PDA

View Full Version : Revised 2005 A4 - More than just a facelift

tailpipe
August 6th, 2004, 20:14
Audi UK have just announced in a Press Release published in this week's Auto Express that the revised 2005 A4 will be more than just a facelift. While every body panel except the roof has been changed, the really important change is that the engines have been moved back 4 cm. This doesn't sound much, but will certainly improve weight distribution and thus the dynamic characterstics of the car. The suspension has been completely reworked too. The car's dynamics are unlikely to equal the RWD handling characteristics and 50:50 weight balance of the 3-Series, but are expected to make the A4 a much more fliud performer. In paractical terms, the steering should be better and the S4 should chew-up less rubber when run hard. This must surely bode well for the S4 and RS4 variants. :0: :race:

RS4Ever
August 6th, 2004, 21:04
hey thanks for the info tailpipe.
i've been wanting and waiting long to hear some good news for a long time.

so will this new and improved A4/S4/Rs4 model be out in the begining of 2005 or late 2005?

here in the states, the dealerships already have the 2005 S4's however they are the same exact S4's like the 2004's.

i hate that the dealers always bring in 2005 models when its still 2004. it gets me confused when i ask about models (such as now.. heh)

RS4Ever
August 9th, 2004, 18:47
i got an email back from a salesman who answered part of my question. according to the salesman.. the newer A4 models are to look something like this.
says that it will look more like the A3.
it looks like it is on its way to be the whole "open-mouth" grill.. but still isnt.
sorry the pics are small. thats how i got them.

RS4Ever
August 9th, 2004, 18:53
and the second......

tailpipe
August 10th, 2004, 10:57
We'll get new A4 model here in Europe before Christmas and in UK about January, if not before. I expect the new S4 will be available in the USA by April. It should arrive before the next new model year because BMW is about to launch new 3-Series and Audi wants its new A4 out in the open before then.

The new 2005 RS4, which I have ordered, will have all new A4 changes including new grille, and is due to debut at the Geneva 2005 autoshow in March and go on sale shortly thereafter. I expect to get mine in April.

There are plenty of other pictures on this website of revised A4. Many are photoshop jobs, but we should start seeing pictures of the real thing very soon. It should be great.