PDA

View Full Version : Only 175-200 RS6+ made in total?

7:53 RS6
August 12th, 2004, 16:49
Iwas so bored to(bad wheter no sun) day so i did make a call to Audi to try the plus. When we talked the sales rep did say it was only made 175-200 RS6+.(planed 999)

Well idont take Audi Sweden for a 100%

Anybody else know about this only 200 made in total?

Sims
August 12th, 2004, 18:06
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
I i did make a call to Audi to try the plus. When we talked the sales rep did say it was only made 175-200 RS6+.(planed 999)

Well idont take Audi Sweden for a 100%

Anybody else know about this only 200 made in total?

Everyone I have spoken to at Audi has been very cagey about numbers. Only 57 are comng to the Uk.Numbered plaques are not being provided - all in all, I would be very, very surprised if they made more than a few hundred.

Qisha
August 12th, 2004, 18:50
As far as i can say, on the German Market you can find several RS6 plus in Stock at Dealers all across Germany.
Take a look at www.mobile.de
As i ordered my RS6 plus 4 weeks ago i was fighting for a delivery Contract. Every Dealer i called told me that the RS6 plus is sold out. On the German Audi Website you can check the estimated delivery for a placed Order on the current Day. The RS6 plus is no longer listed, been taking of list 3 Weeks ago. No RS6 plus has been put into the Audi Car Pool, thats also Interesting.
My guess is, the 999 Contracts building a RS6 plus are sold.
The one i ordered will be build an finished next week. That was the estimated date from the day on i ordered it. No changes.
The last RS6 plus will be build until the end of September, thats what Audi told me (after trying to get mine sooner).
I am looking forward to pick it up at Neckarsulm between the 23rd and 27th. As soon as i got i can tell about the Limited No. this one has.
There was a RS plus Silver Edition for Sale at Autoscout24, the Offer said No. 281, with 400 km on it.
Since the RS6 plus was sold out so early i say: the 999 will be produced. :D

Sims
August 12th, 2004, 19:04
Originally posted by Qisha

Since the RS6 plus was sold out so early i say: the 999 will be produced. :D

It was not sold out so early, Audi could not sell any more after a certain time - it was too expensive, badly marketed and did not offer that much more than the standard RS6 which was easily available on the 2nd hand market at a huge price discount. I remain skeptical about the 999 number. Ironically that may help with residual values.

Qisha
August 12th, 2004, 19:38
I will know more in 10 Days. As soon as i pick up the one i ordered.

7:53 RS6
August 12th, 2004, 19:54
qisha welcome to the board! What color is your +:thumb:

Erik
August 12th, 2004, 20:05
A warm welcome to Qisha.
I have wondered were all the tuning friendly Germans were.
They visit and read but rarely post, but they have probably the best knowledge around. Language problem perhaps.
In any case, keep up the good posts and let us know more about your car and the latest on tuning.
If you need help hosting pics just send them by e-mail to me or use the Gallery.
:thumb:

Qisha
August 13th, 2004, 09:15
Thanks for the welcome ! :D

The RS6 plus i ordered will be Ebonyblack with black Leather.
I also like the Sprint Blue but the Ebonyblack with privacy glas, optic package and Titanium-Look Wheels is it for me. :love:

plus
August 13th, 2004, 09:25
exactly like mine Qisha - you have excellent taste!!

P L U S

Sims
August 13th, 2004, 09:33
Originally posted by plus
exactly like mine Qisha - you have excellent taste!!

P L U S

Plus,

I did not think you had the "Privacy Glass" on your car!!!:bye:

Qisha
August 13th, 2004, 09:46
Some previously sold RS6 plus with almost matching specs:

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-3.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-2.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-5.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-4.jpg

I also ordered the Mirror Housing painted in Ebonyblack, finished the look of the "Blackbird". :applause:
I took the 4 Spoke Steering Wheel with Heating Option, because of the MFL Function.

plus
August 13th, 2004, 10:35
Originally posted by PP
Plus,

I did not think you had the "Privacy Glass" on your car!!!:bye:

Yes you're right - but the Black with black combo is what I was talking about not Black with cognac leather. You do of course have aluminium pedals (Euro spec) too. Also I have silver mirrors. so I suppose it is not exactly the same!!

:applause: P L U S

Qisha
August 13th, 2004, 10:45
Then it should look round about this:

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-6.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-9.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-7.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1460rs6-8.jpg

No Privacy Glass, Silver Mirrors.

plus
August 13th, 2004, 11:18
thats my car apart from someone has moved the steering wheel to the other side............

:addict: PLUS

Chuangs4
August 13th, 2004, 13:56
With that E55 estate, I wonder who will buy a RS6 plus?:vhmmm:

plus
August 13th, 2004, 13:58
Us!

Qisha
August 13th, 2004, 14:04
I will ! :0:

Chuangs4
August 13th, 2004, 14:33
Heheheh....me either!:addict: :addict: :addict:

Sims
August 13th, 2004, 14:50
Droves of BMW 3 series owners went and bought the Audi A4 - that made it a successful car.

Droves of M5 owners are not doing the same yet for RS6's

Go and shoot me down in flames if you want, but I should add that I am fond of both marques.

plus
August 13th, 2004, 16:01
yes but BMW has no equivalent of the RS6 PLUS avant.....

:360:

Qisha
August 13th, 2004, 16:08
And the actual Design is... :doh:

Sims
August 13th, 2004, 16:09
Originally posted by plus
yes but BMW has no equivalent of the RS6 PLUS avant.....

:360:

True and BMW failed with their M5 Touring. But I would contend that Audi have failed to make this market space truly their own. An M3 Touring would sell in much bigger quantities than the RS4/6.

Erik
August 13th, 2004, 16:21
I visited an Audi dealer today. According to him it is not longer possible to order a new RS6 Plus.

markm
August 13th, 2004, 18:00
Originally posted by PP
Everyone I have spoken to at Audi has been very cagey about numbers. Only 57 are comng to the Uk.Numbered plaques are not being provided - all in all, I would be very, very surprised if they made more than a few hundred.

PP, mine has just been delivered and it has got a plaqe in it, although I dont know what is says as I have not seen the car in the flesh yet.

With regards to there only being 57no. in the UK, I too have been told that.

Sims
August 13th, 2004, 18:08
Nice steering wheel - wish I had been brave and opted for it.
Nice touch.
:)

Pity about the pedals:(

markm
August 13th, 2004, 18:25
PP, just to calrify, I didn't spec the car, the wheel and the knob will be changed once my RS6 is at the garage, bit too huggy bear look for me, so the actual car will have leather wheel and knob.

Pedals, didnt think the UK cars ahs the metal pedals. Correct me if I am wrong, but the garage have assured me they do not

Sims
August 13th, 2004, 18:34
Originally posted by markm
PP, just to calrify, I didn't spec the car, the wheel and the knob will be changed once my RS6 is at the garage, bit too huggy bear look for me, so the actual car will have leather wheel and knob.

Pedals, didnt think the UK cars ahs the metal pedals. Correct me if I am wrong, but the garage have assured me they do not

MarkM,

may look huggy bear, but would be handy for driving at the 'Ring. But I don't drive there anymore so that's why I too chose the more practical leather option.

You are right, the UK cars do not have metal pedals. I know of someone who moaned about that and got a free Audi driving day at Silverstone. Good luck

Qisha
August 13th, 2004, 18:53
Spoke to a large German Audi Dealer today, they said that there are a lot of requests for the RS6 plus but it is no longer available. Same i heard 4 weeks ago. Canīt imagine they produce less if all 999 could be sold. I will try to get a Statement either from Ingolstadt or Neckarsulm.

gjg
August 13th, 2004, 19:20
yes but BMW has no equivalent of the RS6 PLUS avant..... And the actual Design is... :doh:

even worse .... puke: puke: puke:

Sims
August 13th, 2004, 19:28
Originally posted by gjg
even worse .... puke: puke: puke:

OK OK Ok, but the reality is that even the 'bad' design sells, and at huge profit for BMW. Compare that to the results at VAG.

Things can only get better for them.

Audi should have paid for Bangle to stay in charge of design at BMW:)

Sims
August 14th, 2004, 15:57
I saw two RS6+'s today, both in Sprint Blue. One car was being prepared for the owner and was on the ramp (could not see number). Spoke to the owner of the other one - he has a plaque with no 257 of 999. He is very pleased with the car, in his words " better than most Porsche & Ferrari I have owned". In the flesh the Sprint Blue with the Titanium look wheels looks OK, but no more than that. Very boy racer in my opinion, and not sportily classic like the RS2 in Blue or the Nogaro RS4.

Bauer
August 14th, 2004, 16:42
With that E55 estate, I wonder who will buy a RS6 plus?

The E55 chasis can not handel the power it has very well and without AWD it makes it even worse. Not to say it isn't fast as hell, just not very well balanced as a complete package. Not to mention the new 6.3 motor with, I beleive somewhere around 520hp and close to 600ftlbs it will only be worse. I think MBZ needs to work on the car more before throwing another 100hp at the thing. Just my 2cents.

Qisha,

Welcome to the board and congrats on the Plus. When you get her, would love to see some pics.

Cheers,