PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for M3 owners

Erik
July 13th, 2004, 08:00
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/63711

Babelfish translation:

BMW M3: Engines do not hold
Since numerous engines of the current BMWS M3-Baureihe von Motorschaeden are troubled, BMW improves the high-power engines on fair trading after.
Of that approximately 60,000 vehicles of the BMW M3, sold world-wide, type E46, BMW must approximately half to aftercare measures into the workshops zurueckbeordern.

With a first series after the introduction on the market the oil pumps were exchanged briefly, are exchanged with the still persisting subsequent action the kurbelwellenlagerschalen. All owners of the M3-Modelle concerned are written down directly by BMW.

sturs6
July 13th, 2004, 12:34
I was told yesterday that the M3 owners were offered an extended warrenty because of this problem for free.

Klint
July 13th, 2004, 14:00
Originally posted by sturs6
I was told yesterday that the M3 owners were offered an extended warrenty because of this problem for free.

Yeah, that's correct.

Most of this was due to a faulty design of one of the engine components (don't remember what exactly) but it affected a certain time slot of engine production, i think it was around 2001 an 2002 where the majority of the engines have failed due to this faulty part.