PDA

View Full Version : How often do you see the ESP light flash?

rs6_newyork
July 23rd, 2004, 17:27
Once a day, a week, a month, less often?

EVO magazine said of their long term test RS6 that the office cheered if someone came back from a trip and said they got the ESP light flashing...

nene
July 23rd, 2004, 17:32
I have never seen it flash!
I think this means that I have not pushed the car hard enough, albeit I'd beg to differ!

Hy Octane
July 23rd, 2004, 17:36
Not Sure.. I dont seeem to be able to take my eyes off the road long enuff to look during the type of fast cornering that would set it off!!

Bauer
July 23rd, 2004, 18:21
half a dozen maybe a few more when wet out:hahahehe:

JAXRS6
July 23rd, 2004, 21:14
Maybe 2-3 times when dry, 6-8 times when wet. More often before I had wiring harness replaced; apparently the old harness was causing the ECM to throw false fault codes. I'm at 23,500 miles.

eph94
July 24th, 2004, 20:23
I don't even recall seeing it flash on dry pavement, but spirited acceleration in the wet will get it to flash every single time. I now sometimes turn off the ESP on wet pavement just so I can induce some tailwagging fun (as long as no other cars are approaching on the highway as I enter from a stop). It's so cool feeling the quattro straighten out the car too.

rs6_newyork
July 24th, 2004, 20:31
I asked the question but never answered .. before chipping, it was very difficult to make ESP flash without throwing the car purposely about.

I think that is partly because of the turbo spool-up.. no matter how suddenly you step on the gas, you are always "rolling on" to the power.

After a chip, you can pretty much make it flash over the whole of 1st gear by flooring it from 0 to 50mph.

audirs6sport
July 24th, 2004, 20:40
no flashing, always keep it "off" =) :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

rs6w
July 25th, 2004, 08:59
Depends on how many times I do a sharp turn under throttle.

I maybe got the ESP light to flash once on my S6. I can do it at the drop of the hat with the RS...

Benman
July 26th, 2004, 15:17
Originally posted by nene
I have never seen it flash!
I think this means that I have not pushed the car hard enough, albeit I'd beg to differ!
You don't know what your missing!:D
Ben:addict:

JaXx
July 29th, 2004, 22:31
never seen it either , it's always off :D

jon
August 2nd, 2004, 17:21
Every day since I bought it 3 days ago!:wo: