PDA

View Full Version : Which exterior colour do you like most on RS6?

DejaVu
June 25th, 2004, 22:07
Which colour do you like most on RS6, send pics if you have some.

DejaVu
June 26th, 2004, 13:03
Maybe itīs a Individual colour that looks best on the RS6?

sturs6
June 26th, 2004, 13:26
I like this custom red that was posted here a while back. I like my Mugello Blue also:D .
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/674Red_RS6.jpg

chewy496
June 26th, 2004, 14:37
Ahh yes that red does look good... It's the BMW Z3 red isn't it? I can't remember.

Erik
June 26th, 2004, 14:53
Originally posted by chewy496
It's the BMW Z3 red isn't it?

Yes.

I like Daytona Grey best I think.

And sprint blue :)

Klint
June 26th, 2004, 15:44
Misano Red is my favourite. It's not often I like Red on a car, but this car is an exception.

Board Member: RS6S4 has the best exterior and Interior colour(s) of any RS on the board, of course that's IMHO. It even has red seats belts?!?! :heart:

rs6w
June 26th, 2004, 18:22
This one is too easy....

Daytona Grey. I have gotten *more* comments on this color than on any other car I've owned.

Once I saw a photo of the car in Daytona I knew it was the only color for me!

Hy Octane
June 26th, 2004, 18:42
To look at, I actually like the Mugello Blue the best.. but having just had a dark blue A6 4.2l I opted for a lighter color mainly because its alot cooler tempwise ( I live in sunny SoCal) and it hides the dirt better.. Dark colors hard to keep clean here..

Sims
June 26th, 2004, 19:19
I ordered Ebony Black, but now realise Daytona Gray would have been the better choice - Nordschleife had suggested that to me...:addict:

eph94
June 26th, 2004, 19:46
I think I like the Mugello Blue the best, how it contrasts with the polished aluminum trim, but I went for the Avus Silver since I'm not really the concours kind of guy. I have incredibly hard water where I live and even drying the car off immediately leaves calcium salt deposits. Moreover, when the cars is covered with road salt during the winter, it doesn't like as bad as the darker colors. The downside is that it also doesn't look as brilliant as the darker colors when freshly washed and waxed. I haven't seen the Misano Red in person, but whenever I see pictures, I always like it. Daytona Gray and Avus Silver, to me, are just different shades of gray.

chewy496
June 27th, 2004, 02:38
I might be making this up but did somebody have 'Sprint Blue'?

I can't remember, and can't be bothered to do a search, but that looked pretty cool.

sturs6
June 27th, 2004, 02:40
I might be making this up but did somebody have 'Sprint Blue'?

I can't remember, and can't be bothered to do a search, but that looked pretty cool.
I think Sprint Blue did...:D :vhmmm:

chewy496
June 27th, 2004, 02:42
Blimey that was a quick reply... Well... It's good to know I wasn't wrong 'eh? :p

sturs6
June 27th, 2004, 02:44
Blimey that was a quick reply... Well... It's good to know I wasn't wrong 'eh? :p
Here are his pictures...
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2099

audirs6sport
June 27th, 2004, 04:37
i have ebony pearl with silver interior cf trim. i think that looks the best. but that's just my opinion. everyone has a different taste.

nyrs6
June 27th, 2004, 06:52
Sprint blue. It looks much better in person

Rs6s4
June 27th, 2004, 11:16
Klint, thanx for your compliment.

any one got Black Sedan RS6? I like the black color.

SpinEcho
June 27th, 2004, 14:00
Daytona Gray, of course ;)

I've seen pictures, but I've never seen Goodwood Green in person. It looks really nice, though...

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/500/1200Gallery_1.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/500/1200Gallery_3.jpg

sturs6
June 27th, 2004, 19:31
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Daytona Gray, of course ;)

I've seen pictures, but I've never seen Goodwood Green in person. It looks really nice, though...

Here is a link to goodwood green. I really like the interior of this car though... note the video monitors in the seats and the dvd player. :Dhttp://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2774&highlight=goodwood

gjg
June 27th, 2004, 22:36
Daytona Gray with black on black on black ......:thumb:

gjg
June 27th, 2004, 22:44
here is mine (DG with black optical packet outside) when delivered - my friends had some fun with it ...

:D

gjg
June 27th, 2004, 22:55
here is the pic (March 04) .... could not get it work ... :D

Nordschleife
June 28th, 2004, 07:36
with the Black 'Optik Paket', the car does look much better with the body coloured mirrors. Externally the same as I went for.

R+C

audirs6sport
June 28th, 2004, 09:23
ebony pearl is suppose to be closest to black

k2
June 30th, 2004, 16:13
Man I wish I could get my hands on this baby ... I love this ... would match my C4S

Aronis
June 30th, 2004, 17:02
Datona Grey, because that is what I have! LOL.....A metalic Black would be nice too.

Mike

rs6_newyork
June 30th, 2004, 17:16
Does anyone else think Avus Silver makes the RS6 look too "fat' ? I think that, and when I spotted a silver avus parked the non car freak friend of mine also said the same thing.
Something about the lighter color making the lower flanks more obvious. whatever the reason, darker colors (daytona, black, blue) just seem to make the car look better IMO.

Dark Knight
July 6th, 2004, 02:09
Audi did a nice job with their green . . .

Benman
July 6th, 2004, 21:06
Originally posted by rs6w
This one is too easy....

Daytona Grey. I have gotten *more* comments on this color than on any other car I've owned.

Once I saw a photo of the car in Daytona I knew it was the only color for me!
:D Agreed. Heck, any color on a RS 6 looks good. I went with Daytona because it was one of only 2 colors that are exclusive to the RS 6 (Misano, Avus, Goodwood and Ebony are all available on other Audis). It made sense that if I was going to buy an exclusive "quattro" why not get the exclusive color to boot. The Mugello is great but Daytona matches the Stealthy personality a little better. And I've also got a ton of compliments about the shimmering effect of the color in the sunlight.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

JAXRS6
July 6th, 2004, 23:17
I'm very happy with Mugello Blue. The silver trim complements it perfectly, and other people compliment me in abundance! I like Daytona too but I've had silver & black colors recently on other cars -- and to me, Daytona was a variation on that theme. This time I wanted some real "color." The blue also changes character with varying light.

Also like the Goodwood Green -- especially with tan interior. But I don't think the tan interior is available in the US. Right? Cuz if I had been told it was, I probably would have ordered it.

Bauer
July 7th, 2004, 00:52
Ya, I don't know thats a tuff one.....whats my favorite color????

Hmmmm let me think??

Dark Knight
July 7th, 2004, 02:10
Bauer - that's too funny!

hey, i like the increasing width of the cars in the pic, really shows the difference.

JAXRS6
July 7th, 2004, 04:45
Originally posted by rs6_newyork
Does anyone else think Avus Silver makes the RS6 look too "fat' ? I think that, and when I spotted a silver avus parked the non car freak friend of mine also said the same thing.
Something about the lighter color making the lower flanks more obvious. whatever the reason, darker colors (daytona, black, blue) just seem to make the car look better IMO.

Methinks you're onto something here. Heavier people have been told for a long time that if they want to look thinner, wear dark clothes. I think it's because black (and other dark colors) absorb light, whereas white (and other light colors) reflect it -- making light colored things look bigger than the same things colored dark.