PDA

View Full Version : exhaust choices

V8Meister
June 29th, 2004, 18:00
I'm looking for a nice exhaust that would complement the S4's characteristics. This is my first audi ever, and honestly I am a newbie when it comes to the Audi aftermarket.

Audihead
June 29th, 2004, 18:33
V8 Welcome to the Boards! There are a few systems out there for the S4 V8. Supersprint/Milltek/AMD to name a few. If you use the search function at the bottom of the RS4/S4/S4V8 forum and type in exhaust you will find a few good theads on this subject. :idea:

:s4addict: -Audihead

Muju
June 30th, 2004, 14:00
If I was you I would definately choose Miltek Sports from UK. You will love the sound and performance.

Erik
June 30th, 2004, 14:14
Hi and welcome!

Try http://www.eisenmann-technik.de

You might find mp3 files with sounds etc.

V8Meister
June 30th, 2004, 20:13
Thank you for your replies. I am really leaning towards milltek. I'm in no rush so I'll keep doing my homework. Here's a pic of my car. I have no idea how to attach multiple images to a post.

V8Meister
June 30th, 2004, 20:18
nice

V8Meister
June 30th, 2004, 20:18
interior

Audihead
June 30th, 2004, 21:27
Nice ride! I see you have the Tip. Trans. How do you like it?

:s4addict: -Audihead

V8Meister
July 1st, 2004, 00:49
The tip is great. When I want a smooth ride I leave it in D. When I really want to get on it I use the paddle shifters (I get the best acceleration using them over putting the gear in S mode). Accelerating manually with the tip/paddles also seems to bring out a deeper exhaust note. I haven't really gotten used to the transmission when it is in S mode. No complaints when it comes to the transmission.
:thumb:

nyrs6
July 2nd, 2004, 01:53
Originally posted by V8Meister
I'm looking for a nice exhaust that would complement the S4's characteristics. This is my first audi ever, and honestly I am a newbie when it comes to the Audi aftermarket.

I am shure after this you will probably have youre mind made up ;)

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4537

V8Meister
July 2nd, 2004, 21:53
Now that's exactly what I was looking for. I ordered the resonated exhaust along with the Milltek intake. I should receive them by the end of next week. Anyone know of a reputable shop in the SF bay area that installs aftermarket components on Audis?

Also, would it be possible to send an mpeg of my car with the exhaust installed to a person who can host it on his/her website?

Thank you.