PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new BMW. Sporty Space Shuttle (SC 5)

Erik
July 25th, 2004, 19:50
Pics:

http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/d/64474
Also note the M6 (with 550 hp) and some other interesting concepts.

Article (German)
http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/d/64372

jonas_dg
July 26th, 2004, 03:02
BMW should really start considering sacking that Chris Bangle dude, or what's his name?
The one who did the restyling. He ruined most of the models IMHO. And it looks like he's not going to stop.
Sad really....

Audihead
July 26th, 2004, 15:39
Originally posted by jonas_dg
BMW should really start considering sacking that Chris Bangle dude, or what's his name?
The one who did the restyling. He ruined most of the models IMHO. And it looks like he's not going to stop.
Sad really....

Adrian Van Hooydonk & Chris Bungle, They have destroyed a once proud brand. The mechanicals are still there but the styling looks like S**T! Lastly, the thing that really gets me is, they're so arrogant about it all. Saying if we don't like it, we don't get it. That's bull, if we don't like it, we don't buy it. Then they'll be out of a job. Screw 'em!

:s4addict: -Audihead

BigCountry
July 27th, 2004, 01:17
Originally posted by Audihead
Adrian Van Hooydonk & Chris Bungle, They have destroyed a once proud brand. The mechanicals are still there but the styling looks like S**T! Lastly, the thing that really gets me is, they're so arrogant about it all. Saying if we don't like it, we don't get it. That's bull, if we don't like it, we don't buy it. Then they'll be out of a job. Screw 'em!

Well said. I've heard so many mixed things about BMW sales recently, I just don't know what to believe, but the majority rumor is that sales are going into a nice slump for BMW. the new Z4's are apparently are esspecially difficult to get off the lot, and without the new M's on the horizon, i don't know where they'd be heading.

Anyways,
cheers,

gabeyung
July 29th, 2004, 12:13
looks like its the cleaned up version for the 5s and 7s
looks better than before IMO

Klint
July 29th, 2004, 15:59
Hideous.

A problem BMW has is how to improve on the 1990's range of BMWs and build cars that'll take BMW into the new millenium.

The BMWs of the '90s are so damn good that it's hard to do it again with new designs and a new era. They seriously are struggling to do create such a success again IMHO.

Edit:

I remember reading that BMWs priority is to bring new people to the BMW brand, who haven't experienced the BMW brand before, now what this leaves is what do the current owners do?....I can see how they have successfully accomplished bringing in new people to the brand, but at the cost of the 'old timer' fans.

I'd be interested in seeing the levels of Brand Loyalty towards BMW over the last ten years.

Audihead
July 29th, 2004, 16:15
Originally posted by Klint
I'd be interested in seeing the levels of Brand Loyalty towards BMW over the last ten years. [/B]

Well Klint, you can start with me. I thought i would be driving a BMW for life. Finding and working my way up to a model i liked, then sticking with it through the changes. Well here it is and 6 years later and i can't stand the direction the company is going. Now i drive an Audi and i am happy as hell.