PDA

View Full Version : oil suggestion?

minimad
August 16th, 2004, 03:45
with two turbo chargers on the beast, what kind of oil change experience could you guys share?:revs:

Benman
August 18th, 2004, 16:02
I'd help but have only taken mine to the dealer. After all it's free so why do it myself.

I think there are some here that have though.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

minimad
August 19th, 2004, 03:01
Originally posted by Benman
I'd help but have only taken mine to the dealer. After all it's free so why do it myself.

I think there are some here that have though.:cheers:

thx for reply. In fact, my question is : anyone use other oil than dealer's VAG oil? I heard other Audi owners with turbo on car (1.8T, T.T. etc. not so many RS6 here)said that there are many other oil are better than the VAG one. And........less expensive.
There are several RS4 owners using Respo R type oil (http://www.respo.net/oil_auto_bike/o_best_choice.html , sorry can'y find English website). Also some said Redline is better but can't last more than 5000km. Most agree VAG oil is good but overpriced, with the same$$$, our baby deserve better treatment.
:race:

gjg
August 19th, 2004, 06:14
I heard other Audi owners with turbo on car (1.8T, T.T. etc. not so many RS6 here)said that there are many other oil are better than the VAG one. And........less expensive.

VAG 505.01 specs - if this oil is not used during warranty and somehting goes wrong with the engine, you are not likely to collect any $$ from manufacturer ....

:idea:

JAXRS6
August 19th, 2004, 07:42
Gig is correct. If something oil-related goes wrong and Audi determines you're not using the oil they specify, which they can do by testing, then warranty coverage for that problem can be voided. And the oil they specify is available only thru VW/Audi. Other Audis have other options; the RS6 does not.

At least, that is the consensus of several posts I've read. But the oil requirement is in the owner's packet of literature.

Benman
August 21st, 2004, 21:59
Originally posted by gjg
VAG 505.01 specs - if this oil is not used during warranty and somehting goes wrong with the engine, you are not likely to collect any $$ from manufacturer ....

:idea:
As gjg and Jax state it would be a game of Russian Rulette to put ANYTHING other than the specified oil in your Beast. Better OR not doesn't matter. If something goes wrong and they can prove you did not heed the warning in your owner's manual you'd be completely on your own.

Maybe that might not be the biggest deal if you drive a base model Golf but with a $40K+ hand built Cosworth engine you'd be advised not to.:cheers:

JP4
August 23rd, 2004, 02:17
minimad....listen to what these wise folks are telling you. I have every reason to believe that AoA is quite serious about this little detail. My salesman made a special point to bring that subject up verbally as well as show it to me in writing when I took delivery of the car.