PDA

View Full Version : Lowering RS6

Miami RS6
August 6th, 2004, 00:31
What is the best way to lower the RS6.....is it just springs or full suspension? Where can I buy these items?

Bauer
August 6th, 2004, 00:51
If you just put springs on the car, to my understanding it will work. However, the performance my suffer because you have to disconect the DRC. At least in the US. In europe quattro Gmbh sold different suspension packages from the factory. I would recommend doing the whole suspension for the best results. Here is a company that does extensive research and has a two car Speedvision A4 race team. They were also featured in an artical in European Car that was a 10 car shoot out of modified Audis. Their suspension set up was rated the higest. Plus, they are some of nicest people I have met.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/index.shtml

good luck

Miami RS6
August 6th, 2004, 01:14
Bauer-thanks, just contacted Stasis, they recently completed development on a fully adjustable system for the RS6.....$3,895.

Bauer
August 6th, 2004, 16:40
Good to hear. Their stuff is not the cheapest but I would venture to say it is some of the best out there and they stand by product and work. They also have a break set up which, I believe is 380 mm set up with Alcon 6 pot calipers. Again not the cheapest but you surely get what you pay for. I have talked with the owner and most of his staff pretty extensivily at 3 Audi club events and they are suspension and break geeks:D :D

Cheers

JAXRS6
August 6th, 2004, 20:08
Originally posted by Miami RS6
Bauer-thanks, just contacted Stasis, they recently completed development on a fully adjustable system for the RS6.....$3,895.

I just called them, too. It's brand new, has yet to go onto an RS6, and Ryan in sales says they should know a lot more in about 30 days.

Ryan says adjustability includes comfort vs. performance, with ranges of either going beyond stock, but car should remain flat even in comfort mode. Adjusting for firmness is done under front fenders after turning wheels, and is a bit trickier for rear wheels (you must reach above them).

Height adjustment is accomplished by turning a nut on the damper body of the system's coilover shocks, front and rear. Change is about 1/8" of height for each turn, Ryan said; can lower car an inch & have range of one inch. But they've been working so far with the A6 and the B6 S4, and springs/coilovers have yet to be specified for the RS6; so, this apparently is a system still in development.

Ryan also said the DRC system would have to be disabled, but its effects will remain in their new system. Hooking the DRC back up for stock, he said, would require a trip to the dealer.

I don't know if any of this is a good idea; I'm just passing it on. But the idea of making the RS6 ride more compliant does appeal to me, especially when I'm in lumpy ol' Michigan.:incar: :trash: :incar:

PS -- I think I recall an earlier post in which someone said the RS6 already is lowered & can't easily be lowered more.

audirs6sport
August 8th, 2004, 10:13
I wouldn't think the stasis new setup would be any better than the DRC system on the RS6. going full stiff around race track would work fine, but on streets like canyon road, you want the outer wheel to be stiff and inner to be softer around the corner; which is exactly what DRC offers.

carlos
August 9th, 2004, 17:42
Well have not put a post in a while, my 2 cents. Clearly no springs waste of money. I have been for two months now in coilover pss9 ( statis was not avail )Here is my exper. ::
a- First the weight of car is hadle better than stock a lot less body rolling.
b- Even though i am running 20" wheels i have the susp. in the most confor. setup and it is stiff but great for daily driving.
I can asure you i do not miss the DRC
CESAhttp://