PDA

View Full Version : 15,000 mile service

Aronis
August 11th, 2004, 15:49
Hi all,

I was reading in the manual the list of things for the 15,000 mile service

Anyone have it done yet and how long did they need the car?

How invasive to clean the downpipes etc..

Mike

Benman
August 11th, 2004, 16:30
Had it done. Only took the one day (told them to take their time and had a loner).:0:
Ben:addict:

Aronis
August 11th, 2004, 16:36
I hope to get an A6 4.2 loaner, my wife is due for a new car, so if they are smart they will give us that one......

Mike

nene
August 11th, 2004, 17:24
I had it done too, about 2 months ago or so!
They kept the car overnight, as the only 2 techs that can do RS6 work were busy with a new A8, and the RS6 did not get touched until afternoon.
During the process, since mine was the first 15K mile service, there were a couple of parts that were not in stock. They were sent overnight, and the next day the car was ready for pickup.

Not so sure they clean the DPs from the inside however. That would take some time I'd imagine.

Nonetheless, car is running great, as usual. I did not get a loaner, since I have another car to use. My GF goes with me to drop the car off, and takes me back home to pick the other car. Waiting 2-3 weeks for a loaner was not in my plans. I'd rather drive a CLK 430 convertible then the Hondas they usually give us as loaners.

Here's other posts:
JAX RS6 15K service (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3131&highlight=15K+mile)

Benman
August 12th, 2004, 01:49
Originally posted by nene

During the process, since mine was the first 15K mile service, there were a couple of parts that were not in stock. They were sent overnight, and the next day the car was ready for pickup.

[/URL]
That reminds me. It's good to call ahead and MAKE sure they know all that is involved with the service before bringing in the Beast. You'd be suprised. Heck, when I first called mine in they didn't even know it was supposed to get the 15K on the RS 6. Seemed AOA forget to memo them. At that point I went through all the items with them so everything would be there at the dealer by the time I brought my car in.:cheers:
Ben:addict: