PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice Please

Bauer
August 25th, 2004, 01:33
A little OT, but here is the deal....I am nervous about using my RS6 for continued track use, for obvious reasons (atleast in my case). My car is leased and I have had some problems with it to the point there is no way in hell I am going to modify it. I do however want something I can toss around a track and not worry about it too much. I do want an Audi, as I am, after all a bit of a freak. I have considered an elise but don't really want to wait a year or two (Icon:D ). I also don't really want to go over 30k to 35k for the thing.

What I have found is a 2001 S4 with 25k miles on it. The car was purchased to be a test car for a German Auto tuning shop which was purchased with 22k miles on it. The car was driven by the owner who was not the owner of the shop or the tech for about 2k miles before all of the work was done on it. The car has been driven about 700 miles after all of the upgrades were completed.

The story goes, the car was supposed to get breaks and suspension but the partnership of the shop went south and the owner got the car back with the engine and driveline modifications done and working perfectly. The owner of the car knows the tech and has assured me the car has been properly shaken out for any problems with the modifcations.

I have talked with my friend and mechanic about the car and he says it sounds like a good deal and to check it out.

Here is what has been done.

1. Two innovative turbos (pretty expensive and nice stuff)
2. Custon down pipes and exhaust (owner says it very nice and the sound is amazing)
3. RS4 intercoolers
4. RS4 clutch with aluminum flywheel
5. Forge blow off valve
6. Specially modified intake pipes
7. Specially modified MAF w/cone filter housed in factory housing
8. Bigger fuel injectors
9. Larger custom made oil cooler
10. AWE snob mount
11. GIAC custom software

He also says he has all of the original parts minus the exhaust that he will give me. I figure there is between 10k and 12k in parts and about 5k to 6k in labor in the car. He is asking Kelly Blue Book of 28k

To get track ready I would need about another 5k to 7k in breaks and suspension when all is said and done.

Oh, and car was dyno'd @ 350 wheel hp which means it probably putting out 440hp to 460hp @ the crank given a 20% to 25% driveline loss.

thoughts????

eph94
August 25th, 2004, 01:49
Track junkies tell me I should prioritize my mods in the following manner:

1) Make it stop.
2) Make it turn.
3) THEN make it go.

It sounds like that car is going to blast down the straights, so you're going to need equally impressive brakes and suspension components to manage the speed... maybe more than an additional $7000 worth, which brings your price tag north of $35,000. That being said, it sounds like it would be a sweet track machine when all is said and done. If I knew what I knew now about my track addiction, I probably would have skipped the RS6 and gone the route you're thinking. Go for it!

Bauer
August 25th, 2004, 02:01
Ahhhh, another "rational" track junkie to make me feel better about a poor use of money:D :D .

But I do feel with the breaks and suspension done the car should be awsome. I called Stasis yesterday and got prices on their break and suspension set ups and it would be about 7k installed. I would probably......if I feel like "expanding" the budget a bit go for the center and rear diff change out to help with the balace of the car. I would have to throw another 2500 or so at it. Going to look at it on Sunday.

Cheers,:incar:

SpinEcho
August 25th, 2004, 03:04
Three points:

Do you really want an Audi as a track toy? I know we're all Audi enthusiasts here, but pretty well all VAG vehicles are too front biased to form an ideal starting point for a track car, never mind the mods.

If you are going to mod a used car, get a well-maintained car in OEM condition, preferably driven by someone who used it to pose more than to perform. Don't buy someone else's modified car.

As JJV-MA hinted above, avoid the temptation to go for the most powerful, most highly modded car as your track toy. Unless of course you are highly experienced at the track and know exactly what you want in your track car...

Just my friendly 2 cents' worth ....

JAXRS6
August 25th, 2004, 16:31
SpinEcho makes some very good points, and I would add that I was sad to see my 2000 S4 sold Monday @ 48K miles.

If the car you seek will be your daily driver and a track car, an S4 might work. There are better track cars, but most aren't as good as daily drivers ... better daily drivers that aren't as good at the track, etc. And if you want AWD, there's not much choice anyway. For track use, the S4 should be better than your RS6.

My only mod was an APR chip, but I probably would have left it in stock mode if I had tracked the car -- because my brakes and suspension were stock. The chip mode was handy for passing situations, however.

On the car you write about, I would be careful about special turbos. They may last, but what if they don't? Turbo failure with aggressive chipped driving is one of the most frequent topics on AW's B5 S4 forum. On the other hand, my APR chip served me well for 31,000 miles and the buyer didn't seem bothered by it. Most of my driving was mild, but I did make about ten trips to the drag strip. Brakes, clutch, turbos -- everything held up fine.

My only track experience was in my prior 1998 A4 1.8T, again chipped with APR for 200 hp. It served well as both a daily driver and a track car, tho not with the performance you're seeking. I never tracked my S4 but I'm guessing it would be faster except where the additional engine weight over the 1.8T might hurt. But it certainly will feel lighter than the RS6 -- because it is!

Here's my parting shot at my 6 spd black beauty. I'm "jatwrite" there -- started the thread & added more later under "I agree":

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/1741899.phtml

I hope no one accuses me of blasphemy for what I wrote in the link. My purpose was to praise the S4, not put down the RS6, which, after all, is the car I kept -- and called "world class.":thumb:

If it's a "track-only" car that you seek, the suggestion below for an Elise might work. But you should know that during a driver's school I visited at Sebring, the two modded S4 participants regularly left the Elise behind.

bilbozilla
August 25th, 2004, 17:19
Bauer- Could you stretch just a little and get an Elise?

Bauer
August 25th, 2004, 18:02
Do you really want an Audi as a track toy

At this point yes, why not? If Audi can race the cars and win...why can't I have some fun on the track? I know the balance of the car may not be the best but with some suspension and diff work it can be vastly improved. See European cars S4 shoot out about the Achtuning's Stasis prepared car.

http://toasthost.com/achtuning/gallery/album14/S4_Shootout_P14?full=1

Seems like they thought the car was pretty balanced.

get a well-maintained car in OEM condition, preferably driven by someone who used it to pose more than to perform

I hear what you are saying and I normally agree with it. However, if you read my post, the car has about 700 miles on AFTER the modifications were done and before that was a car driven by an excutive for about 22k miles (stock). Which to me means the car has not be beat on for 25k with all the modifications. I figured I could save about 10k to 16k in engine and driveline mods by buying the very slightly used car. Which would put me ahead of the game with regards to preping the car.

I have looked at other stock cars for anywhere between 18k for very high mile car to 31k for a very low mile car.. I figured this was the best of both worlds...low miles and very fresh modifcations.

avoid the temptation to go for the most powerful, most highly modded car as your track toy

As I stated before, I would not take the car on the track or push it until the brakes and suspension exceeded the engines capabilities. Anyone who plows money into a motor without thought to suspension and brakes is very foolish.

Unless of course you are highly experienced at the track and know exactly what you want in your track car...

I would not call myself "highly experienced", however, I am currently driving a 4200lb 450hp car around tracks with no issues:D :D and loving every minute of it.

All of your points are well taken and I do appreciate you taking the time to respond. I have spent a bit of time researching and thinking about this and more information is always better.

Turbo failure with aggressive chipped driving is one of the most frequent topics on AW's B5 S4 forum

Jack-

I have been spending a lot of time over there reading some of the history on the B5 S cars. I am aware that there may be issues but from what I have read the KO3's are where most of the problems have occured. There was also a problem with some of the earlier S4's having small oil feed lines to the turbo's which would gum up and then blow the turbos. Nonetheless, there is always potential for problems.

Thanks for the input.

Bilbozilla-

I have seriously considered this option and I still am. The wait and having to deal with the purchase of another new car really does not appeal to me. I typically can't stand the new car buying experience.

What I also considered, is getting the S4 and keeping it for a year or two and then when there is a used supply of Elise's move over to one. The funny thing is, I have got my wife so into Audi's that she looks at the Elise and say's"you want that:confused: ? it's not an Audi". Also, just to note she goes to the Audi events as well and loves them....so she would be using the car as well...no matter which car we got:incar:

JAXRS6
August 25th, 2004, 18:23
Sounds like you've done your homework, Bauer, but I'm still curious: Is the car you seek for track only, or track + daily driver?

Bauer
August 25th, 2004, 18:44
Both as I have 20k on my RS6 and and at that pace I will be way over on my mileage to the tune of about $5000. So I figure I could drive the S4 two days a week. See its a good use of money:rolleyes: :hahahehe:

iconcls
August 25th, 2004, 19:03
A little more and in 8 mos. this could be yours.:)

http://www.1gracing.com/images/splash-specs-right.jpg

Although I'm obviously big on Audi, I have mixed feelings on an S4 track car. No question your set-up will be great, but personally, I'm always craving lighter, lighter, lighter. But seeing as you're going to do 2 days of daily driving, the S4 will be great, get it and do Stasis.

There was an Elise at the last event I was at and gawd was it a hoot to see it flying around the track eating all manner of P-cars. That said, I have decided to bail on my Elise order because it is frighteningly small and I cannot see it as a weekend road/track toy with all the gigantic, lumbering SUV's out there. Just too scary small for me. :(

Bauer
August 25th, 2004, 19:22
Icon,

I really like the Nobel....but what do you REALLY think you will have it it by the time you are done (you can IM if you like). Having to put the driveline in the car would make me a little nervous about the budget and the oops factor:mech: . Also, what motor and transmisson set up are you looking at?

JAXRS6
August 25th, 2004, 19:38
Originally posted by Bauer
Both as I have 20k on my RS6 and and at that pace I will be way over on my mileage to the tune of about $5000. So I figure I could drive the S4 two days a week. See its a good use of money:rolleyes: :hahahehe:

Wow, that's very interesting because that was my plan, with a twist: I would keep the S4 in Florida and the RS6 in Michigan. By splitting miles between them with the change of seasons, I would keep each from getting too extreme on the odo.

But, alas, my garage in FL gets up to 100 degrees every summer day, so I decided otherwise. Then along came Charley and since my place is in Punta Gorda...well, you can bet I'm glad neither car was there, even tho my garage & condo are OK.:0:

Anyhow, as an owner I chose to buy the extended warranty for the RS6 and sell my S4, since I have no place to keep it up north. I was using the S4 very little & proceeds will be useful for new furniture in MI. But I will miss it!:s4addict:

Nordschleife
August 25th, 2004, 19:40
Bauer
The car you are considering has had a lot done, and the support is not going to be that good from the people who did the work. Track Day cars go wrong.
Top drivers and big budgets can make any car into a winner, I doubt you want to spend what Audi/Champion does to make cars into winners. When I spoke to the BTCC A4 entrant about the car, he pointed out that getting rid of the understeer was the most expensive item by an order of magnitude. The result was a car that was not streetable.
I have US friends who speak very highly of spec Miata racing as the best affordable way of having fun on the track.
If you could get Stasis to agree to a fixed price contract to maintain the car, then you might have something to think about. But, if the Miata doesn't do it for you how about a 944 or 968, there are some excellent track cars on these chassis.

R+C
Personally, I'd just get the best 'vette that fitted the budget and scare the fecal fungus out the Porsche crowd!

Bauer
August 25th, 2004, 19:55
I knew it was only a matter of time before Robin chimed in:D . Thanks for the advice.....it is greatly appreciated.

I am just looking at the car at this point and putting the numbers together. As far as a Vette is concerned......it just doesn't do it for me.....I can't see myself owning a Chevy product, even as fun as it can be. I have been encouraged by others to look at the Miata spec racers as well, but I am 6'4" and don't really fit in them. Also.......its a Miata:harass: . Yes....I know it can be "practical" and fun but just doesn't do it for me either.

I have considered the 944 and 944t as well....but those things aren't cheap to maintain either. Truthfully, none of it is cheap.

I can see I have more research to do.

Thanks agian to all.

Cheers,

flmaverick
August 26th, 2004, 21:19
:rs6kiss:
I have had a 2001 S4 with all the MTM Hoppen up-grades (living in Sarasota which is the home of Joe Hoppen), currently have a 2002 C32 AMG with the Renntech pulley and chip up-grades and have recently purchased an RS6 with 6,000 miles.

In your note, you refer to some problems with your RS6. What problems have you had?

Re my C32: I had some initial electronic/computer issues, but were correct after 6x to service in 6x weeks. It is a very refined car, however.

S4: I had good luck with all the up-grades through Stage III after up-grading all my hoses with MTM/Hoppen items and pop-offs.

Just purchased the Downpipes and catbacks from Stratosphere for my RS6. They have been awesome to work with.

Thanks for your response to RS6 problems.

Don

Bauer
August 26th, 2004, 21:46
Originally posted by flmaverick
:rs6kiss:
I have had a 2001 S4 with all the MTM Hoppen up-grades (living in Sarasota which is the home of Joe Hoppen), currently have a 2002 C32 AMG with the Renntech pulley and chip up-grades and have recently purchased an RS6 with 6,000 miles.

In your note, you refer to some problems with your RS6. What problems have you had?

Re my C32: I had some initial electronic/computer issues, but were correct after 6x to service in 6x weeks. It is a very refined car, however.

S4: I had good luck with all the up-grades through Stage III after up-grading all my hoses with MTM/Hoppen items and pop-offs.

Just purchased the Downpipes and catbacks from Stratosphere for my RS6. They have been awesome to work with.

Thanks for your response to RS6 problems.

Don

I had the turbo's replace @ about 17k due to a faulty spring in the internal wastegate which was causing an over-boost problem and putting the car into limp mode.

I have a whine in the rear diff that the dealer can't seem to recreate or is not trying hard enough. It is there from 2000 rpm's to about 2500 rpms when I am very slightly on the throttle.....only enough to take the slack out of the drive line. It can be heard in 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Road and engine noise make it difficult to hear in 1st and 2nd. Also, the car(engine temp) is between 200 f and 230 f when the noise comes about. I use the engine temp just as a gage to tell the tech when it is happening. It is very appearant on hot days and long trips. I get the feeling the dealer does not want to take the the risk of replacing a rear diff and then having AoA....tell them no on the warranty work because it not "out spec" enough......which is IMO BS......I get that all the time from the dealer. Front rotors are cooked, slight warp and nice big grooves but they not "out of spec". Oil drain plug wont stop dripping on my garage floor, after three new seals and one new plug. They now have a new oil pan on order.

I think that is it except for the noise in the AC unit they can't get to go away as well....not out of "spec" I am told...yet it is very loud. Also some other minor items...but the turbos and diff are the ones that give me concern. I am leasing my car so it is more a pain in the rear then anything else. Just getting tired of the dealer having the car so often.

Please don't get me wrong...I love many aspects of the car in fact most aspects, I just have some concern ....so I wont be modifing my car. Since it would for sure be "out of spec":D and I don't want to have to face that. Please don't be overly concerned about the RS6, most owners here have had no problems to report of....but like any car there are always a few that are a little more difficult then the rest.

Cheers and welcome to the board!:thumb:

eph94
August 26th, 2004, 22:55

I'd be curious to hear what your impression are of the RS6 versus your Stage III B5 S4. Do you track the S4?

The RS6 is a great cruiser with lots of punch. I think you're going to love it.

M5 RUS
August 27th, 2004, 08:39
I think rear wheel drive car is more Fun at the track...

Nordschleife
August 27th, 2004, 08:39
Audi and quattro GmbH 'know' about problems with the aircon, I thought it was resolved before US shipments began.
R+C

Bauer
August 27th, 2004, 18:32
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Audi and quattro GmbH 'know' about problems with the aircon, I thought it was resolved before US shipments began.
R+C

Yes, they did ....they now call it within "spec". Much cheaper and easier that way.

They both have there fun qualities IMO, just different. All depends on you prefrence.

Cheers,

Richard
August 28th, 2004, 23:54
Bauer

I'm intrigued about the Innovative Turbos. Are they based upon Garrett or KKK units?

Stasis is the company to talk to when considering suspensions in the U.S. I've read that their Suspension coupled with another differential with a greater torque biased improves the S4's handling dramatically.

As for the S4's engine, it's solid. The smallish K03's are the problem. The Rs4's K04's are much more reliable.

2002 S4
Chip
VM3 Exhaust
DTS

1992 S4
RS2 Turbo
RS2 EM
37lb Injectors
Stromung Exhuast

gregoryindiana
August 29th, 2004, 22:03
For your track car.

Then you can minimize your expenses by not going to 10/10ths on the track. If redline is 6750, why not short shift at 6250.

I would look at a nonturbo 944, maybe a 90 S2 coupe.

If you want quattro, a gently used 93-95 S4/S6 would be a decent choice. The 5 cyl 20 valve engine is sturdy, mods for the car are frequently already on the car, so you get them for free.
AND, I will be selling a gently used one soon on Ebay.

nyrs6
August 29th, 2004, 23:34

Don

Do you feel the difference in power with the downpipes on?

Bauer
August 30th, 2004, 19:48
I'm intrigued about the Innovative Turbos. Are they based upon Garrett or KKK units?

They are based on the KO4's. Bigger compressor housing and fan. I understand they also change the angle of the fan as well.

Flew up to Portland for the day with my friend and mechanic to look at it.

First things I HAVE to get done are the brakes and suspension....motor totaly over powers both, and that is a dangerous condition.

My impressions of the car are as follows.....

HOLY CRAP!!!

The motor pulled strong with no dying off of power up 7000 rpms (I will be setting redline lower than that). I was told by Innovative that the turbos spool up fairly quick and the power lasts longer. Believe me they are telling the truth. Power was VERY smooth and linear for a turbo car and a modified one at that. The power does not come on as early as the RS6 ( benift of 4.2 v8 to start with, I believe)but around 2800 to 3000 rpms it really comes on.

My friend was very supprised by the car as he has seen many highly modded S4's throw all sorts of fault codes and cut in and out and this did non of that. Drove it for about 45 min to an hour and did diagnostic along the way. It was about 85 degrees with some humidity (much more then sf bay) and we had the air on. Oh, and three guys in it as well.

The exhaust is a bit noisy, as it is just about as close to race as you can get. I may have to put the stock exhaust back on to pass smog, but more importantly noise. Sounded awsome....on and off the throttle. Now, I don't think my neighboors will appreciate it as much as I will....so I will be driving very slow on the way home.

Car was in very good condition inside and out...hell it only has 25k on the clock. I got the guy to come down in price as well....now making shipping arangements.

Gregoryindiana-

I had an 92 S4 that my brother in law now has and is turning it into his track car. I had done RS2 exhaust manifold, Brembo front breaks, Koni adjustable shocks, MTM stage II+ chip and some other minor goodies. Loved the car, but it was time to move on.

Will keep you posted on the progress and will post pics.

Cheers,

flmaverick
August 31st, 2004, 20:15
Your question: Did I track my MTM S4? Yes, I used it a few times at both the drag strip in south west Florida (humid conditions) and at Sebring. If I did not mention it in my last posting, it was a TIP edition and this seemed to be the weak link due to sloppy shifting in the quarter mile. In 70 degree F and 75% humidity, the car posted 13.13 at 99 mph. On Sebring the car was very well balanced and seemed very nimble. M3's were no issue and put a few worried looks on the faces of some M5's on the road course.

Previously I had owned a 2001 A6 4.2. It was a great car and seemed to be more refined then the RS6. It is apparent that the RS6 has been lightened and there is a major increase in wind noise compared to the A6, S4 and even the C32 AMG. That said, I really like the look, feel and performance of the RS6 and look forward to installing the downpipes and exhaust.

Don

7:53 RS6
August 31st, 2004, 21:08
Originally posted by M5 RUS

You can go really sideways in a 4wd RS6 aswell if you enjoy that kind of driving :hahahehe:

M5 RUS
September 1st, 2004, 07:06
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
You can go really sideways in a 4wd RS6 aswell if you enjoy that kind of driving :hahahehe:

Yep, in SNOW I used to do that with my S8 and Allroad...it was FUN...

But at track you will need to use a hand brake...

Yes I like to go side ways :bye2: :...

Regarding S4..I raced with one at 1/4 it had 350Hps....well he had NO chance...I dont know by how much I beat him, cause I did not look at the back:doh: ...

Bauer
September 1st, 2004, 17:15
Regarding S4..I raced with one at 1/4 it had 350Hps....well he had NO chance...I dont know by how much I beat him, cause I did not look at the back ...

Re-read my post.....this S4 has 350 WHEEL HP which after a 25% driveline loss (quattro) would have about 465 to 470 hp at the crank......so if you are ever in CA with your M5.....look me up.:D :D :s4addict:

Nordschleife
September 1st, 2004, 17:27
Re-read my post.....this S4 has 350 WHEEL HP which after a 25% driveline loss (quattro) would have about 465 to 470 hp at the crank......so if you are ever in CA with your M5.....look me up.:D :D :s4addict:

Ben

This is a Russian M5, probably stolen from Germany, by the time it has been smuggled through Poland, had most of the bits taken off on the way, and been fixed by some Russian genius mechanic - IT WILL WHIP ANY YANKEE ASS - or so they say. Normal conversation should not be entered into.

R+C
Overexposed to new rich Russian hyperbole

September 1st, 2004, 17:40
But at track you will need to use a hand brake...

[/B][/QUOTE]

No you dont.
But many peopel seem to think you have to use hand brake to make a RS6 and other 4wd cars go sidways on dry tarmac.:D

eph94
September 1st, 2004, 20:57
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
But many peopel seem to think you have to use hand brake to make a RS6 and other 4wd cars go sidways on dry tarmac.:D [/B]

Here here! I've been able to do it with a lift of the throttle mid-corner and then gradual application of throttle again. Of course, sliding is slow and I needed to do it to rotate the car after I totally blew the turn by coming in too hot (Turn 4 at Mont-Tremblant). It wasn't that much "fun" since I'm a novice and my goal is to be smooth on the track. I don't even want to think about how much life I took off the ball joints or other suspension components by making my poor car drift.

:doh:

September 1st, 2004, 22:05
Originally posted by JJV-MA
Here here! I've been able to do it with a lift of the throttle mid-corner and then gradual application of throttle again. Of course, sliding is slow and I needed to do it to rotate the car after I totally blew the turn by coming in too hot (Turn 4 at Mont-Tremblant). It wasn't that much "fun" since I'm a novice and my goal is to be smooth on the track. I don't even want to think about how much life I took off the ball joints or other suspension components by making my poor car drift.

:doh:

The other day when i was on track whit Fredrik Ekblom STCC i was sometime siting in the RS6+ and he was driving and i tried to talk him in to som wide powerdrifting. He got the car coming a bit but then pulled it up not relly sliding. He more or less said i cant allow myself to doit.
I been traind all my life not to slide. Then i drove my car and he after in the + i put on a relly long slide. In the pit he said how do you do that. Kind of funny! I said im not a proffessional:D

He also said he dident gain on me in that turn even thoug i was sliding hevy.

But of course i agree whit you that in genrall sliding is slowing the car down and smooth is the right way!

The best i got out of all my sliding is that its wery easy for me to hold the car just on the edge of grip and not slide!!
And of course from time to time relly controll drift a 2ton avant on track is always funny.

Benman
September 2nd, 2004, 04:19
Flew up to Portland for the day with my friend and mechanic to look at it.

First things I HAVE to get done are the brakes and suspension....motor totaly over powers both, and that is a dangerous condition.

My impressions of the car are as follows.....

HOLY CRAP!!!

Will keep you posted on the progress and will post pics.

Cheers,

Ben:cheers:

Sorry for the late reply. Car sounds exactly like what you're looking for. Brake and suspension upgrade would definately be a good investment. A much better "track toy" than the Beast.:0:
Ben:addict:

M5 RUS
September 2nd, 2004, 06:45

I was not talking about the S4 you are thinking of buying...

That S4 I've raced had 350HPs....If it would have been 470Hps it would destroy me...

No my M5 was not stolen or something like that, I bought it Hard Earned money from a BMW dealership Germany...and I never bought stolen car....

:w: it really disappointing when people talk like that...have you heard anything about TACT... :brag:

Bauer
September 3rd, 2004, 03:19
I was not talking about the S4 you are thinking of buying...

No problem.

Brake and suspension upgrade would definately be a good investment. A much better "track toy" than the Beast.

Car is being droped off tonight. I am currently trying to decided which STaSIS set up to go with. The TrackSport or the MotorSport. I am also considering changing out the control arms so that I can adjust the suspension futher.

Don't think I will be using the Alcon's....probably Brembo's with 355 rotors. Then use S8 rear calipers and new rotors on the rear.

Also, will be shoping sway bars....need to consult with the STaSIS crew on this as well.

Hey Ben, you have the SSR Comp's? If you do, how do you like them...I think I may get a set for the track...super light. Also, are you doing any events up north this year? I my head down your way for an event.

One other item, throwing on an RS4 bumper for better air flow...the RS4 intercoolers are kind of jamed in the stock bumper.

Will post pics and progress pics.

Cheers,

gjg
September 3rd, 2004, 06:21
Originally posted by M5RUS
:w: it really disappointing when people talk like that...have you heard anything about TACT...
:brag:

I don't believe this is anything personal, it goes with the territory, just get use to it ..... there are worse places - like "my mailing address is:

P.O. Box 419
Lagos ...

:applause: :applause: :applause:

M5 RUS
September 3rd, 2004, 09:18
Originally posted by gjg
I don't believe this is anything personal, it goes with the territory, just get use to it ..... there are worse places - like "my mailing address is:

P.O. Box 419
Lagos ...

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:argue: What:confused: total B.S.

Benman
September 8th, 2004, 02:36

Hey Ben, you have the SSR Comp's? If you do, how do you like them...I think I may get a set for the track...super light. Also, are you doing any events up north this year? I my head down your way for an event.

Cheers,
Hello Bauer,

I like the SSRs quite a bit. Have only used them twice so I can't comment on durability issues that they "supposedly" have. The 2 times I'ved used them had 0 troubles. The amount of wieght you save in each corner over stock is INCREDIBLE. Just the wheels alone makes a difference in handling! They'll be even better on your S4 since it's several hundred pounds lighter than the Beast!:cheers:
Ben:addict:

Ernesto (ERT)
September 8th, 2004, 23:02
Ben-

For the price difference vs. the ease of adjustment my vote goes for the Motorsport based on the Ohlins suspension pieces, especially since this is going to be a track car.

It's great to be able to dial in the front and the back suspension with the wheels on, in less than 5 mins all around. Plus being able to vary the "flow" between container and reservoir is another 'tweaking" element.

I was the first to have the Ohlins put into an A6 2.7T by Ryan @ Stasis. I've had it for a couple of months, and depending on where I'm going, and who's with me, I can adjust from "aggressive" to "soft" ride.

As always if you want a ride, or want to check the set up let me know, and we can meet up.

Cheers-
Ernesto

Bauer
September 9th, 2004, 01:51
Ernesto-

I have heard that the Ohlin's require rebuilding more often than the Koni's...do you know if that is the case?

I am very intrested in the Motorsport set up....I have found a set of last gen. Motorsports that use the Koni's which I may get ...still researching.

I may take you up on that test drive offer

Cheers