PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Brakes

Lars E
August 2nd, 2004, 14:55
Hello.

I am a owner of a Audi S4 (B5) and im thinking of installing RS6 brakes.

How are the performance? Are they like porsche GT2 brakes? MOVIT? etc.. ?

:s4addict: --> :addict:

Bauer
August 2nd, 2004, 18:41
They may be ok with the S4, But with the RS6 being a heavier car, the breaks can have a difficult time of it with extended track use. If you do not plan to track the car then they should be fine. The breaks tend to overheat and crack the pads. Also, you should know the stock pads and rotors are very expensive to replace. The replacement costs on some aftermarket breaks, most likely would be less expensive. As far as feel and overall performance. I have been pretty happy with them. For street they work great and have a wonderful feel to them, on the track they work fine but there are probably better set ups. Movit or Alcon possibly. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

SpinEcho
August 2nd, 2004, 19:24
Originally posted by Lars E
Hello.

I am a owner of a Audi S4 (B5) and im thinking of installing RS6 brakes.

How are the performance? Are they like porsche GT2 brakes? MOVIT? etc.. ?

:s4addict: --> :addict:

Don't do it! There are far better options. For starters, you want brakes that have been matched to your car, and the RS6 brakes are not. As others have pointed out, the RS6 brakes are not up to the task of repeated high-speed decelerations or track work.

In addition to the usual suspects, may I suggest you try www.stoptech.com. They make a kit sized specifically for your car, and their website is a cornucopia of useful information on braking theory and applications. I have a set of their brakes on my Corrado, and they are superb. They are also relatively inexpensive.

Lars E
August 2nd, 2004, 23:00
Tnx for the help!

i probaly will buy the alcon or Gt2 calipper