PDA

View Full Version : Pic: Facelifted A4

Erik
July 14th, 2004, 12:42
The front seems to be photoshopped on the Avant.
But the sedan is probalby for real.

Looks a bit more agressive than before. The S4 will look awesome!

http://speed.supercars.net/boardpics/2004-6-7/2414427-groupba.jpg

tailpipe
July 14th, 2004, 20:12
Erik, well done again!

Good job on getting this scoop. It is amazing how the new grille changes the character of the car. It looks very different. Not worse, not better, just different. Anyway, I am starting to get used to it now; although it looks much more integral to the overall design than it does on the A8 W12, I think we're going to have to wait until the new TT, Nuvolari and Le Mans models come along before we can say it's beautiful.

I supsect that the front lights on the revised A4 won't be quite as aggressive looking as they are here and that the upward slant caused by the front bumper moulding may be reduced on the production version - the bumper seems to overlap the headlamp cluster too much suggesting that this is a deliberate attempt to disguise the final shape - although this may be a photoshop job.

What is clear is that Audi are being very tight-lipped about the facelifted A4 range at the moment, probably to allow the new A6 to establish itself. I think the revisions will make what is an already good car even better. And you say, Erik, the S4 and RS4 versions should be electrifying.

Audi's styling is way ahead of BMW's. Let's hope the dynamics catch up too.

RS4Ever
August 3rd, 2004, 09:41
hehe.. very nice.
i like it.
you guys know so much.
i need as many people to answer this as possible:

can you tell me exactly when the facelfted A4's are going to come out in europe and in the states (preferably)?

and , can you tell me when the facelifted S4's will be out in europe and the states (preferably)?

are the S4's going to come out with the A4's or trail behind a bit in time?

the dealerships here in the states are already selling 2005 models of the S4 which are identical to the 2004's.

word of a salesman.. the A8L W12 will be out in December here in the states and the new A6 will be out in November in the states.

cut to the chase...
im very tempted to buy a 2004/05 S4 , however, how long will i have to wait until the new facelift comes out?

i've done many test drives on the 2004 S4 ... and i love it.

i really really hope that the new S4's (the kinds we still cant see) will have either the same engine sound or better (not that it needs to be better)... its all i want to hear.

please help me.. im confused

RS4Ever
August 4th, 2004, 16:25
any1 out there?

from the topgear website, the "coming soon" section..

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/cars_coming_soon/01/

Forthcoming models - Alfa Romeo to Bugatti
[05 July 2004]

Alfa Romeo 147 facelift - Late 2005

Alfa Romeo 157 - Late 2005

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - Late 2005

Alfa Romeo GTV - September 2005

Aston Martin DB9 Volante - October 2004

Audi A3 Sportback - September 2004

Audi A4 Coupe - 2005

Audi A4 facelift - September 2004

Audi S3 - 2005

Audi S6 - Winter 2005

Audi S8 - Early 2005

Audi Pikes Peak SUV - Winter 2005

Bentley Arnage W16 - Winter 2004

Bentley Continental four-door saloon - Late 2004

Bentley Continental GT saloon - Spring 2005

BMW 1-Series - September 2004

BMW 3-Series - Autumn 2005

BMW M6 - Late 2005

BMW M5 - Spring 2005

BMW 7-Series facelift - Spring 2005

Bugatti Veyron - Summer 2005

audifreak
August 8th, 2004, 14:16
-

Nordschleife
August 8th, 2004, 15:30
Originally posted by audifreak

did you knew that bentley and lamborghini are produced at the quattro gmbh in Neckarsulm and Ingolstadt, and that they are all from the audi company?

be very careful about what you say, if you are not 100% accurate lots of people will get the wrong idea!

Verstehen?

R+C