PDA

View Full Version : Did you chip your RS6?

Erik
August 3rd, 2004, 19:48
An easy question.

Did you chip your RS6 yet?

You votes are anonymous but if you like you're more than welcome the tell us why you did or did not chip it.

LIRS6
August 3rd, 2004, 20:49
No - and the more I read, the less inclined I am to do so; I don't want to screw around and possibly void the warranty. I am already very pleased with the power that the car has.:thumb:

ricky71370
August 3rd, 2004, 21:49
yes i did, and only because the dealer said they would grant my warranty if the chipping and modifications would go thru them...:addict: :D :thumb: :deal: :deal:

ricky

SpinEcho
August 3rd, 2004, 22:20
Did they put this in writing?

No chips on mine. I keep throwing all my mod money at the Corrado...

Erik
August 3rd, 2004, 22:23
I actually chipped my 2.7T with the same agreement as Ricky has - no paper's signed.
When I had a problem (water leakage etc.) they covered the cost.

iconcls
August 4th, 2004, 00:21
The thing that is so maddening is, stateside, dealer's attitudes towards warranty and mods varies enormously.

I would not expect a dealer to foot the bill for a repair that can be directly attributed to the tuning, but many dealers in the US will not warranty anything drivetrain related--and then some--post mod.

I'm currently stock, but if I do tune, I will be upfront with and consult my dealer to see which chip they would feel most comfortable with to keep my warranty, as much as possible, intact.

ricky71370
August 4th, 2004, 03:59
not in writting, but trustworthy..

Ricky

Rs6s4
August 4th, 2004, 10:45
yes I did
because many MB E55 around, plus many other super cars, so need to keep up with:addict:

iconcls
August 4th, 2004, 12:48
Originally posted by ricky71370
not in writting, but trustworthy..

I'd be very surprised if you found any dealer in the US that would state such in writing. Handshake would be good enough for me from a dealer I have established a relationship with; I'm envious of your situation.