PDA

View Full Version : did anyone ever find out?

audirs6sport
June 28th, 2004, 10:14
if installing the rs6+ bigger IC will void our factory warrenty?

Aronis
June 28th, 2004, 12:58
That's a great question.

My dealer said changing the brake system to Movit Brakes front and back would not void any warrantee and they said they would do the install for me...

I guess if you have the RS6 dealer install the larger intercoolers they would still honor the warrantee on both the new parts and the rest of the car.

It would only make sense, no?

Mike

RS6 OOOO
June 28th, 2004, 15:06
how much larger are the new Intercoolers? does it make that much of a difference? I was wondering if anyone makes a front mounter intercooler in addition to the side mounted ones. in my opinion it would help a lot and give the car a much meaner stance.

audirs6sport
June 29th, 2004, 01:14
www.eurocodetuning.com contact them ask for Dave. they wanted me to get a fmic. i dunno how much of a difference, but the fmic would do a much better job playing role as an IC. :addict: :addict: :addict:

Nordschleife
June 29th, 2004, 06:28
Be very careful when considering a front mounted intercooler:

1. its looks do no suit the RS6.
2. Its blocking a number of oil and water coolers/radiators.
3. Does the RS6 need a FMIC
4. the cost of a frontal accident is increased

What are you trying to achieve with one of these?

has anybody any empirical data?

I can understand the attraction after a lot of other modifications have been fitted, but it may not be very good value for money when little work has been done. It is easy to reliably develop more power than the gearbox can handle without a FMIC? Using one does not make the gearbox cope with more power, in fact the FMIC may be blocking a fresh air flow to a needed additional gearbox radiator?

Finally, is this just a fashion accessory? Berhaps you would be better off with an EVO?

R+C

RS6 OOOO
June 29th, 2004, 17:03
i was looking at the side mounted intercoolers and they just looked so small. it was just a thought. there will be 3 years before i start doing anything to the beast maybe by then i will know needs to be done.