PDA

View Full Version : She's Going Under the Impact Wrench!

Bauer
June 22nd, 2004, 01:48
Well dropped her off to get the turbo's replace @17k due to a faulty spring in one of the internal wastegates. Just the unluck of the draw I guess. Even though the other turbo is just fine they always replace both. Funny thing is the over-boost problem has not come back since they ordered the turbos over a month and a half ago. Car was trying to heal itself I guess:D :D . Should have the car back by Thursday, but in the meantime I have been lucky enough to be given a 2000 2.8 A6 non-quattro:incar: .

I have totally screwed myself from ever buying a "sensable" car in the future. I am destin to have high gas bills and expensive insurance for the rest of my days:doh:

RobertV
June 22nd, 2004, 12:23
I hear you on the self copulation :D
I made the mistake once of going from a 540 to a 330----it was not pretty----I'm still in therapy over this one. The loaners kill me too!
Hope your beast comes out better than new:mech:

iconcls
June 22nd, 2004, 14:45
Originally posted by Bauer
I have totally screwed myself from ever buying a "sensable" car in the future.

Once you go RS, you can't go back, PERIOD!

Good luck with the repair.

Audihead
June 22nd, 2004, 15:21
Go rent a Vette for a day. It's like morphine, it will help kill the pain for a while. Hope you get your Beast back soon and better than new.:mech: :revs:

:s4addict: -Audihead

TheBrit
June 22nd, 2004, 17:03
Originally posted by iconcls
Tell me about it, it's difficult. As an early RS 6 owner (Dec 2002), I've got a fair few miles on mine now and although I love it as much as I did when it was new (if not more!), I do have a dilemma about what to replace it with.

I'd like to keep it, and buy a 3.2 DSG TT and an S4 cabriolet, but then if money's no object I'd like a Lear Jet and a Sunseeker Predator 80 too please. Meanwhile, back in the real world, I just don't know what I want next.

I really hope the SWB A8 W12 is so good that I have to have one at all costs, that would at least take away the indescision.

Bauer
June 22nd, 2004, 17:39
but then if money's no object I'd like a Lear Jet and a Sunseeker Predator 80 too please.

Well as long as your buying i'll take this Benitti (Taiba).

http://www.benettiyachts.it/benettifleet/steel.htm

And this Falcon 900 to round it out.

http://www.chapman-freeborn.com/www/cf_german/vip_update/execjets/falcon900.htm

:D :D

Thanks all for the well wishes...will keep you posted.

Klint
June 22nd, 2004, 19:15
Bauer,

Such ashame, hope the aRSe (;)) gets well asap.

RS6 OOOO
June 23rd, 2004, 20:08
when the RS6 goes in the shop we got a 3.0 non quattro A6. it was the worst 3 days ever.:addict:

gjg
June 23rd, 2004, 21:53
And this Falcon 900 to round it out.

actually Falcon 50 is my preferred one because it needs shorter runway and you can take to smaller islands in the Caribbean........

:thumb:

gjg
June 23rd, 2004, 21:58
and, for that matter, who would want to take French (puke: ) made Airbus A319 as executive jet anyway .... ?

The maintenance cost alone would cover more than MTM stick shift equipped RS6 ... :D

Bauer
June 23rd, 2004, 23:22
actually Falcon 50 is my preferred one because it needs shorter runway and you can take to smaller islands in the Caribbean........

Well in that case I will need two jets because I really enjoy the Caribbean:D :D

Plus maybe a smaller yacht, say around 80ft or 90ft with a more shallow draft for crusing in the Caribbean.:thumb:

Cheers,

Benman
June 25th, 2004, 14:26
Bauer:cheers: ,

Hope all goes well on your Beast. I know you'll be anxious to get back into your RS 6 after tooling around in a 2.8:D

Ben:addict:

nyrs6
June 25th, 2004, 14:41
Originally posted by iconcls

Good luck with the repair.

Not even an S :D

Bauer
June 26th, 2004, 02:12
Well, went to the dealer to check on her and she has lost a few pounds :mech: say a motor and transmission worth of lbs. Took some pics since I figured it would probably be the only time I would see that (hopefully the only time:D ).

Wait I think something is missing!

Bauer
June 26th, 2004, 02:13
Oh there it is!

Bauer
June 26th, 2004, 02:14
Ahhh the KO4....seems a little tight in there

Bauer
June 26th, 2004, 02:15
Missing in action...don't blame it since it caused this whole mess.

Bauer
June 26th, 2004, 03:24
And a photo op for the Misses and the Cosworth....they make a cute couple don't ya think.

Ernesto (ERT)
June 26th, 2004, 05:15
Oh man... that hurts Ben.

I hope they put her back better than new. Any idea on how much longer it will be at Diablo?

Hope you at least got a new S4 as a loaner, that way it won't make the wife's S8 feel abandoned.

Hope all is well otherwise....
Ernesto

Bauer
June 29th, 2004, 04:06
Hopefully this week....and I tried to get them to give me a used 2004 S4 as a loaner:D ...no luck. Still tooling around in the gutless 2.8.

Klint
June 29th, 2004, 04:52
Hopefully this week....and I tried to get them to give me a used 2004 S4 as a loaner:D ...no luck. Still tooling around in the gutless 2.8.

Ben,

It maybe gutless but it has at least some "fun" potential, hit it on the handbrake turns etc. :D

Klint
June 29th, 2004, 04:54
And a photo op for the Misses and the Cosworth....they make a cute couple don't ya think.

:applause:

Great pic, love the shirt too. She's a keeper (obviously!). :thumb:

Wow, that engine looks a MESS!!! :eek:

sturs6
June 29th, 2004, 12:44
Definently good photo opp. Good luck with the progress. Have they given you an update as to whats happening. I just got my car back and I had a 2.8 a4 loaner; I got in mine and when I hit the brakes I almost went through the windshield. I think this was for two reasons. 1. from a4 back to RS6 2. new breaks; rotors and pads.
-Stuart:addict:

Audihead
June 29th, 2004, 16:14
Originally posted by Klint
Ben,

It maybe gutless but it has at least some "fun" potential, hit it on the handbrake turns etc. :D

Yep, nothing goes faster or handles better than a rented car!:dance:

eph94
June 29th, 2004, 16:43

Great pic! Love the shirt, too; that's hilarious. Now I have an idea for my wife's birthday. I wonder how well that would go over.

Does the Bauer Misses work out? Looks like she has a mean set of pipes.

Bauer
June 29th, 2004, 17:14
Yep, nothing goes faster or handles better than a rented car!

LOL

Great pic! Love the shirt, too; that's hilarious. Now I have an idea for my wife's birthday. I wonder how well that would go over.

She was the one that bought it...did not tell me untill it was ordered. She has one that says Mrs Bauer as well....who knows as long as she is happy:D :D

Does the Bauer Misses work out? Looks like she has a mean set of pipes.

Yes she does, pilaties, gym ect I try and keep up:D :D :hihi:

I want my car back!!! On the bright side it should feel much faster after a week or two in the A6 2.8:thumb:

Benman
June 29th, 2004, 20:37

I want my car back!!! On the bright side it should feel much faster after a week or two in the A6 2.8:thumb:
Hope for a speedy return. Soon you'll be out cruising the roads again in the Beast:cheers:

Bauer
June 30th, 2004, 18:07
Well now I am upset!! I have spent a great deal of time and effort getting to know my tech, service writer and others at the dealership I take my car to. I also have a friend who is in the parts department which has helped me to establish these relationships. Before I go further let me say that I know good people make mistakes. The mistake that has been made is just going to delay the repair of my car which did not need to happen.

I am now being told that they are waiting on the gasket set for the turbos on my car which are on back order from the manufacture!!! So they ordered the turbos but no gasket set....what the hell!! I know you can't re-use exhaust or any gaskets for that matter. So why the hell were they not ordered??? I could have been driving my car while we waited for ALL of the parts.

Well, like I said, I know good people make mistakes and I have gotten to know the tech pretty well and in the past he and the dealership in general have taken VERY good care of me. But I am still not very happy.

So there my car sits no motor, no transmission and now way to put it back. Also, no one really knows when the parts will come, they said hopefully the beginnig of next week. At which point I asked ," and what makes you think that? then only real person who knows is the guy running the manufacturing plant!!". So who knows when I will get may car back???

In the meantime I am going to double my effort on getting the S4 as my loaner car.

Benman
June 30th, 2004, 19:50
Very sorry to hear Bauer:(

It is as you say an honest mistake, just a VERY inconvienant one. That really sucks. Hope things get sorted ASAP:cheers:

gjg
June 30th, 2004, 20:03
this just plainly sucks - and this is not honest mistake. Average mechanic knows this ......

They should not only give you S4, they should pay for fuel ....

:rolleyes:

Benman
June 30th, 2004, 20:19
Originally posted by gjg
this just plainly sucks - and this is not honest mistake. Average mechanic knows this ......

:rolleyes:
It's not like they were reusing the gaskets off the oil filter. It's a slip up. A really bad one.

bilbozilla
June 30th, 2004, 21:00
Originally posted by Audihead
Yep, nothing goes faster or handles better than a rented car!:dance:

Off road capabilities are outstanding too!

Bauer
July 1st, 2004, 01:58
Got some more details today on the parts. Turns out there is only one exhaust gasket as the one on the downpipe is built it. They got the exhaust gaskets and now are waiting for the oil O-rings. Which, turns out, after some additional checking through other sources, three other dealers across the states have on order as well. Turns out these three other cars had a similar problem:vgrumpy: :w: . Well now this really is starting to suck. Not to mention the customer SERVICE manager never called me back today....funny how the word service is in the persons title. Did not get any of that today. Well, what was I expecting??? This is very typical...something goes wrong and people hide.

Lets hope tomorrow is better

eph94
July 1st, 2004, 04:27
Sorry to hear that Bauer. :(

I never understood why customer service people "disappear" when things go wrong. While it's not always fun to face the music, the consequences of hiding are far worse.

I hope you do get the S4 as a loaner.

Bauer
July 2nd, 2004, 20:59
Parts in and tech is now working on the car. Was told tech might come in on Saturday to work on my car. No give from the dealer on loaner. However, my friend in the parts dept suggested to call AoA and see if I could get them to pay from one months worth of payment since I have been waiting on parts for so long. He got them to pay one of his once.

Cheers

Bauer
July 6th, 2004, 20:17
My Beast got "re-married" today as the motor is now back in the car. Talked with tech and he said should hopefully be done tomorrow . Can't wait to get my 250 hp back and breaks and suspensions and quattro:D :D

Soon to be back in the saddle:incar:

Benman
July 6th, 2004, 20:49
My Beast got "re-married" today as the motor is now back in the car. Talked with tech and he said should hopefully be done tomorrow . Can't wait to get my 250 hp back and breaks and suspensions and quattro:D :D

Soon to be back in the saddle:incar:
Very glad to hear Ben:cheers:
Hope that's the last of your Beastly woes.

nyrs6
July 7th, 2004, 06:42
Bauer. Are you the only one on this board who had to replace the turbo

Klint
July 7th, 2004, 10:07
Before you collect the car make sure there's some kind of contract to say that the work carried out by the dealership is warranted/guaranteed and it may also be worth asking for an extended warranty on the car too...maybe 4-6 months.

Just as rest assurance for the meantime.

I'm sure the dealership is a very professional outfit, but it doesn't guarantee that the work they've done wont damage other parts of the car etc.

Best of Luck,

P.S Make sure it's in writing.

Audihead
July 7th, 2004, 17:41
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Klint
[B]Before you collect the car make sure there's some kind of contract to say that the work carried out by the dealership is warranted/guaranteed and it may also be worth asking for an extended warranty on the car too...maybe 4-6 months.

Klint in the U.S. it is pretty much standard that on top of the warranty that is already in place any work that is done has a 12 month and or 12,000 mile service warranty when done by a dealership. It varies a little from make to make. These terms are usually listed on the repair bill you get from the dealer. Sounds like things in Europe are a bit in the grey area when it come to things like service and warranty details?

Bauer
July 7th, 2004, 18:12
Bauer. Are you the only one on this board who had to replace the turbo

As far as members on this board and in the U.S., I believe the anwser is yes. I was told however by my friend in the parts dept that three other dealerships ordered the same parts which led him to believe I am not the only one in the U.S. with this problem. But there is no way to know unless I call those dealerships to find out why the parts were ordered....and I don't have time for that:D :D

Bauer
July 8th, 2004, 22:20
Going to get my 250hp,handeling and breaks back today after nearly 3 weeks of driving hell. Lets hope she is as good as new. Also, getting her back just to before a two week trip:rolleyes:

Klint
July 9th, 2004, 12:45
Bauer,

Best of luck, I hope the transition back to the "surreal world" of RS6 goes smoothly. ;)

Bauer
July 26th, 2004, 19:19
Well, Got my car back a day before I was leaving for Europe for two weeks so did not really drive it. Except to my in laws to leave it in their garage as all of the furniture from the first floor of our house was in our garage. Thats another story:D :D .

So when I picked it up last week my mother in law noticed a very small oil leak on their garage floor. So back to the dealer it goes, although it has not leaked on our garage floor which leads me to believe it is a VERY small leak.

On a more positive note, the car does seem faster then before, but that my be due to the fact that I have been driving an A6 2.8 for almost 3 weeks. Then, while in Ireland I drove a deisel Freelander (just about killed myself) and then a deisel Volvo V70 wagon in France :rolleyes: . So needless to say I have been a little short on power lately :cry:

a little OT but since I started this thread....what the hell!!!

In Ireland we drove to the south and the roads are not the best. Not to mention very narrow and for me, the wrong side of the road. I kept reaching down to my right to shift:nono: . My wife got in the passangers seat and went to grab the center rear view mirror at which point I said, "what in the hell do you think you are doing". It was a natural instinic and it was bugging her.

Let me tell you, driving in Ireland is a bit of an adventure. Small two lane roads with big rigs to horse and carrages on them. All the while my wife is asking (several times) me why I am not passing people:incar: . "Well dear, this car has about 90 hp and goes 0 to 60 in around 13 secs (actully looked in CAR magazine) which means I need about 12 miles of open road to pass a Fiat Punto which out killing us". Even after that she kept telling me to pass:vgrumpy: ...so everytime I passed I would tell her I was flooring it as we crawled by the other cars. My wife can be a little impatient:rolleyes:

Benman
July 26th, 2004, 20:36
Well, Got my car back a day before I was leaving for Europe for two weeks so did not really drive it. Except to my in laws to leave it in their garage as all of the furniture from the first floor of our house was in our garage. Thats another story:D :D .

Let me tell you, driving in Ireland is a bit of an adventure. Small two lane roads with big rigs to horse and carrages on them. All the while my wife is asking (several times) me why I am not passing people:incar: . "Well dear, this car has about 90 hp and goes 0 to 60 in around 13 secs (actully looked in CAR magazine) which means I need about 12 miles of open road to pass a Fiat Punto which out killing us". Even after that she kept telling me to pass:vgrumpy: ...so everytime I passed I would tell her I was flooring it as we crawled by the other cars. My wife can be a little impatient:rolleyes:
Sorry to hear it's been such an ordeal with the Beast.:cry: You're being patient to say the least!

As for your adventure in Ireland, that's too funny. After reading that, it even impresses me all the more that my wife NEVER back seat drives. That would drive me plain crazy!:vgrumpy:

Bauer
August 3rd, 2004, 00:56
Well, just got the call no oil leak found. Just residue on the exhaust that is burning off. So good news. now back to :incar:

Benman
August 4th, 2004, 15:13
Unfortunately just in time to take it BACK to the dealer. It seems that Audi is sending out the recall notices about the dash (at least I got mine). Hopefully they already fixed yours while it was there:)