PDA

View Full Version : coilovers!!!!!

carlos
June 14th, 2004, 15:41
Ok not yet. I have been out of town and just last weekend got try the susp. just with sportec springs. 3 comments ( i love cars but not the type of mechanic, just the type of driver )

1- The drop is more like 25mm in front and 10mm in the back, it does not have clearence problems but it looks a little wierd. Prefer something like 15mm al around.

2- It drives better if the roads are good and no deeps ( dont if it is the coorect word ). It swivels in the front more than stock and sometimes it is kind of dangerous. But again if roads are flat is handles better than stock.

3- The 20inch with conti make the car look alot sportier, and the ride is just a little more harsh, but probably is the susp. with springs.

Still think the stock susp. is ok, with springs worst, but i will be trying the coilovers this weekend, still have them in the box ( bilstein pss9 ), lets see if it gets better. My 5 cents do not go with springs if perform. is first, it swivels much more than stock.

About the exhaust:
1- not loud, prob. the same as the stock sport exh.
2- Better pitch and sound.
3- Like alot when in 3000-45000rpm

First time putting photos ( to who should i send them), the car was not very clean.

Happy to answer any questions.
CESA

Erik
June 14th, 2004, 16:04
Send your pictures to erikb@rs6.com or upload them in the gallery: http://www.rs6.com/gallery/

carlos
June 14th, 2004, 22:40
photo 1

Erik
June 15th, 2004, 12:02
Carlos I have your pics. I'll upload them as soon as I have time.

Niiiiiiiice car!!!! :cool2: Mexico's finest and fastest RS6? :thumb: