PDA

View Full Version : K&N Air Filters for the RS6 are now in stock !!!

Speed Technik
June 29th, 2004, 17:05
After a long wait for these K&N Air filters to arrive, they are in my hands and ready to ship. While we have not installed these on our in-house RS6 yet, I have had many request for them so I am posting before we put them in so you guys can get them ASAP. Usually, we test everything prior to selling to the public but with K&N's history, we expect some decent gains out of this filter setup. These are the flat panel replacements, 2 of them.

$110 for the pair
$10 Shipping anywhere in the USA.

Total $120

We accept MC/Visa/Discover

You may email me the credit card info (Number, exp. date, security code) or call me directly at the shop.

Orders recieved by 1:30 PM will go out that day via UPS Ground. Overnight will be more so email me your address for an overnight quote.

I have 10 sets available for shipping.

Thanks

Brian

TaTaPiRaTa
June 29th, 2004, 19:20
Originally posted by Speed Technik
After a long wait for these K&N Air filters to arrive, they are in my hands and ready to ship. While we have not installed these on our in-house RS6 yet, I have had many request for them so I am posting before we put them in so you guys can get them ASAP. Usually, we test everything prior to selling to the public but with K&N's history, we expect some decent gains out of this filter setup. These are the flat panel replacements, 2 of them.

$110 for the pair
$10 Shipping anywhere in the USA.

Total $120

We accept MC/Visa/Discover

You may email me the credit card info (Number, exp. date, security code) or call me directly at the shop.

Orders recieved by 1:30 PM will go out that day via UPS Ground. Overnight will be more so email me your address for an overnight quote.

I have 10 sets available for shipping.

Thanks

Brian

I think this information is pure Advertisment, I doubt this community would sustain every dealer or tuner shop to adverise new stuff coming to their stock, except you provide any valuable EXTRA information.

So until you provide info of value to this community or better dyno test results (where you can smuggle your advert as well) I would encourage you to stop this kind of advert posting.

just my 2c.

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

nyrs6
June 29th, 2004, 19:37
It would probably be hard to tell a differnce by just driving it. Since there is soo much power already. But on a dyno it might and it might not. Only one way to find out :D

Speed Technik
June 29th, 2004, 19:38
Speed Technik is one of a couple paying advertiser on this forum and have been for many months, giving us the right to post such things. Everything I have talked about on this forum has been backed up with data except for this one. This is due to the fact that we have no time to do testing becuase we are extremely busy with customer work and Waterfest preperations.

When people from this forum email me about these filters and when they are coming in, then I have an obligation to my customers to let them know publicly.

Many people on this forum have purchased parts from me and no one to date has had issue with the way I advertise except you (TaTa). If you still have an issue, you may take this up with Erik and until he says otherwise, I will continue to do what I do on this forum to help the community. Thank you for your time in this matter.

Nordschleife
June 29th, 2004, 20:05
After a long wait for these K&N Air filters to arrive, they are in my hands and ready to ship. ........ we have not installed these on our in-house RS6 yet
Thanks

Brian
June 29 18:05

and

Hey guys,

We have done extensive testing for Hotchkiss on the RS6 and they are deffinetly worth the money.

(You all should know by now that I am brutally honest when it comes to the products we sell and if we don't have it in our car, I am not going to sell it to you)

As far as downsides go, we are always inspecting the parts we put on our car and have not seen any indications of any possible problems.

Brian

June 29 18:14

change of policy?

Speed Technik
June 29th, 2004, 20:26
No change of policy but when I am sitting on product that people want, I gotta do what I gotta do. Considering it is a K&N product it is not something I am worried about failing unless they are over oiled. In terms of these filters possible being over oiled, I will be inspecting each one myslef prior to going out.

Now onto the flipside of that, while we have tested the Milltek DP's and have sets in stock, I will not sell that because it is not ready for the public due to a design issue that is being fixed.

Plus these boxes are taking up space (60 filters) and I have been out of room for months.

Business as usual....

gjg
June 29th, 2004, 23:21
I will continue to do what I do on this forum to help the community.

free service?

K&N would not , IMHO, make any difference in street driving in US because we will hardly run the car hard enough to notice the difference K&N makes in high rpms. There is plenty of material about this type of filter out there.

I used K&N on S4 (AAN engine with MTM 320 hp setup) and we could not ell any difference when driving in US. Later we used K&N on S6 with 390+hp Lehmann setup in Europe and it did make a difference, comparing with stock filter, in high rpms - 5k+. On low end, no change .....

no one to date has had issue with the way I advertise except you (TaTa).

and this is not true - I am sure that your contribution to Erik in exchange for advertising is greatly appreciated, on the other hand your approach to TaTa's comment is bit arrogant. There are many members on the forum who are not living in US and most likely will never buy anything from you. Plus in Europe there is plenty of tuners to choose from with substantially more experience with Audi turbo engines that you have. As a matter of fact some of them are in US as well.

So why take it on someone on different continent just because he has different point of view than you do?

my $0.02

btw, this is also not correct -
Everything I have talked about on this forum has been backed up with data except for this one.

You still owe an answer to Nordschleife regarding your wind tunel story.....

gg

TaTaPiRaTa
June 30th, 2004, 00:02
Speed Technik is one of a couple paying advertiser on this forum and have been for many months, giving us the right to post such things. Everything I have talked about on this forum has been backed up with data except for this one. This is due to the fact that we have no time to do testing becuase we are extremely busy with customer work and Waterfest preperations.

When people from this forum email me about these filters and when they are coming in, then I have an obligation to my customers to let them know publicly.

Many people on this forum have purchased parts from me and no one to date has had issue with the way I advertise except you (TaTa). If you still have an issue, you may take this up with Erik and until he says otherwise, I will continue to do what I do on this forum to help the community. Thank you for your time in this matter.

Dear SpeedT!

First: it is really great you adverise and help keep this forum alive, this is great forum and your help is appreciated.

Second: If people email you about K&N, why don't you email them back? We all do not need to know you have some parts in stock and what is your order taking procedure. This is not what this forum is for, is it?

Third: In your post there is nothing except advertising, no single new information. Pure advert spam.

Fourth: If you really think this is very important information that you have some items on stock, it would be kind of you to put short notice like "I have K&N finally in anybody interested PM me", while if you read your 10 lines of advert including what credit cards you carry - this is a bit too much to my taste.

Fifth: I would take this matter to Erik normally, but IMHO he has not so many advertizers and he might be more delicate in comuniaction than you are, that's why I've had put this issue public, so people can tell you something Erik might not be in position to do.

Sixth: If being an advertizer allows you to spam the forum with pure adds this forum is going in bad direction what is very sad. Maybe Erik can open a new catefgory for adds only. You could post there every few hours saying how many K&Ns are left to speed up the sales (sorry for sarcasm - I couldn't keep myself form typing that).

Lastly: Please continue to do whatever you can to help this community, but try to be more testeful.

Hope you find my comments to be in your interest in long term, as aggressive advertizes are known to be annoying the audience and finally get opposite results.

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

nyrs6
June 30th, 2004, 00:15
erik i think you should lock this thread

Erik
June 30th, 2004, 00:26
As an advertiser Speed Technik is allowed to post and sell on this forum.

It cost money (not to mention TIME - and time is money) to run a website like this.
And I get a little help from the money the banners bring.

Last time I asked, 2 members contacted me and made private contributions (Thanks a lot!) so it is not the way to make this forum survive I guess. :vhmmm: Also the gallery was paid by sturs6.
At the moment I am looking at updating the RS6.com main page.
My own skills aren't good enough so I have to outsource or buy a solution so I/we can update it more often.
The money I have collected so far will go into that upgrade - the money I collected will be spent on making the website better.

It is always hard to make the right judgment what is right or wrong, allowed and not. So far the existing rules have worked.

Enjoy stuff like THIS (http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/524/password/) instead of fighting. Thanks!

audirs6sport
June 30th, 2004, 02:04
110 USD for a pair of RS6 K&N air filters is over priced. I got both of mine for slightly over 80. :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

JAXRS6
June 30th, 2004, 03:19
Considering it is a K&N product it is not something I am worried about failing unless they are over oiled. In terms of these filters possible being over oiled, I will be inspecting each one myslef prior to going out.

Glad to hear that you'll be inspecting. On another forum for B5 S4s, I read of at least once case where a K&N filter for the S4 spewed oil all over the engine compartment. :eye:

jimmy94507
June 30th, 2004, 04:16
Now that you have posted your opinions of Speed T's posts, I have a couple observations. He contributes money and knowledge. You tell him how to conduct himself. You accuse him of spam? You accuse him of being arrogant. Seems as though you're a bit arrogant for your accusations. Briefly announcing availability of new products of interest to RS 6 owners is not "spam"! You always have the option to NOT read any further posts from Speed Technik.

Jim

Nordschleife
June 30th, 2004, 07:06
Originally posted by jimmy94507
Now that you have posted your opinions of Speed T's posts, I have a couple observations. He contributes money and knowledge. You tell him how to conduct himself. You accuse him of spam? You accuse him of being arrogant. Seems as though you're a bit arrogant for your accusations. Briefly announcing availability of new products of interest to RS 6 owners is not "spam"! You always have the option to NOT read any further posts from Speed Technik.

Jim

Jimmy
What you say would be fine if it reflected the situation as it exists. The problem is that Brian backs up his information with grossly inaccurate assertions. Sometimes they are untrue, sometimes they wrongly slag off other tuners. He would be cut a little slack if he didn't make claims like

"You all should know by now that I am brutally honest when it comes to the products we sell and if we don't have it in our car, I am not going to sell it to you"

and in reply to TaTa

"no one to date has had issue with the way I advertise except you."

Cheerful optimism from salesmen is one thing, we all like to see them believing in their own products, but talking out of his arse AND slagging off other tuners is not fair, or honest and deserves to be called.

Buying advertising space may get him treated more kindly by the editorial board but it does not offer carte blanche immunity from valid criticism from other board members.

R+C

schackman
June 30th, 2004, 13:52
K&N has had these filters out since the begining of the year. I bought mine 1st of April directly from K&N.