PDA

View Full Version : Euro housings city lights - question!

nene
August 17th, 2004, 13:55
I installed my Euro front housings yesterday, and noticed that the turn signal on the housing does not have double duty. The bulb and the wiring itself seems to only allow for the turn signal to be just that...a turn signal. The driving light is actually the city light that is a small bulb in the high-beam area. Can anyone in the non-US bound cars please check if this is the case?

The US bound cars did not come with city lights, thus the turn signal has double duty as turn signal and driving lights.
Thanks a lot ... in advance!

gjg
August 17th, 2004, 16:15
yep, that's it .... Euro light so called "parking" is the small bulb as described, the turn signal light is single filament, one purpose.

gg

nene
August 17th, 2004, 18:43
Thank you. It's all working as designed then. Gladly so.

I remember the first time I tried to take the RS6 housings off, I was being very careful, as it was my first time. Took me about 1 hour per housing. This time, I think it took me 10 minutes each. I could not believe it.

I tested it before putting them on, but figured I'd post the question to make sure it was all working.

gjg
August 17th, 2004, 20:54
there is a neat feature on eurolights - with key out of ignition and turn signal on (left or right) the parking lights (front and rear) on that side will stay on - this is nice for curb parking.

I am not sure if this would work in US rs model with euro lights - did not work on my old US S6 with Euro headlights.

gg

:looking:

nene
August 17th, 2004, 23:58
I will try it. However, how do you curb park your car with the key ****not**** in the ignition? Now that is even cooler!

gjg
August 18th, 2004, 07:30
uh - the minute after ....