PDA

View Full Version : Re-setting your DWB throttle

avdh
August 17th, 2004, 17:51
I read the following on the Audi Club of SA forum for the V8 S4.

"To reset the DWB throttle, switch the ignition on but don't start the engine, put accelerator to the metal for 5 seconds and then switch the ignition off, voila! "

Well since the basis of the RS6's engine and the S4's are somewhat similar (both 4.2 V8's) I tried this with the RS6 and I think it works, but as everything it may be me convincing myself that it works.

Please try it, on your RS6 and let me know. Specially if you have done a lot of town, bumper to bumper traffic, you should immediatly notice an improvement in trottle response/performance.

One thing though, do it with the door closed and release the trottle after you switched off the ignition.

GmbHouse
August 17th, 2004, 18:00
Andre - Do you know if the default reset mode is the most aggressive, or is it somewhere in the middle?

avdh
August 17th, 2004, 18:04
Less aggresive than when you have spent an hour on the track, but more than pussy footing around town.

About the same as driving on the open road, at fair speed, for a few hundred kilometres.

gjg
August 17th, 2004, 20:26
what effect - if any - has tip mode on the memory ? I normally use tip mode for agressive driving and auto for city .... :vhmmm:

avdh
August 18th, 2004, 05:18
None I suppose, as this is for the throttle, not the gearbox, as far as I know.

I use the tip/manual mode 99.99% of the time and I did not notice anything regarding the gearbox.

avdh
August 19th, 2004, 09:11
So?

Did anyone tried it?

Do you concur or not with my findings?