PDA

View Full Version : This can't be good

Benman
June 30th, 2004, 20:51
This article brings up a good point.
http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02612566

How far will the dealer go to void warranty? Even the "santioned" events that the manufacter puts on may void warranties?!? Man that's messed up. That Subaru sends STI owners out info encouraging them to "track" their cars and then does not stand behind the warranty if something should go wrong is outrageous!!! Even Porsche makes the comment "if you track it all bets are off!" And they are the ultimate sports car. "Porsche, there is no substitute". Well unless you track it that is.

This could turn in to a serious problem for all of us. Our Audi events are not out of reach of this kind of pratice. Afterall, if Porsche can say that what's to stop Audi?:deal:

Ben:addict:

Audihead
June 30th, 2004, 21:44
Better check your insurance coverage as well. If you slide off into the weeds from a race track, chances are it won't be covered either. You may need a special rider on your policy for this. Track events also play havoc w/ your life insurace policys as well. If you die on the track they may not pay off. Just some food for thought.

:s4addict: -Audihead

gjg
July 2nd, 2004, 16:30
it seems that some of the companies are happily adopting the old communist maners.

Driving responsibly and taking care of your own problems (like mods and subsequent issue) is one thing, collecting data and basically spying on its own customers in name of potential warranty void goes little bit too far ...

puke:

Benman
July 6th, 2004, 00:58
Originally posted by gjg
Driving responsibly and taking care of your own problems (like mods and subsequent issue) is one thing, collecting data and basically spying on its own customers in name of potential warranty void goes little bit too far ...

puke:
Agreed. I think it was JJV (could be wrong) that said his dealer in florida would not cover pad issuses from an Audi event, yet mine did.

It got me thinking. The last time I was very upfront and informed them that I would be attending an Audi driving school (let's face it, this is NOT a racing school!) and they had no problems with that. The service department was informed that my pads were shot and that I would be needing a new front set. I know that other countries are not as lucky to have the U.S. warranty (we're spoiled) but it clearly states that ALL items, wearable or not (including pads and rotors) are taking care of free of charge.

Now you have Audi dealers that are informing their customers that if you attend an Audi event they (AOA and the dealer) will not pay for worn pads? I'm a little confused. Last time I checked, EVERY SINGLE Audi sold in this country comes with the paperwork to join the Audi Club Of America. So why push the club only to later tell the members that they will not cover issuses that may come up with your Audi? So if I go to one and later have an engine or transmission problem I'm to expect that Audi is going to tell me to flip the bill? Doesn't make sense. Why would one even buy a new Audi with a warranty if you have to pay for things yourself? Buy a used one and save a butt load of money!

Next thing you know AOA will say not to go on Audi drive alongs cause your using the car too hard:confused:

Ben:addict: