PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Engine?

Jay
August 18th, 2004, 04:48
I have been pondering getting an A6 98- and putting some power underneath the bonnet. Now I haven't figured which would be best but another factor is is that I love the look of the 03 RS6 with the 5-Spoke wheels. So I was thinking of making it a pretty much full replica of a RS6? Not trying to be a poser but I can't afford a real RS6!

:king:

audirs6sport
August 18th, 2004, 06:18
you should be glad u don't have an rs6. i got about 4 pts waiting to be added on my dmv records. =( damn these F^$#ING bullshit attorneys.

RS4Ever
August 18th, 2004, 07:21
good luck.
its the wheel archs that are also different (arent they?).
and dont 4get the mesh (chicken wire).

nyrs6
August 18th, 2004, 13:07
in order to make a replica, you have to have the 4.2 because of its wide body.

Benman
August 18th, 2004, 16:31
Originally posted by Jay
So I was thinking of making it a pretty much full replica of a RS6? Not trying to be a poser but I can't afford a real RS6!

Not a poser at all. In fact the more people that do it the more special the real deal is!:cheers:
Ben:addict:

Jay
August 18th, 2004, 18:04
So where could I get a the 4.2 engine? I could probably find fenders and quarter-panels, but thanks ben I don't know I have to buy the car first! :doh:

Benman
August 21st, 2004, 21:45
Originally posted by Jay
So where could I get a the 4.2 engine? I could probably find fenders and quarter-panels, but thanks ben I don't know I have to buy the car first! :doh:

Best bet is to do a national salvage yard search. If it's the normally aspirated 4.2. that you're after you should be able to find something. There's got to be a A6 4.2 with heavy rear end damage somewhere. The motor will still be in good shape and you can go from there.:0:
Ben:addict: