PDA

View Full Version : Thought On Upcoming Rs4!

5000S old skool
August 10th, 2004, 16:04
Ok, so everyone knows about the rumors of the RS4 being a 4.2 V8 Biturbo. However, there are also those of us who think that the 4.2 V8 Biturbo is impossible to fit in the B6 engine bay. Yet, there are many sources that say Audi will make all S models naturally aspirated and RS models force inducted....

Ok, so heres my point, there are certain aftermarket companies coming out with superchargers for the B6 S4...could it be that the next RS4 will be 4.2 V8 supercharged!?!?:MTM: :rs4addict

...just a thought.. please post any of your thoughts... could i be wrong, could i be right?:MTM: :rs4addict

tailpipe
August 10th, 2004, 19:24
I don't know for sure about this, but I think the RS4 will simply have a more powerful version of the existing naturally aspirated 4.2 V8. Nordschliefe says elsewhere that this engine has much more potential. Maybe as much as 400-420 bhp.

As reported in the UK magazine, Auto Express, Audi has apparently redesigned the engine bay of the A4 in order to move the engine slightly further back, thus improving overall weight distribution. This may have liberated additional space that is sufficient for a turbocharger/ supercharger equipment.

We can all stop speculating soon as the cart will be seen at the Paris Autoshow in about a month's time. Although the new RS4 won't appear until March at Geneva, the revised A4 should provide quite a lot of clues.

Can't wait...

RS4Ever
August 11th, 2004, 06:06
hey tailpipe,

is the geneva show in march 2005?

and will the A4 / S4 be shown there?

I really appreciate your info.

thanks

tailpipe
August 11th, 2004, 17:17
Yes, Geneva show is in March 2005. We should definitely see revised A4, S4 and RS4 models there.

We should also get to see the new A6 Avant (Estate). Given Audi's desire to pee on BMW's firework, we could even see a concept version of the next RS6 in a bid to exclipse the launch of the new BMW M5.

Then of course, there is the rumoured S8 and possible hot versions of the new A3, which could also put in a surprise appearrance.

Whatever cars Audi ultimately showcases, the company definitely intends to demonstrate its commitment to developing more sporting and high performance cars.

If Audi reads this, please let us have another glimpse of the Le Mans, new TT and Nuvolari?

See you at the show...

RS4Ever
August 12th, 2004, 02:14
cool thanks.