PDA

View Full Version : K40 Issues

JKN
July 9th, 2004, 16:11
I've had an issue with my K40 and I'm wondering if any of you have ever had this problem?

In the last 3-4 times that I've really stepped on the pedal, the K40 screams at me. When I take my foot off the pedal (in fear),
the K40 dies off and becomes silent again.

Any chance that there is something in the electronics of the car or the turbo (I'm purely speculating) that might cause the K40 to "go off"...

Anybody else have any theories? I haven't taken it back to the guy who installed, but I really liked his work... it may be some short or something???

:vhmmm:

Aronis
July 9th, 2004, 17:20
It's all in your mind, it really did not happen LOL..

That is an interesting question, I had interferance from my Sat Radio on my V1, so I turned K mu band off again and it's not been a problem.

By the way, where are you out side of Boston? I am heading up to Groton this weekend for a visit to family.

Mike

JKN
July 9th, 2004, 18:17
I'm not far from Groton.. just off rt 2... You coming into what will be an amazing weekend weather wise.... I'd go meet you for a cup of coffee, but my wifes friends are in town and I'm on the hook as "host" for the whole weekend.... :doh:

Hy Octane
July 9th, 2004, 19:35
Is he talking about the K-04's?

eph94
July 9th, 2004, 19:48
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Is he talking about the K-04's?

No, the K40 radar detector.

JKN
July 9th, 2004, 20:32
It's the K40 diffuser I'm talking about.

Here is the problem:

When I step on it big time, the laser detector goes nuts at high RPM.. then, when I let go of the pedal, it chills immediately. It is possible, I think, that the laser detector / jammer (located behind the lower grill right under the front plate - have to have the front plate in MA!) receives some electronic interference..

It is possible that the three times I have done this in the last month are where there is actually a laser, but I highly doubt it (based on my local knowledge).

Anybody else received interference of laser detectors at high rpm?

Any thoughts appreciated..

:vhmmm:

BlackRS6
July 9th, 2004, 21:48
I have the K40 installation you describe, but have never had that problem...Sorry I couldn't help.