PDA

View Full Version : 2004 A8L

BBGT2
July 22nd, 2004, 20:48
Anyone know if it is possible to somehow be able to watch DVD movies with the Nav. plus that is in the 04 A8L.

Thank you,

Bajo:addict:

nene
July 22nd, 2004, 21:19
You can watch DVD movies on the Nav+ on the RS6.

Here are some good links for you work with:
<a href="http://forums.bostonaudi.org/viewtopic.php?t=4056"> Nav+ install and some other stuff</a>

<a href="http://www.tvwiz.net/navigation/"> Full Nav+ information site</a>

It seems that AvalonMotorSports wants almost $3KUSD for the full system. However, with a bit of luck, you might get it online for about $1KUSD. It's a pretty easy install, so I'm told.

Nordschleife
July 22nd, 2004, 21:22
Bajo
As standard, the TV tuner in the MMI system will only handle analogue signals. In Europe there is an option which allows the system to process digital feeds. This would be the way to play DVDs on the front screen. The RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) package is based on Alpine technology and is designed to handle DVDs.

R+C

BBGT2
July 22nd, 2004, 21:36
:applause:

Guys,

Thank you very much for all of your info and speediness as well:0:

I will check out the sites and keep my fingers crossed.
It is my brothers new car and he is also in the middle of a deal about purchasing a 03 996 TT PES tuned to 600 HP, I guess he is tired of getting spanked by the beast while he is in his S8, which BTW is now mine as a daily driver. Aint life great?

Bajo:addict:

TheBrit
July 23rd, 2004, 09:04
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Bajo
As standard, the TV tuner in the MMI system will only handle analogue signals. In Europe there is an option which allows the system to process digital feeds.
I assume that the auxilliary AV inputs are either standard connectors (S-video, composite or whatever) or can easily be broken out of a multi-pin connector with a suitable breakout cable?

That being the case, it should be possible to just buy a 12v DVD player from a motor parts stockist and find somewhere with 12v available to mount it and hook it up as an AV input.