PDA

View Full Version : HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED IN CF HOOD?

audirs6sport
August 7th, 2004, 00:27
I've spoke with visracing and they are willing to produce a carbon fiber hood for the rs6 if there is a minimum of 25 orders for the same hood. My guess is that the a6, s6, rs6 hood are the same for 2002 & up. The price would be around 500-600 dollar range (OEM hood). Please let me know if you guys are interested so I can get this going. Thx guys.

JP4
August 7th, 2004, 00:52
The A6 (6 cylinder) hood is a different shape then the S6/RS6 hood. The A6 4.2 hood should be the same as the S6 & RS6.

audirs6sport
August 7th, 2004, 01:17
yes, sorry forgot to mention that.

gjg
August 7th, 2004, 12:21
what would be the weight difference? Stock is Alu.

gg

:idea:

Voicesurfr
August 7th, 2004, 17:06
Would it have any special venting for heat removal?

audirs6sport
August 7th, 2004, 21:09
if someone came up with a really good design that would look fantastic on our cars, then we can add vents and stuff like that. But other than that, it's gonna be oem look. as far as weight, i dunno exactly because the hood hasn't even been made yet!!! but i would say if there's any part u want to replace with cf, this would definetely be worth it. the reason being, because of the way the hood and trunks configuration, it adds more weight than fenders or 1/4 panel would.

gregoryindiana
August 7th, 2004, 22:45
I thought I saw a photo of the hood on the Champion RS6 cars. They are probably carbon fiber, have venting for heat removal right up and over the windshield.

Also, they get plenty of fresh air right to the airbox.

audirs6sport
August 19th, 2004, 08:24
i've just recieved a reply from champion racing and they stated that their hood is aluminium with carbon fibre louvres to help cooling. not a full carbon fiber hood. :(

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

teamimola/rs6
April 11th, 2006, 05:21
im in pacific palisades ca, la area and i would be interested in the hood. is it still ongoing. i am teamimola from the audiworld forums. if you want do a search and check the ride. i can even go to vis for test fitting

chutia
April 11th, 2006, 18:17
Thanks indeed for working on this option.

I may be interested (located in the USA), but only if the design would result in better heat venting, be structurally at least as rigid as the OEM, (obviously) uses the same hood release mechanism as the OEM. Finally, what about painting it to exactly match the existing color ("operator issue" I would think).

jgun81
April 11th, 2006, 19:38
I am interested in CF hood if it has vents. MTM hood is too ugly to put on. :(

chutia
April 11th, 2006, 19:42
jgun81-
Greetings. Interesting. You are located in S Korea. In your rather hot climate, how does this car run? How is Audi dealership service and knowledge there? I'm located in Arizona, USA, which has a VERY hot climate.

TaTaPiRaTa
April 11th, 2006, 20:32
Hmmm....

I may be interested (located in the Europe), but only if the design would result in better heat venting, be structurally at least as rigid as the OEM, (obviously) uses the same hood release mechanism as the OEM.
I can paint it locally.

:addict:

Paldi
April 12th, 2006, 02:46
I'd be happy to become a distributer of the C/F hood, with and without scoups or vents. I'm on the East Coast.

This is a terriffic product. Think about it, better cooling, less weight, and you can leave the stock hood protected in the loft area of your garage!

jgun81
April 13th, 2006, 07:00
Originally posted by chutia
jgun81-
Greetings. Interesting. You are located in S Korea. In your rather hot climate, how does this car run? How is Audi dealership service and knowledge there? I'm located in Arizona, USA, which has a VERY hot climate.

Hello, chutia.
I've never had "limp mode" problem last 2 years, but that time I was in upstate NY. I shipped my car oversea, and haven't yet driven it in summer time in Korea. It gets hotter than upstate NY, so that's why I want to get a hood with vents to help cooling.

chutia
April 13th, 2006, 16:35
Thanks for your respopnse, jgun81.
You are absolutely a brave man shipping this trouble-fraught car to S Korea, but perhaps they have better dealerships and technicians than Audi has in the US.

What is "limp mode?"

jgun81
April 14th, 2006, 03:09
Originally posted by chutia
Thanks for your respopnse, jgun81.
You are absolutely a brave man shipping this trouble-fraught car to S Korea, but perhaps they have better dealerships and technicians than Audi has in the US.

What is "limp mode?"

Limp mode = Power loss
I heard this happens when it's hot and the engine oil reaches certain temperature.

dwarfboy
April 14th, 2006, 10:10
Especially if it has attractive hood vents.

trex
April 14th, 2006, 15:57
very interested, I'M IN

Paldi
April 14th, 2006, 19:04
http://www.e46shop.de/haube01.jpg

Elegant, yet full of holes. :-)