PDA

View Full Version : Must see video: 2xLambo, NSX-R, 911Turbo, F360 and M3 CSL on track

Erik
August 12th, 2004, 18:14
A must see video!

http://www.norcalevo.net/video/motegibattle.wmv (save as)

A white Murciélago, black Gallardo, Honda NSX-R, Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari 360 Modena and an M3 CSL battle on a race track.

:race:

RS6FEVR
August 12th, 2004, 21:21
:cheers: Erik

Wow! :incar: :incar: A very coooool video indeed. Thanks for posting, it was a gas to watch. You run a great site!

:addict: FEVR

k2
August 12th, 2004, 22:14
Fantastic Video ... this is where you see what a car can really do ! :thumb:

The timing couldn't be better as I dropped my quest for a Gallardo and substituted for a GT3 :cry:

Do you know the lap best lap times for each auto ?

K2

Luke@tirerack
August 12th, 2004, 22:55
and here's a lttel caveat you may or may not know .... the NSX-R was on r-compound tires while the others were on the OE tires

iconcls
August 12th, 2004, 23:38
Fun Stuff! Thanks.

k2
August 12th, 2004, 23:49
Watched it again ... sorta addictive ... the 911TT and the CSL are Tip and SMG !!! ... what a waste of your right foot ! That Murci is incredible ... one day.:incar:

Bauer
August 13th, 2004, 00:39
K2-

If what you heard comes true, that the bottom of the Gallardo market falls out.....that will, in my mind be one hell of a bargin for around 100k. I would seriously consider getting a third car at that price.

Cheers,

k2
August 13th, 2004, 02:12
Bauer ...

The last words of a Porsche salesman trying to sway me toward the GT3. I do however believe that there will be a correction in these cars ... probably not to $100K, but I considered the following things before the GT3.

1) The Gcars were initially MSRP'd at around $175-185 and demand drove the prices to ~$200K
2) Lambo raised their prices to $200K (supposedly bad exchange rates)
3) I've seen inventories grow with some very bizzare color combos
4) There is a spyder coming soon
5) 05 will have 3 year / 36 K warranty
6) A lot of folks are leasing these on very short term deals
7) Comments from the wholesaler
8) Lambo dealer calling every day (sometimes twice) trying to get me back to the dealership.

So I decided that instead of spending $200K I would wait it out.

There is such a thin market that it's a total gamble on these exotics.

K2

ricky71370
August 13th, 2004, 05:36
the actual dvd on this event its called SUPER BATTLE done by the guys at best motoring international... they have a great amount of cool dvd's. the dvd only runs for 20 us dollars...

http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/dvd.html

ricky

ricky71370
August 13th, 2004, 05:43
k2,
the gt3 comes up short in handling compared to the galllardo, and for a mid scale super car there is no other..

there is a reason why the gallardo is slightly more than the gt3 :incar: :incar:

this for a gt3 no freaking way, i'll keep the gallardo any day specially if its a TRACK DAY:incar: :incar: :race: :race: :D :D

ricky

Nordschleife
August 13th, 2004, 08:17
Then GT3 is a very nice car, but by far the best modfel is the GT3 RS, the difference is night and day.

The Pcar salesman was enjoying slagging off the Gallardo, in reality, its not the car, its the dealer behaviour. Remember he is selling 996 GGT3s, the last time I looked at a new naturally aspirated Porsche, it said 997. So you have a new model hanging over the second hand market, which will be reflected in the residuals.

It is much better to mentally write off whatever you spend on a car. That way you willo be pleasantly surprised when you get some money back for it! if you want to have fun in an investment, buy a classic sailing yacht, look after it immaculately for 15 years, and you might make a lot of money. The only people who consistently make money out of cars are the auctioneers!

That video was fun, but not actually very informative. On the limit the Murchie handling is 'Italian', but we did not see that so it had to be cruising, the M3CSL did not report brake melt-down, so it wasn't being pushed, the Honda on R compound tyres. Its another version of Tagashi's Castle, and as such I enjoy it!

R+C

gmbh6
August 13th, 2004, 08:21
suh-weeeeeeeeeet!!!

looks like the porsche and pasta rocket are all sizzle and no steak.........did you see klint's old avatar whoop some azz out there...........those lambo's are bad azz..........if i didn't know any better i'd say that event was staged by lambo...........they started at the end and finished one-two..........now that would be some awesome marketing.

......bad azz drivers too!

great video..........i'm gonna go check out that link now.
:addict:

steve
August 13th, 2004, 09:28
Poor performance of the Ferrari CS. The NSX is still one very amazing car. It doesn't have excessive power but it has the main thing for track days... perfect balance.

And that for a 15 year old. (it evoluated of course:D )

Great video!

PS: I'll post a NSX-R video at the Nurburgring in a couple of days...7.56 minutes:MTM:...

Greetz,

Steve

k2
August 13th, 2004, 13:59
No flames intended on the Gallardo folks ...

Ricky ... its one of the best performing mid range super cars out there (you may not know ... i just finished testing the Gallardo, 360, 360 CS, Vanquish and Esprit) ... and you own one :bow: ... but I think the market will show that the Lambo is on a bubble right now ... but who cares ... I agree with R ... as soon as you put money into a car, you have two decisions.

1) put it in a warehouse and run it enough to keep the thing lubricated and maybe one day you'll have a 1965 'original' Shelby Daytona - its hard being 15 and seeing that car everyday ... just sitting there in the garage.
2) drive it, drive it, drive it ... get every dollar's worth and forget about the resale.

Ricky ... you are obviously driving the car :thumb: I intend to track the GT3. I would have gone with the Gallardo, but I can't afford to put $200K in a car and possibly nick a bumper or worse, side it into an armco - yet. I can however put $95K in a car and forget about it.

I would choose the Gallardo over the GT3 in all categories.

:cheers:

Erik
August 13th, 2004, 15:40
Originally posted by k2
Watched it again ... sorta addictive ... the 911TT and the CSL are Tip and SMG !!!

You can only get the CSL with SMG ;) And there's a good reason for it, it's faster for most people.

But a 996 TT with Tip, now that's waste :w:

Dark Knight
August 14th, 2004, 19:31
Erik -

Awesome vid!!! I luv those guys, that's how a track test should be done, a real balance to show how a more powerful car is on the straights but how a lesser powered better balanced car can kick some serious ass on a track!!

really dissapointed with 996TT, can't believe the Bimmer did so well although he was absolutely driving the balls off that thing.

Lambo's were impressive, very impressive to come from the back up against the other cars.

keep the cool vid links coming!!!

EBMCS03
August 14th, 2004, 21:53
COOL thanks! :applause: