PDA

View Full Version : Muhtha Fu*#$%......

gmbh6
July 4th, 2004, 03:21
Alright who was the one who told me that the RS6 wont powerslide because of the superior Quattro?!?

Almost ate it big time showing off.

Driving to my Mom's (Mum's for the UK crowd) and I see a convertible 360 Modena in Ferrari Red up ahead. I floor it and catch up. I slowly pass it (about 60 mph) and then give it a little gas.......he wont take the bait. We're coming up to a light and I try and slow down (even thought it's green) so we can catch the red together and have a little 0-60 or 80 or 90 run when the light goes green again. He wont have any of that either.

Actually he was doing his best not to look my way. He looked rather scared as if it wasn't his car. So we continue along now on a downhill with an upcoming fast sweeping left turn, exactly at the point where I need to turn right to get into my mom'z. Of course I scurry ahead and show off the Quattro's curving superiority.........hot diggity dog.....am I about to go over the center island with a slide.......YUP!......it lasted all of about an 1/8th of a second.....and then you feel the vibrato as the car goes into ESP nirvana, regrips and then launhes me right out. :wo:

I've taken a lot of fast corners but that was the most wicked. Thank heavens for Quattro. :addict:

audirs6sport
July 4th, 2004, 05:43
gotta love that feeling. i've experienced it quite often on the road =) :addict: :addict: :addict:

Klint
July 4th, 2004, 11:21
thcakid,

Great save! Well done!

Oversteery moments can be fun in the right environment. ;)

Erik
July 4th, 2004, 11:24
You should try without ESP. More fun! :addict:

JAXRS6
July 4th, 2004, 22:47
Originally posted by thcakid
Actually he was doing his best not to look my way. He looked rather scared as if it wasn't his car.

...or maybe he's already encountered an :rs6kiss: !

spg123
July 5th, 2004, 20:57
Good stuff, bro.
Until about a year ago the RS6 wasn't too popular in L.A., but it looks like it's catching up .. I already saw two RS6's bsides mine. Where did you get yours from? I got it from Beverly Hills Audi.

Bigman18
July 5th, 2004, 22:24
:rs6kiss: :addict: :rs6kiss:
If you realy want to have fun turn off the traction control!!!!

spg123
July 5th, 2004, 22:59
Originally posted by Bigman18
:rs6kiss: :addict: :rs6kiss:
If you realy want to have fun turn off the traction control!!!!

How do you do that? I was reading the manual and I couldn't find anything ...

JAXRS6
July 6th, 2004, 01:37
Originally posted by spg123
How do you do that? I was reading the manual and I couldn't find anything ...

Press the ESP button, which (in US cars at least) is on the top row of buttons in the center stack, left side. When you press it, a circle-shaped icon should light up in your tachometer. That means ESP is off. Press the button again and the icon goes away, indicating ESP is back on. In the alphabetical index at the back of the owner's manual, ESP is listed under Electronic Stabilization Program with three page numbers.

I've read often that even with the ESP switched off, some of the effect remains. In any case it did seem to help when I disengaged it for some 0-60 runs.:thumb:

spg123
July 6th, 2004, 02:12
Thanks!

gmbh6
July 6th, 2004, 21:20
Thanks for all the feedback

Actually I already took some of your advice and turned off the ESP in an empty business park over the weekend.

Holy Cow I gave myself whiplash in my side and back just dancing around and steering to re-gain control. The RS6 does not like to lose grip and when it does it quickly re-grips with a vengence.

WooooHoooo! :addict:

Benman
July 6th, 2004, 21:35
Originally posted by Erik
You should try without ESP. More fun! :addict:
I know I wasn't the one who told you the Beast won't power slide. The BEST is to find an empty lot when it's raining! Turn off ESP and have a BLAST!!!! Got to take mine up in the snow! Medium snowfall,
ESP off,
Summer tires,

LOTS A FUN!!!!!!!!!!!:addict: :addict: :addict:

gmbh6
July 8th, 2004, 02:23
Originally posted by Benman
I know I wasn't the one who told you the Beast won't power slide. The BEST is to find an empty lot when it's raining! Turn off ESP and have a BLAST!!!! Got to take mine up in the snow! Medium snowfall,
ESP off,
Summer tires,

LOTS A FUN!!!!!!!!!!!:addict: :addict: :addict:
Good advice Ben but you know it's gonna be a wait for rain in Southern California. Although there is a lot of morning mist near the coast. heheh. :incar: