will arrive in the US market just before the new BMW 3 Series. The S4 is unlikely to be delayed by much, its basically an A4 Quattro.

RS4Ever
August 27th, 2004, 23:12

tailpipe
August 29th, 2004, 15:55
RS4ever,

Having ordered a UK-spec RS4 from a UK dealer and having also spoken directly to Audi UK about the arrival of this car, I have been told that the RS4 will first be seen at the next Geneva show in March 2005 and be available in the UK shortly afterwards. For this reason, I doubt whether the revised S4 will be far behind the revised A4. I think your US dealer is simply trying to move old stock. So hang tough and wait for the revised A4. it will be worth the wait.

nene
August 29th, 2004, 17:03
It sounds to me like a little too much BS.
Even the RS6 for example, which was truly a more limited production car, did not see the prices go up as the stock diminished. In fact, it seems that there were incentives added to move the remainder of the cars.

One could argue that the price range on these vehicles is entirely different, but keep in mind that the S4 is still a high priced vehicle.

I think you are being taken if you go along with that story. Stick to your guns.

One a side note, if this is the kind of sales tactics this dealership is employing, I'd recommend you steer away from such places. Imagine what they will do when you try to get your car serviced. Sometimes you have to see the warning signs between the lines!!!

Good luck.

RS4Ever
August 29th, 2004, 20:49
good info guys. thanks.

i'm definately waiting. and so is my brother.
I'm looking to get the S4 sedan while my brother the S4 cabrio.

yeah, that is one nasty stealership with cruel tactics.

anyways, has anyone checked out these pics of the A4?

http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3267&categoryId=12

check out the comments at the bottom of the page.

personally, i dont understand how a crowd can determine if a car is ugly just by looking at those pics. the guy who took the pics says that the car looks like a chevrolet malibu... i still think you cant really tell.
but what do yyou guys think?