PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - How to fit Spacers?

NWRS6
July 15th, 2004, 07:09
Quick question:

If you look at the picture, is the curved side (shown )of the H&R spacer supposed to face the back of the wheel, or should it face away from the back of the wheel? The other side of the spacer is completely flat.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nene
July 15th, 2004, 14:05
I can't say for sure, but when I had 5mm spacers on the S4, I had the flat side of the spacer face the back side of the wheel.

The hub (part attached to the car) wall is sort of a bit curvy. Not much but a little. So, if I put the flat side of the spacer against it, the spacer would not go in entirely. So, using the indented side in first, it would fit just fine.

To conclude, if you were working with the driver's side wheel, the indented side would face the engine, and the flat side of the spacer would face you.

Pronto.

NWRS6
July 15th, 2004, 16:02
That's what I thought. The tire shop installed the spacers backwards and hence, may be a contributing factor to the vibration I am feeling.

I was looking at the stock Audi wheels and back of the wheels are slightly curved/indented. Gonna reverse the spacers and see if that helps the vibration I feel at 80 km/h

Cheers

Nam