PDA

View Full Version : Shifting from "D" to "S" on the fly

JA
June 21st, 2004, 14:10
Dumb question I should probably know the answer to -- the owner's manual seems to imply that it's OK to shift from "D" to "S" while in motion. Is it? Thanks.

Erik
June 21st, 2004, 14:13
Yes, no problem. But avoid going into 'R.' :hahahehe:

Aronis
June 21st, 2004, 15:56
How about the famous shifting in to Neutral from Drive, thinking you are in TIp mode LOLOOLOLOL

Been there, done that..

Mike

SpinEcho
June 21st, 2004, 22:18
Originally posted by Aronis
How about the famous shifting in to Neutral from Drive, thinking you are in TIp mode LOLOOLOLOL

Oh yeah, that sounds like fun... did you have your right foot down, too? :MTM: :cry:

TheBrit
June 22nd, 2004, 16:55
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Oh yeah, that sounds like fun... did you have your right foot down, too?
Yes, trying to put the manners on a cheeky BMW. :blush:

Johfra
June 22nd, 2004, 18:31
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Aronis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been there, done that (on several occasions). It's really bad when the music is blasting and you don't hear the engine. The last time it happened, I accidentally rev'd next to a modified vette who then proceeded to tail my ass until we split off the road.:doh::wo:

djinn
June 25th, 2004, 12:24
try this... push gas in neutral than shift to drive if car gices permission.:MTM: