Sign me up..

Mike

audirs6sport
August 12th, 2004, 00:09
SLOWWW!!!! =(

Bauer
August 12th, 2004, 01:26
SLOWWW!!!! =(

I do not think they would keep the output the same as the RS6, it would not make any sense since the W12 which is slated to come to the states is almost the same.

We all know the transmission and cooling are the factors holding back the RS6's output. With a much larger engine bay and front end they cooling problem sould be easily solved. The transmission sould be all worked out by then as well, I doubt a DSG but a much stronger autobox.

With those problems solved, I could see the S8 having somewhere around 500hp and 500ftlbs. Which IMO, would make it one of the fastest luxobarges, especially with the ASF body helping with the weight. I have a hard time believing they will make an RS8....I hope I am wrong as I would love to have one. Although, if the A8 continues to sell well and get good reviews like it has been who knows.

If they do make it, I belive it will be the Bentley GT motor with a little more power. Just my thoughts on the subjuct.:rs6kiss: :D

Cheers,

icefire069
August 15th, 2004, 00:44
Recent magazine just stated that the S8 will carry the Gallardo which will be detuned...

absent
August 15th, 2004, 13:27
Originally posted by icefire069
Recent magazine just stated that the S8 will carry the Gallardo which will be detuned...
Would'nt make any sense, detuned Gallardo engine with its relatively low torque and less power then the donor,would make the S8 a slower car then the W12 by a big margin.

John Quinlan
August 16th, 2004, 16:02
According to Auto Zeitung, German Auto Mag, a recent artical showed the redesigned RS6. Freaking Awsome. They are mentioning a V10 500 horse engine that will be shared by the new S8.

Erik
August 16th, 2004, 16:06
This picture?

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/462/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/503 :0:

John Quinlan
August 16th, 2004, 16:17
Gorgeous!

BBGT2
August 18th, 2004, 18:01
What I had heard from an Audi Rep. is that all S models will have naturally aspirated motors and all RS models will be blown, how true that is we will have to wait and see, we all know Audi is good for changing their minds rather quickly and with no notice.
If the S8 comes with the V10 from the Gallardo it will be mine for sure, if it comes with the RS6 motor (which i loved) I dont think I will buy it, I personally think that the RS6 engine would not be a good choice for that big of a car unless they up the power to say 550HP/500+ torque or more, but that is just my opinion. I took a small road trip about 500 miles with my brothers new A8L and was throughly amazed with the smoothness of the car, I averaged 105mph and got back 21.3 mpg which I was amazed with. The car is so damn luxurious, enough cannot be said about it. However the upcoming S8 is every bit gorgeous as I expected unless Audi decides to change alot of things.
It just boggles my mind why Audi would put out a motor like the RS6 with 450HP when it can easily handle 550 from the factory, not to sound like a wining child I do miss my RS but it feels like Audi likes to play catch up with everyone, I personally would never by an MB, E55 etc, but come on Audi why would you want to be equal with all the rest of the world, time for them to wake up and kick some butt and have everyone trying to catch them. I probably will get some flack from alot of guys regarding this post but had to throw it in there just for good conversation !

Bajo
:addict: :addict:

Finnus
August 18th, 2004, 18:08
Bajor,

I agree with your comments on "Audi stop playing catch-up" - lets get ahead of the curve - I'm hoping Audi does it with the new RS4.

Regarding the RS6 engine in the S8 - isn't the weight of the A8L w12 pretty close to that of the RS6? So why not the RS6 engine?

Finnus

:addict:

BBGT2
August 18th, 2004, 18:49
Finnus,

You are probably right about the weight, it just maybe the car feels enormous and maybe that made me come up to my conclusion like I said I could be wrong. But... like we said why doesnt Audi just come up with something to rock the whole autom. world with sheer Audi-Quattro raw power, My bro's SL600 I just had chipped and that thing has 745ft lbs of torque.

Bajo:addict:

Benman
August 21st, 2004, 21:52
Originally posted by Bajors6

If the S8 comes with the V10 from the Gallardo it will be mine for sure, if it comes with the RS6 motor (which i loved) I dont think I will buy it, I personally think that the RS6 engine would not be a good choice for that big of a car unless they up the power to say 550HP/500+ torque or more, but that is just my opinion.
Bajo
:addict: :addict:
Bajo:cheers:

The only problem with the Gallardo motor is it's low on torque and better suited to a (relatively) lower weight vehicle such as the Gallardo or Le Mans. With the S8 likely weighting 4200 lbs+ it would be better to have a motor with torque characteristics such as the RS 6 motor. Just my 2 pennies.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

nyrs6
August 24th, 2004, 16:23
I read some where once. That audi said that all the new S's will be just engine and suspension changes and the RS will have engine and suspension and body changes.

absent
August 24th, 2004, 22:11
I too,got tired waiting for Audi to finally get ahead of the competition ,instead of just playing catch-up.
After driving Audis for 15 years,I just gave up and switched to MBs but would go back in an instant if they make a killer S/RS8.