PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cleaning

sturs6
June 16th, 2004, 15:24
Does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning the silver seats? I wipe them down everytime the car is washed but I need to find something to give them a good deep cleaning. I am hoping to do a good wax job on the car as well as the clay stick.
-Stuart:addict:

Erik
June 16th, 2004, 15:44
This weekend I found out that jeans + white seats is a bad combo. :looking:

sturs6
June 16th, 2004, 15:53
Originally posted by Erik
This weekend I found ou that jeans + white seats is a bad combo. :looking:
Agreed:thumb: Now I have to make them pretty again... Maybe I could just buy new ones... :hihi:

avdh
June 16th, 2004, 17:13
Zaino leather cleaner and Zaino leather treatment/care (don't remeber the Z codes) is the best.

Since I cannot get Zaino here, I use Sonax Leather Care.

When the seat is a bit dirty, I use a product called "Handy Andy Cream ", not the regular Handy Andy. It is made by Lever Pond. Don't if you can get that in the States.
Then I rinse as much as I can with a damped chamois.
After which I apply the Sonax LC which I also rinse with a lesser damped chamois, when it's dry.

On my webpage there are instructions about waxing and seat cleaning, however the page was done before I started to use Handy Andy.

Klint
June 16th, 2004, 19:42
I read the title and thought.....err...nah. :D ;) ;)

:thumb:

bilbozilla
June 16th, 2004, 20:40
Originally posted by Klint
I read the title and thought.....err...nah. :D ;) ;)

:thumb:

Thanks for taking the high road, K.

nyrs6
June 16th, 2004, 21:13
Anybodu know a strong leather cleaner
we have the ebony interior and when i clean the inside the door sills have some stains and my meguiars leather cleaner wont take it off. Any suggestions?

PS you have to watch what you use. Test on small spot before big spots because the first week we had the car i used the armor all wipes and made it a different color.

Aronis
June 16th, 2004, 21:47
I grabbed a container of Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Wipes at Kmart and gave that a try.

I worked well on the Silver Seats, cleaned deeply and was easy enough to use.

Mike

SpinEcho
June 17th, 2004, 00:01
Click here for the best in leather care:

http://leatherique.com/

JAXRS6
June 17th, 2004, 01:34
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Click here for the best in leather care:

http://leatherique.com/

I'm impressed with Leaherique, too: It restored the leather aroma on my 4-year-old S4, and most leather care products won't do that. It is pricey, tho, must be ordered for shipping (not available in stores), and there's more to the application process than with many others, like having to let the car interior dry in the sun all day while the car is closed up. All in all, a great product for older leather but not too user-friendly.

It may be fine for newer leather, too, but Lexol seems just as good with less hassle. Its cleaner really cleans, the conditioner softens & conditions, no significant waiting time required to dry, and it's available in stores at reasonable prices. I don't think it helps restore the leather scent, but since my RS6 is new enough to still smell good (10 months), I don't worry too much about that for now.:thumb:

Wang
June 18th, 2004, 07:12
IMO, Use the least agressive means to clean. Lexol is great, pH balanced for the German car leathers. For general cleaning, Lexol cleaner wipes or spray (used with a mixture of distilled water) will suffice. for tougher stains, try higher concentrations of Lexol cleaner or full strength spray only-no water and work it into the stain. Remember to use just enough elbow grease(effort) to remove the stain. This is better than using harsh cleaners that may permanently damage the composition of the leather. Followup with damp cloth to remove residual cleaner left on top of leather. Eagle One makes a great leather cleaner, as well. For new leather, there is little need to condition as it already comes treated from the tannery and posseses a good amount of tanning oils. Cleaners like Lexol have lanolin in the formula that moisturizes the leather without altering the original texture and dull sheen and feel of the leather. For leather exposed to much sunlight and weather (like all day every day), then conditioning starting when leather feels dry, usually every month in sunny weather like Southern California is best. Adjust the regimen according to the needs of your leather, just like you are taking care of your own skin) Hope this helps.

k2
June 18th, 2004, 13:57
eeeehhhh ... no Lexol ... there are much better products. I typically don't slam products ... but no Lexol.

Autoglym and Einszett Leather Care. Lexol builds up over time.

These are German products ... created by German's for German cars. They aren't chep, but ... look at what you are driving.

David Bynon at Autopia.org is the guru of detailing German cars. Check it out ... buy all my stuff from him.

www.autopia.org

Klint
June 18th, 2004, 14:51
Originally posted by k2
eeeehhhh ... no Lexol ... there are much better products. I typically don't slam products ... but no Lexol.

Autoglym and Einszett Leather Care. Lexol builds up over time.

These are German products ... created by German's for German cars. They aren't chep, but ... look at what you are driving.

David Bynon at Autopia.org is the guru of detailing German cars. Check it out ... buy all my stuff from him.

www.autopia.org

I use Autoglym....:thumb:

I highly recommend it. :thumb:

Wang
June 22nd, 2004, 02:07
just like Eagle one Leather cleaner. They both are gentle and maintain the newness of the leather. The dressing is something to use sparingly and only on a clean leather surface. There may well be some better dressings out there, but the cleaners are quite suitable from Lexol.