PDA

View Full Version : Servotronic Steering

Audihead
July 9th, 2004, 16:56
I've had my car for a week now and something is bothering me. The steering to be precise. The feel from the servotronic system is really weird. I know it weights up when you go fatster, but when i'm going slow then want to nail it around the corner it is too quick of a ratio. This is strange to get used to. My Bimmer had speed sensitive steering, but it was nothing like this. Has anyone else had to adjust to this or is something wrong? It just feels too easy and i seem to put too much input into the wheel.

:s4addict: -Audihead

nene
July 9th, 2004, 18:11
<a href="http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/146138.phtml">Click here for a starting point on your mod venture!</a>

Audihead
July 9th, 2004, 20:13
Nene, thanx for the info. Has anyone or you done this on a 2004 model of any type? This seems very promising, i wonder if the box is in the same place as on older cars or the ratio is the same.

:s4addict: -Audihead

nene
July 9th, 2004, 22:06
I have not done this on the RS6 as I did not find the steering to be half bad.
I do have a 2004 540i where it contains the drive assist system, and it's much lighter then the RS6. The bimmer has scared me a few times, but like everything else that is new and different, it's just a matter of time until you get used to it.