PDA

View Full Version : who's got hotchkis sway bars installed?

audirs6sport
June 29th, 2004, 02:41
if so, any major difference? :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

nyrs6
June 29th, 2004, 05:27
It makes a difference on off and on ramps as mentioned on this forum before it deffinetly helps decrease body roll. They make a difference and they are worth the money.

eph94
June 29th, 2004, 16:49
Originally posted by nyrs6
It makes a difference on off and on ramps as mentioned on this forum before it deffinetly helps decrease body roll. They make a difference and they are worth the money.

Any downside?

Speed Technik
June 29th, 2004, 17:14
Hey guys,

We have done extensive testing for Hotchkiss on the RS6 and they are deffinetly worth the money.

(You all should know by now that I am brutally honest when it comes to the products we sell and if we don't have it in our car, I am not going to sell it to you)

They help with the car's understeer and reduce body roll significantly. While they are some thick bars, STFA for specs on them from my initial post, they are hollow core and do give slightly. There are 2 setting, hard and soft, we have ours set to soft and believe that it is the correct setting for street applications.

Andy P, the owner who's car Randy Probst drove now has them installed on soft and I am sure he will post his impressions on them soon.

As far as downsides go, we are always inspecting the parts we put on our car and have not seen any indications of any possible problems.

I am currently taking orders for arrival approx. 2-3 weeks after order has been placed.

$449 plus shipping determined by zip code.

If you would like to get on the order list, email me and we can go from there.

Brian

Aronis
June 29th, 2004, 17:37
I had to remove the mount for mine when I changed my oil, but did not disconnect if from the mount at the very end, just the mount at the underbody.

How much of a job is it to install these???

Mike

Speed Technik
June 29th, 2004, 18:01
Install time for these bars is 2-3 hours.

RobertV
June 29th, 2004, 18:17
Link to Stoney's FAQ (http://www.netwiz.net/~jds/files/a6_links.html#suspension)

I did them on my S6 by myself, not a big job (it helps to have a lift and air tools.)

Install on S6 (http://www.h-sport.com/bin/instructions/22802.pdf)

BTW: the H-sport bars transformed my S6 to what it should have been from the factory, I highly recommend them.

Aronis
June 29th, 2004, 18:35
Great link.

Yes, it is as easy as I thought..

Sounds like a harmless modification!!!

Mike

nyrs6
June 29th, 2004, 19:48
Originally posted by JJV-MA
Any downside?

If you are worried about the ride. The ride is still the same. It doesnt make the ride any differnet.