PDA

View Full Version : Farewell dear Beast

BBGT2
July 28th, 2004, 20:10
Well boys and girls I have decided to let the Muegello Monster go and traded her in on a 2002 Porsche GT2.
It wasnt easy to part but after driving the GT2 home for the night I knew that was it.
So if anyone wants her PM and I will tell you where she can be found.
It's pretty funny and my family thought I was nuts for trading her right after I had just got the OCT chip and Milltek exhaust but then again the GT2 came into the picture and made it all a blurr.
I hope you guys will still let me hang around because I still have my brothers S8 which is now mine after he decided to get a SL600 and now the S8 will be the daily driver.
Good luck to all of you and may your RS6's serve you as you see fit.

Bajo:addict:

PS. AS far as I am concerned the RS6 is still in my mind one of the worlds best vehicles available. Audi sure has come along way from the UrS4/S6 days.
:thumb:

Erik
July 28th, 2004, 21:38
A GT2 is always nice, certainly not :boring:
Just don't forget it doesn't have any ESP or any other help.
You are more than welcome to stay around here. Love to see pictures of the GT2 as soon as possible. Either e-mail me or use the gallery.
And thanks a lot for the contribution to the forum last week.
I hope the RS6.com stickers find their way to the GT2 and let the new owner of your RS6 know about this place as well.
:thumb:

Well, I'm off to Paris for a few days. Have a nice one. I hope I will. :king:

nyrs6
July 28th, 2004, 22:32
we should make this a RS6/GT2 forum :D

its not the only GT2 on the board.

sturs6
July 28th, 2004, 22:52
Bajor it has been a pleasure to have you around the boards. Thanks for all you have done. I too can not wait to see the pictures.
-Stuart:addict:

SpinEcho
July 29th, 2004, 01:11
Yeah - pix, please! And driving impressions, too.

No-one can fault you for such an excellent choice of a replacement car (or your daily driver, for that matter).

krm
July 29th, 2004, 02:37
Getting a Porsche certainly seems to be a natural progression after owning a car such as the RS6. Congrats on your GT2, and please share pics if you have a chance.

:cheers:

Klint
July 29th, 2004, 11:55
Those second hand/slightly used GT2s are irresistible at the price they are offered at after the first owner, some real good performance deals to be found in this area. Same with the 550/575 from Ferrari.

The GT2 is an all out race car for the road and is a car that is a great weapon on the track.

Enjoy the car, Bajo, shame the RS6 had to go, but it's for the better ;). (GT2!!!)

Looking forward to some pics and some more details about the specs.

Your a valuable asset of the board, so stick around for sure. :thumb:

Nordschleife
July 29th, 2004, 12:22
Hi

Do take care with the GT2 at the limit. it turns from pussycat to tiger real fast! Seriously, a great many have been destroyed at the track in Germany because, like the F360 for example, it is very unpredictable at the limit . Because it is so well behaved up until that point, many drivers are lulled into a false sense of security.

There is a school of thought which believes that there is too great a change in rear wheel alignment as the car goes on and off power, inducing big changes in driving behaviour. The cure for this aspect of its behaviour is inimicable with driving on comparatively poor road surfaces. To be fair to Porsche, the company claims that they have addressed this problem as it manifested itself in earlier models, however, empirical evidence would suggest otherwise and the better GT2 tuners do (at huge expense) address this behavioural characteristic.

To long time Porsche drivers, this sort of quirk is like an old friend!

R+C

JAXRS6
July 29th, 2004, 15:21
Swapping an RS6 for a GT2 seems to me almost a compliment to the RS6. If you had gone to an E55 it might be interpreted differently.

Has anyone done that -- RS6 for E55?

BBGT2
July 30th, 2004, 23:05
Well thank you for the very nice words and advice from all of you.
Erik yes thank you I got the stickers and they are cool.
One of them is already on the S8 and one will be put on the GT 2 next week, I will post the pics of the two of them.
Driving impression of the GT2........ wholly beejesus that thing is ferociously fast, I instantly fell in love with that power when I road tested it. The way I got it is pretty funny, my brother was looking at a SL 600 and the GT2 and decided on the SL 600 which is no slouch at all even though I was trying to convince him to buy the GT2 over the SL. He found the GT2 pretty hard to drive everyday and decided the SL would be better suited for him. Well when wewent to pick up his SL the dealer got another GT2 which was optioned out different from the one we drove, this one had carbon fiber (like my RS6) aluminum trip and just looked better than the plain jane one we drove, and he (my brother) said oh just get it already and the dealers owner with his help persuaded me to take it because he was giving me what I wanted for my RS6 trade in. And the rest is histiry as they say, cannot get enough of driving the GT2 and I have experienced what Nordschleife was talking about "the limit" she will bite back like the old 930/911 Turbos of yester year. But honestly there I havent been able to appreciate the full power because the thing is just that fast that nailing her in 2nd gear you are about 110 mph at redline and have to slow her down because I am running out of room. Sure do miss my Muegello Monster though she was special. S8 is keeping me somewhat sane at everyday driving just because I love the way Audi's quattro handles and feels on the road.
Again thanks for the nice words and I will be checking the boards as frequently as before I have met good people here and value their opinions even though sometimes I didnt agree with them 100%, that's what an opinion is a person's voice.
Will be taking pics of the GT2 this weekend and hopefully get my Casio to "talk" to my pc on monday cause she will not do it know.
All the best to all here,

BBGT2
July 30th, 2004, 23:06
Oh I forgot,

My brother still wont race me with his SL600, :confused:
Doesnt matter we share our cars its no biggie, I wont race him if I am driving the SL, he is a madman when he gets behind the wheel of the GT.

Jack
July 31st, 2004, 03:16
Enjoy the GT2 -- it's a great machine. Just drive it with respect!Btw, I'd recommend you consider the factory sport buckets that Porsche installs as standard equipment into the ROW GT2's. Those seats truly enhance the driving experience. :D

http://jackspictures.com/images/GT2/GT2%20Sport%20Buckets.jpg

sturs6
August 2nd, 2004, 17:03
Originally posted by Jack
Btw, I'd recommend you consider the factory sport buckets that Porsche installs as standard equipment into the ROW GT2's. Those seats truly enhance the driving experience. :D

Will they fit in the RS6.:mech: :D

Benman
August 4th, 2004, 15:20
Bajo:cheers:
Sorry to hear you'll no longer be enjoying the Beast (But the GT2 should more than make up for it!:D ). Completely different cars for different purposes. Looking forward to the pics.

Keep in touch with us guys here on the forum.:cheers:
Ben:addict: