PDA

View Full Version : So long everyone - sold my RS6

Alan
June 26th, 2004, 15:34
And I will miss it - finest all round sedan I've ever owned or driven. 18,500 troublefree miles in 9 months - I've never put so much mileage on one car so quickly. I sold the RS6 and my C4S and I'm replacing them with an '04 S4 and an '04 996tt. I'll be putting the heavy miles on the S4 and keeping the 996tt as the "toy".

Best of luck with your wonderful cars - I'll be back when the new RS6 is available.

Erik
June 26th, 2004, 15:38
Sad to hear, but glad you liked it.

Looking forward to feedback and pics of your S4 - and of course the Porsche. :revs:

Klint
June 26th, 2004, 15:38
Alan,

Great choice, but it's unfortunate the RS6 had to go.

Both the S4 and the Turbo comprises of a nice stable.

You are aware of our S4 section of the forum, aren't you? ;)

What are the specs of both the S4 and the Turbo you've ordered (or plan of?)

Best Wishes,

eph94
June 26th, 2004, 17:46
Originally posted by Alan
And I will miss it - finest all round sedan I've ever owned or driven. 18,500 troublefree miles in 9 months - I've never put so much mileage on one car so quickly. I sold the RS6 and my C4S and I'm replacing them with an '04 S4 and an '04 996tt. I'll be putting the heavy miles on the S4 and keeping the 996tt as the "toy".

Best of luck with your wonderful cars - I'll be back when the new RS6 is available.

I see the logic in that move... you essentially moved the turbos over to the Porsche (making the "fun" car even more fun) and you deleted the turbos from the commuter car, presumably making it more reliable. Plus, you're not really giving up that much going to the S4--and if you went the avant route, you're gaining utility. I think I would have done the same thing in your position.

I wish I could convince my wife to get out of the X5 into an S4 Avant... It amazes me that she's dead set against it. Maybe when she takes the X5 to the next Audi Winter Driving School she will begin to understand that heavy vehicles like SUVs handle WORSE in the snow and ice.

Benman
June 29th, 2004, 21:04
Originally posted by Alan
And I will miss it - finest all round sedan I've ever owned or driven.
That comment alone will make it very hard for me to let go of mine. Unless it get's in a BAD wreck, I think I'll be keeping mine for a LONG time.:cheers:
Hope you like your S4.
Ben:addict:

Dark Knight
July 1st, 2004, 04:39
Alan -

Nice to hear you enjoyed your RS6 -- and really nice to hear of someone putting a lot of miles on the thing like I am!!! Now I don't feel so bad!

I don't think anyone can disagree with the plan you've put together, really nice swap around in your garage!

Have fun and don't get too carried away with the 996TT, those manual cars are too inviting to blast around the place!!