PDA

View Full Version : Which tuner would you go for ecu chipping/reflashing???

audirs6sport
August 27th, 2004, 04:03
Please post the reasons. :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
August 27th, 2004, 04:13
1. Abt
2. MTM
3. GIAC
4. Dahlback (distant 4th)
5. Sportec

Hy Octane
August 27th, 2004, 05:32
Is Hoppen MTM?

audirs6sport
August 27th, 2004, 08:15
yes it is.

Matteus
August 27th, 2004, 10:28
my n° 1 would be hohenester.
second MTM.

matteus

gjg
August 27th, 2004, 10:53
revo still in business for rs6 ... ?

Erik
August 27th, 2004, 10:55
1) Hohenester, but you can't get it in the States as far as I know.

2) MTM

3) Sportec

I have contacted Hoppen in the USA for information but there was no reply. People say they're really customer orientated, but their webpage needs to shape up. :boring: They are more than welcome to sponsor this board ;)

iconcls
August 27th, 2004, 14:58
Originally posted by Erik
People say they're really customer orientated

Some people say they're the best and some people say they're the worst, go figure.

nyrs6
August 27th, 2004, 15:09
OCT then MTM and maybe APR

avdh
August 27th, 2004, 17:42
Originally posted by gjg
revo still in business for rs6 ... ?

No, not right now, but they are working on a new software which would solve the "problems"

I hope theu do, as apart from local who buy software from overseas, Revo and APR are the only two "international" companies who are properly represented in South Africa.

Also Revo, has the right stuff to deal with our local crappy fuel.

Bauer
August 27th, 2004, 17:54
1. MTM for experience and quality....but since Hoppen is the only why to get them here in the states...I wouldn't go that route. My expreience with Hoppen has been less than fantastic....as far as cutomer service is concerned, and being on the other side of the country, service would be very important.

2 (tie for me) GIAC/OCT

GIAC becasue they are in CA and my friend knows Garrett which would ensure service. Plus everyone I have talked with about Garrett has had nothing but positive things to say. They also tune the car to CA's crappy 91 octane with CA gas. MTM is the only other, to my understanding the uses actual CA gas to tune cars. Everyone else blends the gas, which is less then Ideal.

OCT because I believe they have a good product and the two people I have talked with (Bob @ Stratmosphere and Brian @ Speed technik) have been responsive and helpfull.

audirs6sport- if I were in your shoes I would use Garrett, very local to you and and can solve any problems at his shop.

Cheers,

highrustler
August 27th, 2004, 18:25
1. Sportec

Reason: Hands on tune by Sportec engineers, not just a soldered in chip or reflash. They have hundreds of RS6's on the road in Europe.

Though not always possible, it’s also a great idea to use a tuner that has local representation in your area. I have a Sportec tuner near by and have been thoroughly impressed with the car’s improved performance.

steve
August 27th, 2004, 18:30
-MTM - quality and experience
-Hohenester - also very professional tuner imo

Bauer
August 27th, 2004, 18:44
1. Sportec

Forgot about them....I don't have any personal experience, but have heard good things from many people. Also, I believe they are reprsented fairly well in SoCal.

JAXRS6
August 27th, 2004, 18:47
1. APR, mainly because I had 31K and 16K trouble free miles with APR on my 2000 S4 and 1998 A4 1.8T, respectively. Also because I like having the stock program and valet program, for those rare occasions when I might turn my baby over to someone else. APR includes a tip chip for the RS6 as well as programs for race fuel and anti-theft. They also offer free upgrades if they improve their chip, and they have enough distributors/installers to make me more comfortable when I'm on the road.

2. MTM, because I've been impressed with their product & reputation, and because Hoppen Motorsports is less than an hour from my Florida home. Also was impressed by pitches from Joe Hoppen and Michael Hoppen, altho I think it might be a stretch to assume that MTM will forever benefit from having beers with Audi engineers.

3. OC.T because of the reputation it has built on this site. However, I would need to drive about 1500 miles round trip to get OC.T -- not likely, and I don't do ECM swaps myself. Also would need to find out more about OC.T fallability and reliability over the long term.