PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye RS6! Also to Sportec RS6

Gustav
January 9th, 2003, 02:42
If Audi use forced induction then we will :hihi:

http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26375&perpage=35&pagenumber=1

We only have one supercharger :)

http://www.bmwm5.com/temp/black/black3.jpg

:cool2:

I can't stop watching that video :whoops: He goes to 250 km/h!

Thilo
January 9th, 2003, 09:06
Hi Gustav,

I checked the video but i really have problems to see anything. It's much too dark and the camerman has quite shaky hands. How could see that he goes up to 250 km/h :confused:

I am not able to see the speed on the instruments :rolleyes:

Greetings
Thilo

Erik
January 9th, 2003, 11:59
Thanks Gustav for the awakening, or should I say cold shower :vsad:

That is very similar to what a friend of mine is doing to his M3.
Compressor looks to be the same. On this pic it is not yet ready, some details are still made out of tree for fitting.

Another pic of the M3 Compressor, at a later stage.

http://hpbimg.kmtuning.com/M3%20Kompressor.jpg

Gustav
January 9th, 2003, 14:01
Hi :alig:

He is starting on first and then you can hear acceleration through the gears. Also if you turn up the contrast on the monitor you will actually be able to see a bit :bunny2:

:bow:

Thilo
January 10th, 2003, 07:49
Thanks for the tip Gustav,

It worked and now i can see much more. Actually i am driving a '01 BMW 535 and that video makes me quite jealous. But i hope when i get my RS6 in June/July i also will have 80% of this feeling.

Thanks for the advice.
Thilo :cheers:

Erik
January 10th, 2003, 10:35
Originally posted by Thilo
80% of this feeling.

80% at the feeling at 70% of the price :D

theob
January 10th, 2003, 14:44
Quite impressive mod!
It's about time the M5 to have a real mod in its performance tuning portfolio:-)
When you compare however the M5 with the any of the two RS6, you shouldn't forget though, that RS6 is a factory model and the M5 presented here is a highly modified one, not to mention the extra cost of about $20k :deal: someone has to pay in order to try overtaking an avant:-)
So, if we wanna be fair, we should not compare these two cars, unless RS6 comes to the line with an equally modified engine. Then, I bet that ONCE more, the supercharged-M5 driver will try to discriminate the RS6's back plate :incar: :race: :D :D :D

IMHO, I'll be waiting for the new M5 and RS6 to be released in the future (2004-5), where both will have a naturally aspirated engine V10 engine. We all know by now, that the Lamborghini's Gallardo engine will power the next RS6.
So once these cars will be available to us, then all comparisons (factory cars, or modified) will be valid.

Till then my friends....

itisme
January 10th, 2003, 22:33
OH noooooooooo.. how could you? BMW with Turbo or Kompressor :vsad:.. well.. this is no more a BMW :(..

Nrn
January 10th, 2003, 23:48
Originally posted by itisme
OH noooooooooo.. how could you? BMW with Turbo or Kompressor :vsad:.. well.. this is no more a BMW :(..

Went mounting a turbo I can agree what with you are saying. But with a compressor you keep the same engine sound but the performance increses! :hihi: Canīt see anything wrong with that! :)

BR /Nicke